Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Applying for edge hill 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Beckyy18
not always, like most universities it's probably just for the more popular courses that a lot of people apply for, interviews help them to narrow down who is more suitable for the courses :smile:

Ooh okay, thankyou :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by itskshhx
Yeah that is true, but my first four choices for accommodation are ensuite so hopefully I get it :smile:,

Posted from TSR Mobile

My second choice wasn't Ensuite so I think I might get that D:
Thank you :smile:, I haven't accepted edge hill as my firm choice I'm waiting for one last offer -_- so don't have a log in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea same I'm still waiting for one and not put it as me firm but I have a think log in - is ur email address for uname and Ucas number for password

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am still waiting for one more then can start to pick :smile: seeing edge hill next month :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Is anyone going to the applicant day on 15th of this month? :smile:
Reply 145
the spots for 15th feb were taken already, so I have an applicant day 15th march instead.
Reply 146
What happens if you can't come to an applicant day, does it really matter?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kazzy104
Is anyone going to the applicant day on 15th of this month? :smile:

I'm going on the 15th I'm kinda afraid that there will be too many strangers so i'm bring my dad as back up :biggrin:
What are you applying for , if you don't mind me asking ?
Reply 148
Original post by cynthiamusaka
I'm going on the 15th I'm kinda afraid that there will be too many strangers so i'm bring my dad as back up :biggrin:
What are you applying for , if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm either going by myself or with my boyfriend (but Mum and her friend are driving with us then leaving) haha
I'm going for psychology,I haven't been able to find anyone else that is though so hopefully I'll find someone D: yourself? :smile:
Reply 149
What happens if you can't come to an applicant day, does it really matter?

No, it doesn't really matter (especially if you already have an offer) but it's recommended you go to one because they go more in depth into the course :smile:
Original post by Kazzy104
I'm either going by myself or with my boyfriend (but Mum and her friend are driving with us then leaving) haha
I'm going for psychology,I haven't been able to find anyone else that is though so hopefully I'll find someone D: yourself? :smile:

I'm applying for Sociology , so we will both be in the social science department :biggrin:
Reply 151
Original post by cynthiamusaka
I'm applying for Sociology , so we will both be in the social science department :biggrin:

Close enough! :biggrin:
I really want to put Edge Hill as my firm for English but I haven't been to the uni as of yet (15 Match Applicant Day). Even if I do like it and decide to put it as my firm choice, what happens if I don't get my first choice of accommodation?

More importantly, if I do pick it as my insurance, do I not get to pick the accommodation either?? I am confused about picking accommodation if I pick Edge Hill as my insurance.
Reply 153
Original post by Cool_JordH
I really want to put Edge Hill as my firm for English but I haven't been to the uni as of yet (15 Match Applicant Day). Even if I do like it and decide to put it as my firm choice, what happens if I don't get my first choice of accommodation?

More importantly, if I do pick it as my insurance, do I not get to pick the accommodation either?? I am confused about picking accommodation if I pick Edge Hill as my insurance.

You have until May to decide, definitely go to the Uni before making the decision to firm, accommodation is decided in Summer and you would be told on results day, so making the decision to firm earlier and apply to for accommodation won't give you a higher chance. By the sounds of it, including students I've talked to at open days/interview days, most people don't get first choice anyway, you may get another of the places you put as top 5.
You don't get to pick accommodation if you put it as insurance, if you don't get your firm on results day but you have the grades for Edge Hill then I think they'll help you out with accommodation
Hope that answers some of the questions :smile:
Reply 154
Received an unconditional offer today for Film and Television production and media, film and television :biggrin:
Anyone else doing these courses?
Reply 155
Original post by Ben-Leighton
Applied her to do Primary Teaching, got my interview next week (4th December)!

Cant wait!

I've applied for this :smile:
Reply 156
Original post by hebba94
I got my offer for Secondary Mathematics with QTS, a very happy bunny indeed :smile:

To those with an interview for secondary or primary education, just as long as you show how passionate you are and show how much experience you have done, you will be fine. Just be yourself and good luck! 😊

I got my offer for same course! just made it my firm choice! can't wait to start in September 😃
I've put edge hill as my firm choice to go their, can anyone tell me how to apply for accommodation???
Reply 158
Original post by Terrellb15
I've put edge hill as my firm choice to go their, can anyone tell me how to apply for accommodation???

You're apparently meant to get an e-mail/letter from them on how to apply, I never got one after more than a month after firming so I sent an e-mail to accommodation then they sent me the information
I'd say wait a week and if you hear nothing, e-mail them
I've just applied for my accommodation and i just was wondering if anyone else had put chancellors court as their first choice?? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending