The Student Room Group

TFL Marketing Graduate Scheme (Press Office Stream) Telephone Interview!!

Hi all!!!! I wanted to know how the telephone interview is structured in terms of what sort of questions they ask for the TFL graduate scheme!!! I would really appreciate any help anyone can give!!! Thank you soo much in advance!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, I guess this response is a little late so you've probably had your interview already?! How did it go? Did you receive the call about the assessment center on 24th?
Reply 2
Original post by grads91
Hey, I guess this response is a little late so you've probably had your interview already?! How did it go? Did you receive the call about the assessment center on 24th?

Hey sorry just seen this, nah I did not receive a call unfortunately I am still waiting to see if I have a place for an AC *sigh*
Reply 3
Original post by Akua90
Hey sorry just seen this, nah I did not receive a call unfortunately I am still waiting to see if I have a place for an AC *sigh*

Don't worry, there's still time, applications are still open until Sunday! Hopefully you will get a call soon! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by grads91
Don't worry, there's still time, applications are still open until Sunday! Hopefully you will get a call soon! :smile:

Thank you!!! I've just seen your post on the other thread woow! November!! You are very patient but I'm sure you'll be fine so did you also get the email that said you were being considered for an AC?
Reply 5
Original post by Akua90
Thank you!!! I've just seen your post on the other thread woow! November!! You are very patient but I'm sure you'll be fine so did you also get the email that said you were being considered for an AC?

I know! It was a long time, so don't loose hope! Yeah I also got the email saying that and then just got a call last week telling me to come down on Monday. Maybe they are doing it in order of when people applied or something?! I guess there could also be a second A/C! When did you have your phone interview?
Reply 6
Original post by grads91
I know! It was a long time, so don't loose hope! Yeah I also got the email saying that and then just got a call last week telling me to come down on Monday. Maybe they are doing it in order of when people applied or something?! I guess there could also be a second A/C! When did you have your phone interview?

Yh thank you, you've restored my hope lol. Yes you are right there may be a backlog so they may be doing it in that order. I had my telephone interview on the 31st of January so it has not been as long as yours. Btw are you applying for the press office steam as well? And have you looked at the other threads for TFL one of them has really good advice on AC's from someone who managed to secure a job. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Akua90
Yh thank you, you've restored my hope lol. Yes you are right there may be a backlog so they may be doing it in that order. I had my telephone interview on the 31st of January so it has not been as long as yours. Btw are you applying for the press office steam as well? And have you looked at the other threads for TFL one of them has really good advice on AC's from someone who managed to secure a job. :smile:

Yes I'm also applying for the press office scheme! Are you studying for a PR-related degree? Ohh I see...that's only a couple of weeks ago so I'm sure you will hear something soon. They must have a second a/c I'm guessing as applications are still open! How was your telephone interview? I'm just re-preparing my competency answers now...not my favorite part!
Reply 8
Original post by grads91
Yes I'm also applying for the press office scheme! Are you studying for a PR-related degree? Ohh I see...that's only a couple of weeks ago so I'm sure you will hear something soon. They must have a second a/c I'm guessing as applications are still open! How was your telephone interview? I'm just re-preparing my competency answers now...not my favorite part!

Ohh nice!! I pray we both get it!! Well I'm doing a masters in marketing at the moment and my 1st degree was in business management how about you? Yh it was not too long ago my telephone interview went okay I guess I just prepared a lot if examples that I could use for various questions with the help of my dad as he works for TFL too. I was asked 1. How does the press office manage TFL's reputation 2. Why TFL and this particular stream 3. When have I introduced a new idea to improve something 4.When I have worked in a team towards a common goal and When I have gone above and beyond for a customer. Hope this helps a little as long as you can prepare loads of different examples using the "Context, Action and Result format for different environments you will be fine!
Reply 9
Original post by Akua90
Ohh nice!! I pray we both get it!! Well I'm doing a masters in marketing at the moment and my 1st degree was in business management how about you? Yh it was not too long ago my telephone interview went okay I guess I just prepared a lot if examples that I could use for various questions with the help of my dad as he works for TFL too. I was asked 1. How does the press office manage TFL's reputation 2. Why TFL and this particular stream 3. When have I introduced a new idea to improve something 4.When I have worked in a team towards a common goal and When I have gone above and beyond for a customer. Hope this helps a little as long as you can prepare loads of different examples using the "Context, Action and Result format for different environments you will be fine!

Oh wow it sounds like you're very well suited for it then so I'm sure you will hear back :smile: . I'm doing my masters in languages at the moment - so kind of communications related I guess! Those sound pretty much the same as the ones I had I think - thanks! I will definitely let you know how it goes so you can prepare if/when you hopefully get invited along to the next one!
Reply 10
Original post by grads91
Oh wow it sounds like you're very well suited for it then so I'm sure you will hear back :smile: . I'm doing my masters in languages at the moment - so kind of communications related I guess! Those sound pretty much the same as the ones I had I think - thanks! I will definitely let you know how it goes so you can prepare if/when you hopefully get invited along to the next one!

Aaw thanks you too seen as you are a masters student as well! Okay yes that would be great if you could let me know all the best!! I am sure that you will be fine just use this whole weekend to give it your all!! Good luck!!!
Reply 11
Original post by grads91

@Grads91

How was the AC today? I hope that it went well!! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Akua90
@Grads91

How was the AC today? I hope that it went well!! :smile:

Hey it was a very intense day but everyone was very friendly and helpful. The format of the day closely follows what is set out in the email so group exercise, presentation, interview, test. So there are no nasty surprises! Have you heard anything back yet?
Reply 13
Original post by grads91
Hey it was a very intense day but everyone was very friendly and helpful. The format of the day closely follows what is set out in the email so group exercise, presentation, interview, test. So there are no nasty surprises! Have you heard anything back yet?

Hey, thanks for getting back to me, alright that's nice to hear I hope you get it!!!!

I still have not heard anything :frown: *sigh* but I wanted to ask how many of you were there and what sorts of questions did they ask you after your presentation and during the face to face interviews? Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Akua90
Hey, thanks for getting back to me, alright that's nice to hear I hope you get it!!!!

I still have not heard anything :frown: *sigh* but I wanted to ask how many of you were there and what sorts of questions did they ask you after your presentation and during the face to face interviews? Thanks in advance :smile:

There was 6 for press office and 6 for public affairs. The questions are very much just related to your specific presentation. Interview questions are very much like your phone interview - so just competencies! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by grads91
There was 6 for press office and 6 for public affairs. The questions are very much just related to your specific presentation. Interview questions are very much like your phone interview - so just competencies! :smile:

Okay that's a decent number, not too many of you. That's good to hear if it's just like the telephone interview then that's fine. Well good luck hearing back and keep me posted!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending