The Student Room Group

A level chemistry help!

Hello, I'm a A2 chemistry, physics and maths student from essex. I have been given a conditional offer to study physics from the university of Warwick of A*AA. Now I am not worried about maths or physics as it is quite possible to get an A* in both, particularly maths, however my third A-level, chemistry, is proving particularly challenging. I'm taking OCR B (salters) and was hoping for tips on how to get the A I need. Any advice is appreciated as I'm currently getting C/D's in class even though I'm predicted an A.

Thanks!

P.s. my backup is Southampton with AAB if you're interested. It's nice but Warwick's really the one for me
Reply 1
I'm also studying the same things as you with the same chemistry course. Its complete hell, the biggest regret so far. Plus I don't (and mostly likely you) don't need Chemistry to get into that uni & course, its kind of stupid that someone studying the maths and physics can also be doing film studies and get in :/
Reply 2
Original post by JackFarr
I'm also studying the same things as you with the same chemistry course. Its complete hell, the biggest regret so far. Plus I don't (and mostly likely you) don't need Chemistry to get into that uni & course, its kind of stupid that someone studying the maths and physics can also be doing film studies and get in :/

Tell me about it :unimpressed: I wish they took allowances for the A-levels you take, like chemistry is a properly hard subject and is most likely one of the couple of hardest A-levels. Also apparently OCR B is generally harder. Just wish I could get by with a B :frown: what uni's you applied to?
Reply 3
Original post by Rmatthewc
Tell me about it :unimpressed: I wish they took allowances for the A-levels you take, like chemistry is a properly hard subject and is most likely one of the couple of hardest A-levels. Also apparently OCR B is generally harder. Just wish I could get by with a B :frown: what uni's you applied to?

Well I applied to Cardiff and Exeter with predicted AAC. I got an offer from Cardiff with AAA so i am kind of annoyed, because i really don't think i will get it, but it gives me motivation :/ i have an interview at Exeter on Saturday but if they do offer me a place it will mostly likely be the same or even harder! So realistically i have no hope haha, just my insurance, Swansea.
I do OCR B salters and it isn't that hard at all.

Unit 4- a lot of the chemistry is based on condensation reactions, the rest is either biological/electrode potentials/transition metals/polymer properties which you just have to learn

Can't comment on unit 5 as we aren't very far into it!

If you have any questions my PM is always open or just quote me

Quick Reply

Latest