The Student Room Group

Skirrid Hill - struggle for identity

Hey guys

For my AQA AS Literature course i'm doing Skirrid Hill as my poetry collection by Owen Sheers. Unlike in GCSE, i haven't been able to find many online sources about the poems in his collection, so i was wondering if anyone has ideas that they're willing to share and discuss? :smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hey guys

For my AQA AS Literature course i'm doing Skirrid Hill as my poetry collection by Owen Sheers. Unlike in GCSE, i haven't been able to find many online sources about the poems in his collection, so i was wondering if anyone has ideas that they're willing to share and discuss? :smile:

Thanks

From what I can remember in my first year, there are running themes throughout his poetry. One of the main ones relates to the idea of traditional skills and practical trades, such as chefs and farriers. He often incorporates some relation to nature in his work as well, often discussing change relating to nature or how man is shaping it. The final main theme I can remember deals with family and relationships, so relating to heritage, marriage and sexuality.

Hope this makes sense and is useful to you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending