The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3560
Original post by lNurl
Is anyone here actually listens to Turkish pop? :smile:

i dont like turkish pop it always reminds me of american pop 20 years ago. i like mor ve otesi, duman and pinhani. so rock music. :smile:
Original post by Chaosmyth
I'm actually Arab, so when we went the shopkeepers kept calling us 'Laila' and calling us guzel :colondollar:

I actually knew 'leyla' as meaning 'with the fairies'. :tongue:
Original post by lNurl
Is anyone here actually listens to Turkish pop? :smile:

:lol: used to, now i find it kinda weird, the worst type of turkish songs is when they start rapping in turkish :facepalm:
hey guys :biggrin:
Hi
Original post by daisychain_

hellllooooooooo :wavey:
Original post by Emerald123
Hi

Original post by TheGameOfScience

Very nice welcome!You seem cheerful!:biggrin:
Original post by Emerald123
Very nice welcome!You seem cheerful!:biggrin:

aha, yepp usually i am not this cheerful but im in a good-ish mood for some odd reason :s-smilie: so how are ya!:biggrin:
So can I invadde this society? Or are you not that accepting....?
I'll say this...I have watched FatmaGul and it's pretty brilliant :yy::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Emerald123
Hi

Hello new people! Why not tell us a bit about yourselves? :holmes:

stuffsgrooveyman
So can I invadde this society? Or are you not that accepting....?

Invade? No, I will defend my territory. Join? Yes, of course.

stuffsgrooveyman
I'll say this...I have watched FatmaGul and it's pretty brilliant

I've not watched it, sorry. :dontknow:
Original post by RamocitoMorales

Invade? No, I will defend my territory. Join? Yes, of course.

I've not watched it, sorry. :dontknow:

YUUSSS. THATS ME IN THE TURKISH, PAKISTANI AND SOMALI THREADS. Pretty happy right now tbh :biggrin:

What really? I thought it was a big Turkish drama.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stuffsgrooveyman
YUUSSS. THATS ME IN THE TURKISH, PAKISTANI AND SOMALI THREADS. Pretty happy right now tbh :biggrin:

:colonhash:

Are the other societies xenophobic or something?

stuffsgrooveyman
What really? I thought it was a big Turkish drama.

Probably. :dontknow:

I don't really watch any Turkish TV though. Are you like a connoisseur of television or something?
:colonhash:

Are the other societies xenophobic or something?

Probably. :dontknow:

I don't really watch any Turkish TV though. Are you like a connoisseur of television or something?

Not tried joining any other ones; I will eventually be a mem of the world :smug::smug::fuhrer::fuhrer::yy:

Lmao I've always wanted to be a connoisseur of television, you know be like those 'cultured' people who know everything about tv and stuff but it's pretty damn hard and I'm too lazy so yeaah...unfortunately not :frown:!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stuffsgrooveyman
Not tried joining any other ones; I will eventually be a mem of the world :smug::smug::fuhrer::fuhrer::yy:

So what is your actual heritage? :curious:

Spoiler

stuffsgrooveyman
Lmao I've always wanted to be a connoisseur of television, you know be like those 'cultured' people who know everything about tv and stuff but it's pretty damn hard and I'm too lazy so yeaah...unfortunately not :frown:!!

Out of interest, did you watch Fatmagül with English subtitles/dub or do you know Turkish?

P.S. Olympiakos just beat Man. United. Now Galatasaray has to do the same against Chelsea tomorrow.

Turkish person living in the UK, a level student, all that jazz :smile:
I don't follow football but hearing them mention galatasaray on the news was very exciting :biggrin:
So what is your actual heritage? :curious:

Spoiler

Out of interest, did you watch Fatmagül with English subtitles/dub or do you know Turkish?

P.S. Olympiakos just beat Man. United. Now Galatasaray has to do the same against Chelsea tomorrow.

Quite a messed up nationality. Mums side are originally from Iraq, Dad's side are originally from Afghanistan yet I was born in northern Pakistan because our families (some) are settled there. I'm pashtun if that explains anything :biggrin:. So technically you are kind of right; yes; although where I was born should legally belong to Afghanistan.

What's your nationality?

Spoiler

&no, I watched it with subtitles. My cousin was like "heyy the Turks have the best dramas let's watch them". I wish I could speak Turkish :/! Used to have a Turkish friend back when I lived in England. She was well cool.

And I KNOW SO DAMN HAPPY ABOUT THAT MÀAAAN! Joel Campbell, OUR PLAYER, SCORED AGÀINST THEM. Yeaaah, wow. Poor united, I hate them but pitty them soo much right now.

I'm guessing you support Galatasaray? I hope you win; hate Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Turkish person living in the UK, a level student, all that jazz :smile:

Oh, so you're actually from Turkey? Ladies and gentlemen, we have a celebrity among us! :gasp:

daisychain_
I don't follow football

That's rather odd, for a Turkish person (if you don't mind me saying so). :hmmmm2:

stuffsgrooveyman
Quite a messed up nationality.

:rofl:

stuffsgrooveyman
Mums side are originally from Iraq, Dad's side are originally from Afghanistan yet I was born in northern Pakistan because our families (some) are settled there. I'm pashtun if that explains anything :biggrin:. So technically you are kind of right; yes; although where I was born should legally belong to Afghanistan.

Quite the spicy combination of flavours. :sexface:

Spoiler

Does your dad wear a hat like this one?

stuffsgrooveyman
What's your nationality?

Yes, it's Turkish.

stuffsgrooveyman
My cousin was like "heyy the Turks have the best dramas let's watch them".

My guess is that it was your cousin from your Iraqi side since Turkish dramas are immensely popular in the 'Arab' world. I can't speak for Pakistan.

stuffsgrooveyman
And I KNOW SO DAMN HAPPY ABOUT THAT MÀAAAN! Joel Campbell, OUR PLAYER, SCORED AGÀINST THEM. Yeaaah, wow. Poor united, I hate them but pitty them soo much right now.

You can't show mercy to Man. United because they'll come back and bite you like those serpents that can still bite with their heads cut off.

It was a great goal by Joel Campbell. The curl on that shot... :sogood:

stuffsgrooveyman
I'm guessing you support Galatasaray?

No. Arsenal, actually. I thought you somehow knew when you said 'our player scored against them'. My Turkish team would be Fenerbahçe.
Oh, so you're actually from Turkey? Ladies and gentlemen, we have a celebrity among us! :gasp:

That's rather odd, for a Turkish person (if you don't mind me saying so). :hmmmm2:

Well after having a quick stalk on here I realised that not everyone on this thread's Turkish :tongue:

True, everyone in turkey seems to be involved in the galata-fenerbahce rivalry somehow

No. Arsenal, actually. I thought you somehow knew when you said 'our player scored against them'. My Turkish team would be Fenerbahçe.

I'm an Arsenal supporter too :borat: but I don't watch any of the matches and I have no idea what's going on in the team so not a very good fan.
( I thought Nasri was still around a few months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending