The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Im not good at group interviews :frown:
Did it once for sixth form entry,obviously its not the same, but i dont feel like i can truly be comfortable. Groups make me more nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethaneyJ
8 - 10 I believe.

Ahh that's a lot! I hope we get turns to speak rather than it being 8-10 to people trying to get their input in at once before the time runs out

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just wondering; I've applied to the BM6 course and I've already got the grades (BBC) as I'm in a gap year however on my ucas I've put down that I'm doing re-sits do you think that'd affect my application??? All my hopes lie on Southampton now that Nottingham have rejected me :frown:
.-
Original post by hopefuldoctor
I was just wondering; I've applied to the BM6 course and I've already got the grades (BBC) as I'm in a gap year however on my ucas I've put down that I'm doing re-sits do you think that'd affect my application??? All my hopes lie on Southampton now that Nottingham have rejected me :frown:

As long as your grades are fine before resits they don't consider them :smile:
As long as your grades are fine before resits they don't consider them :smile:

Phew that's good to know. Thank you. So seeing as I've got the BBC does it not matter if I re-sit my exams?
x

Hi, I know the UKCAT is used to compare similar applicants,but is this done for when giving out interviews or when giving out offers? Or is it both?
Phew that's good to know. Thank you. So seeing as I've got the BBC does it not matter if I re-sit my exams?

That is my understanding yeah. I had the same situation and I was fine :smile: Might be worth calling to find out for 100% certainly as there is some strange resit rules being broken in the BM5 applicants
Original post by iProcrastinate.
Hi, I know the UKCAT is used to compare similar applicants,but is this done for when giving out interviews or when giving out offers? Or is it both?

As far as I know it is offers. It forms part of the complete overview of the applicant.
That is my understanding yeah. I had the same situation and I was fine :smile: Might be worth calling to find out for 100% certainly as there is some strange resit rules being broken in the BM5 applicants

What kind of re-sit rules are being broken?
Hi

I've applied for the bm6 course i was wondering if anyone has heard back from them? like called for interviews
Reply 511
Original post by BlairCWaldorf
Hi

I've applied for the bm6 course i was wondering if anyone has heard back from them? like called for interviews

I haven't heard anything yet. But apparently the interviews are given out 2 weeks before the date...so we should hear something soon (hopefully!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahhh what is this new 'group' interview thing about? is this MMR/mini stations in style of OSCE or just one big group being interviewed together?
What kind of re-sit rules are being broken?

Someone in BM5 has an interview even though they have GCSE resits that disqualify them :/

Original post by BlairCWaldorf
ahhh what is this new 'group' interview thing about? is this MMR/mini stations in style of OSCE or just one big group being interviewed together?

You'l have a panel interview (you and 2 interviewers) and a group task with other students.
8 - 10 I believe.

Reply 515
You'l have a panel interview (you and 2 interviewers) and a group task with other students.

Is this group task like a discussion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazk786
Is this group task like a discussion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not allowed to say. You cannot prepare for it so don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 517
I'm not allowed to say. You cannot prepare for it so don't worry about it :smile:

Ok thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 518

Bethaney, how much does UKCAT get into consideration for interview? what is the threshold for foundation year students?
Original post by Matiullah
Bethaney, how much does UKCAT get into consideration for interview? what is the threshold for foundation year students?

All this information is already written within this thread. In fact, it's even on this page :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending