Original post by In One Ear
Awwwkwarddd xD.

Oop
Reply 81
Original post by In One Ear
Awwwkwarddd xD.

I will wrek u
Original post by illusionz
Given that you're one of the guys with a strong deadlift, any advice/exercises you recommend for getting a better grip? My grip is what is preventing deadlift progression.

If you're struggling with your grip on deadlifts and are not using chalk you are literally pissing away gains!

DOH --> DOH w/chalk --> hook (w/chalk) --> mixed (w/chalk)

by the time your mixed grip fails (if that ever happens) you'll be sufficiently advanced that you can work out what to do for yourself
Reply 83
Going back to cambridge tomorrow for old boys rugby. Will be back sunday evening, might be able to train but probably back too late. Might try mon/wed/fri/sun next week to make up for it.
Reply 84
24/2/14

Back on the smith squats as maxed out the dumbells on single leg split squats last time. Sigh my gym is awful.
50, 70, 100 x5
112.5 5x5 PB

Deadlift
60, 100, 120, 130, 140 x5
Hook grip was a monumental catastrophe. Was stronger with overhand than hook. Mixed was okish. 140 was more like 5x1 than 1x5 as had to keep drying hands

OHP
35, 40x5
45 5x5 PB
Them feels when someone with bigger arms than you asks if you're done with the 45kg barbell so he can go squat with it.

Row -10%
60 5x5

BW Dips 8, 8, 7 :frown:

Bar curls 30 3x8, incline curls 12kg 5, 8, 8, 7

Abs - stuff. They hurt.
Reply 85
24/2/14

Back on the smith squats as maxed out the dumbells on single leg split squats last time. Sigh my gym is awful.
50, 70, 100 x5
112.5 5x5 PB

Deadlift
Hook grip was a monumental catastrophe. Was stronger with overhand than hook. Mixed was okish. 140 was more like 5x1 than 1x5 as had to keep drying hands

OHP
35, 40x5
45 5x5 PB
Them feels when someone with bigger arms than you asks if you're done with the 45kg barbell so he can go squat with it.

Row -10%
60 5x5

Abs - stuff. They hurt.

feels when I've got a sick OHP - got the same 45kg 5x5 today, and you're doing some major lifts.

with time, with time.

you do a lot of warmup sets for DL? my back gets tired from bending over and shoving on the bumper plates.

also, the reps for DLs are meant to be 'paused' i.e from a stationary position.
Reply 86
Original post by tehforum
f
you do a lot of warmup sets for DL? my back gets tired from bending over and shoving on the bumper plates.

also, the reps for DLs are meant to be 'paused' i.e from a stationary position.

I wasn't planning on doing as much as I did, i just thought screw it I'm feeling good lets try heavier. Also yeah I know it's from stationary, but there's a difference between a 3s rest at the bottom and 10s rest, or at least it feels that way.
Reply 87
I wasn't planning on doing as much as I did, i just thought screw it I'm feeling good lets try heavier. Also yeah I know it's from stationary, but there's a difference between a 3s rest at the bottom and 10s rest, or at least it feels that way.

yeah that's quite a lot tbh, it psyches you out as well because you begin to focus on the weight, rather than the movement.
Reply 88
yeah that's quite a lot tbh, it psyches you out as well because you begin to focus on the weight, rather than the movement.

I don't know how long I really was waiting. Probs not actually 10s, it's not really what I was focusing on! But I hope it will get better as I deadlift more and my grip improves. Also need to work out how to do this hook grip properly as it shouldn't be weaker than standard overhand!
Reply 89
I don't know how long I really was waiting. Probs not actually 10s, it's not really what I was focusing on! But I hope it will get better as I deadlift more and my grip improves. Also need to work out how to do this hook grip properly as it shouldn't be weaker than standard overhand!

chalk + double overhand?

My grip isn't failing me with 1x5... yet without chalk.

I can imagine at 140 or so, things start to get messy.
Reply 90
chalk + double overhand?

My grip isn't failing me with 1x5... yet without chalk.

I can imagine at 140 or so, things start to get messy.

No chalk yet, don't know where to get it lol Hence the drying the sweat off my hands!
Reply 91
No chalk yet, don't know where to get it lol Hence the drying the sweat off my hands!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MyProtein-Liquid-Chalk-250ml-/171116828207?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item27d75b962f

My protein do liquid chalk, it's good stuff and no where near as messy as loose chalk :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by Angry cucumber
My protein do liquid chalk, it's good stuff and no where near as messy as loose chalk :smile:

see link above :wink:
see link above :wink:

fair does :tongue:
24/2/14

50, 70, 100 x5
112.5 5x5 PB

Deadlift

OHP
35, 40x5
45 5x5 PB

Row -10%
60 5x5

Abs - stuff. They hurt.

Good work on the OHP. Were you using chalk for your deads? Hook grip is worse than DOH w/o chalk since your fingers slip more on your thumb than they would on the bar.
Reply 96
Original post by Implication
Good work on the OHP. Were you using chalk for your deads? Hook grip is worse than DOH w/o chalk since your fingers slip more on your thumb than they would on the bar.

Nope no chalk yet. That explains a lot.
Reply 97
Aiming for 65kg 5x5 bench and row tomorrow. Pre bed brotein shake will make all the difference.
Reply 98
Aiming for 65kg 5x5 bench and row tomorrow. Pre bed brotein shake will make all the difference.

u reckon?

What about a pre-workout shake?
Reply 99
u reckon?

What about a pre-workout shake?

Was a joke (excuse to smash another one) and always :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest