The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Superoms
Does anyone know the last interview date for Liverpool??? I have still not heard from them it's so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

A little research goes a long way, especially if you're going into medicine...

They interview until March so there are still some interviews going on. If you haven't received a pre-interview rejection, it's a positive sign thus far.

All this, and more info, is in the OP.
Original post by Dr Shnaz
I just got my rejection and am strangely fine about it, despite no offer this year! I just have to press on. Time spent dwelling on a lack of offers is more usefula s revision time. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL WAITING FOR REPLIES! xx

I got my rejection this week as well, am also fine about it with a little bit of disappointment but i knew it was on its way... I applied as a mature student with an access to medicine course and am sitting my gcse's in june, got rejected because my gcse's wasn't already obtained at application time. still tho i feel a little gutted but i know I was just kinda trying my luck :frown: Good luck everyone who are waiting for a positive response. :smile: xxx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 922
Original post by Kyalimers
A little research goes a long way, especially if you're going into medicine...

They interview until March so there are still some interviews going on. If you haven't received a pre-interview rejection, it's a positive sign thus far.

All this, and more info, is in the OP.

Thanks for that! But I was after more an exact date for last interview since ppl who had interviews seem to get two weeks notice because offers according to last yrs thread were sent mid march time. And yh I'm staying optimistic despite the long waitttttt!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 923
Did anybody receive an offer or a rejection? I had been invited for an interview on mid December and I think I did very well and I still haven't heard from them only some financial aid and advertisements...
Reply 924
Original post by elenibr
Did anybody receive an offer or a rejection? I had been invited for an interview on mid December and I think I did very well and I still haven't heard from them only some financial aid and advertisements...

The same question has been asked about 300 times over the last couple of weeks. Read the OP.
Reply 925
Original post by elenibr

Post interview offers are being made end of march. Do some reading of previous posts in this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 926
Original post by Superoms
Thanks for that! But I was after more an exact date for last interview since ppl who had interviews seem to get two weeks notice because offers according to last yrs thread were sent mid march time. And yh I'm staying optimistic despite the long waitttttt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no exact date officially. But if you've not got an interview by the 2nd week of March, I'd say it is unlikely thereafter.
So I had my interview the other day, the second consecutive interview at Liverpool; rejected the first time. The interview was just awful: I was a bit too loud and too confident as I tried to mask my nervousness. I talked nonstop, the poor interviewers looked so bored and declared the interview over even before I had finished my last question. So yes, my chances does not look too good.
I really would love to study at Liverpool and I'm annoyed with myself for messing it up again, can I reapply after 3 years?
Reply 928
Original post by TheYorkist
So I had my interview the other day, the second consecutive interview at Liverpool; rejected the first time. The interview was just awful: I was a bit too loud and too confident as I tried to mask my nervousness. I talked nonstop, the poor interviewers looked so bored and declared the interview over even before I had finished my last question. So yes, my chances does not look too good.
I really would love to study at Liverpool and I'm annoyed with myself for messing it up again, can I reapply after 3 years?

Sorry to hear that, though you may surprise you're self when decisions come out! I have a feeling (May be wrong) that I read Liverpool only accept 2 consecutive applications? You'll have to check on their website though. Good luck with your other applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 929
Original post by Student 1
Sorry to hear that, though you may surprise you're self when decisions come out! I have a feeling (May be wrong) that I read Liverpool only accept 2 consecutive applications? You'll have to check on their website though. Good luck with your other applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean yourself. Stupid autocorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 930
1st March on Saturday. Then, we have less than a month to wait. Sleepless nights have started. How is everyone coping with the wait?
Reply 931
1st March on Saturday. Then, we have less than a month to wait. Sleepless nights have started. How is everyone coping with the wait?

What are you talking about? Are decisions coming out in 1st of March? Where did you hear this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 932
Original post by Charlston
What are you talking about? Are decisions coming out in 1st of March? Where did you hear this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decisions end of march-I'm just saying that on Saturday we will be into march and thus the month of decisions :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 933
Decisions end of march-I'm just saying that on Saturday we will be into march and thus the month of decisions :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh ok. You got my heart racing there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 934
Original post by Charlston
Oooh ok. You got my heart racing there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha sorry!
Reply 935
Hello! I was wondering if someone could explain me regarding the recent curriculum change what are the logbooks : I read that the logbook of Year 1 was abolished and in Y2 to 4 they are being revised. I also wondered what the webinars are as they will be used in Y4 ?
Apologies if these questions have already been answer-
Thanks a lot !
Got rejected by Liverpool for non academic criteria pre-interview but got an interview from Bristol who are 80% personal statement based and get more applicants/place - confusing much?! Oh well, good luck guys!
I thought my interview went terribly. The woman just stared at me and showed no signs of emotion at all so that just made me think I was doing terribly :frown:. I got so nervous at the start and my mind just switched off! Liverpool is my last choice now after 3 rejections :frown:
Original post by khiahlouise
I thought my interview went terribly. The woman just stared at me and showed no signs of emotion at all so that just made me think I was doing terribly :frown:. I got so nervous at the start and my mind just switched off! Liverpool is my last choice now after 3 rejections :frown:

I think they are suppose to have poker faces - well they did in my interview - don't give up hope :smile:
Reply 939
Original post by blueberrysro
I think they are suppose to have poker faces - well they did in my interview - don't give up hope :smile:

Yeah don't worry! It was the exact same for me, they had no reaction to anything I was saying, just completely neutral, no nodding or smiling, it was horrible, my cousin had an interview there and she felt the same too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending