The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how they rank us after interview? Is it holistically so it includes our personal statement/grades etc. or is it just based on the interview and thats the deciding factor? Im really confused, also what were they looking for??
Stop torturing yourselves guys. Nobody knows how things are marked or what they will "mark you down on." and anybody who tells you they do know is likely making it up. Just relax and try as best as possible to put it to the back of your mind till mid March (especially if you have A-levels to study for, the stress will not help at all!).
Reply 2382
Original post by ippington
URGENT: Does anybody know if Barts has a policy against potentially clumsy doctors?

:colondollar:

Haha I really hope not!
(edited 10 years ago)
OMG I want to cry. I said some really, really, REALLY stupid things and most of the questions caught me completely off guard. I feel so horrible especially since my reference was brought up and my tutor said some truly lovely things. I feel like I really let him down by being such a retard. At the end, the interviewer started telling me why I should choose Barts. This made me even sadder because I knew all the things he was saying which makes me want to go to Barts even more but after such a horrendous interview... I was also told we'd hear back by mid march.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2384
Original post by Ke299
This made me happy because I banged into the table on the way in and out too!! Glad someone's as clumsy as me :smile:

I did too :colondollar:
Reply 2385
Original post by Cephalosporin
OMG I want to cry. I said some really, really, REALLY stupid things and most of the questions caught me completely off guard. I feel so horrible especially since my reference was brought up and my tutor said some truly lovely things. I feel like I really let him down by being such a retard. At the end, the interviewer started telling me why I should choose Barts. This made me even sadder because I knew all the things he was saying which makes me want to go to Barts even more but after such a horrendous interview... I was also told we'd hear back by mid march.

I really think you did better than you think...you never really know what they're looking for you know? Stay positive and hopefully the wait won't be too long :smile:
Original post by Rosine
I really think you did better than you think...you never really know what they're looking for you know? Stay positive and hopefully the wait won't be too long :smile:

:boing: Thank you :smile: :smile: It doesn't help that King's is being so, so, so slow too. Let's all hang in there!
Reply 2387
:boing: Thank you :smile: :smile: It doesn't help that King's is being so, so, so slow too. Let's all hang in there!

I know ..I'm in the same boat. But you know what they say No news..is good news! :tongue:
Reply 2388
Original post by Storme
I did too :colondollar:

Yay maybe i'm not as clumsy as I thought! Or maybe there are just more equally clumsy people out there than I thought :tongue:
Interviews are finished now if I am not mistaken.
Reply 2390
Original post by Ke299
Yay maybe i'm not as clumsy as I thought! Or maybe there are just more equally clumsy people out there than I thought :tongue:

IT WAS SUCH AN AWKWARD TABLE, nearly took the table cloth with me when I left too, it got stuck to my trousers. Can't wait for my offer.... :u:
Aah... actually the best interview of the 3 I've had. I felt like I had a plausible answer for most things and they seemed happy.

(Let's pretend that I didn't spend the 2 hour train journey ready to vomit from travel sickness, then step onto the right tube going in the wrong direction...)
Original post by hks123
Give yourself some time before the interview, and the interview's about 15 mins and the tour took just under 30 mins - give yourself just over an hour in case they're running late or something, just to be on the safe side...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this - I got there and back in one piece so it's all goooood.
Reply 2393
Original post by Mee 123
IT WAS SUCH AN AWKWARD TABLE, nearly took the table cloth with me when I left too, it got stuck to my trousers. Can't wait for my offer.... :u:

Haha I'm hoping they only count the bit where I was sitting down as the actual interview and forget about the table banging...
Reply 2394
I was so nervous at the beginning i walked in and sat in the interviewer's chair! Next to the other interviewer :O i got the arab/asian guy and the african guy and they were both soo nice. I accidentally interrupted the interviewer a few times because i got so excited. Would this count against me? I'm a bit worried now.
Original post by ak395
I was so nervous at the beginning i walked in and sat in the interviewer's chair! Next to the other interviewer :O i got the arab/asian guy and the african guy and they were both soo nice. I accidentally interrupted the interviewer a few times because i got so excited. Would this count against me? I'm a bit worried now.

same lol! I felt i was a bit rude.....
Reply 2396
To everyone who hit the table on the way out... It doesn't matter.. We had a good laugh about it after! I tried fixing it but sorry!
Reply 2397
Original post by Webmasterx12
Interviews are finished now if I am not mistaken.

Yes today was last day.
Original post by Legit
Yes today was last day.

I hope they are swift in replying
Reply 2399
Original post by XingBairong
Maybe they didn't like me then. My interview was exactly 15 minutes :L

Had someone yesterday who did a 8 minute 42 second interview. Beat that.

Original post by MS Miz
Had my interview today. Felt like it went horribly! (Sorry if I'm putting off those of you who haven't had it yet...) but personally I felt a bit intimidated and the whole atmosphere in the tiny corner of the room was a bit claustrophobic! It went on for about 30 mins. I had two female interviewers and I was in group D. Was it just me or did they frighten anyone else?

when waiting for my interview I could hear loads of laughing which made me feel better but once I got there it was nothing like it. ...

Everyone whose complaining about the small interview block - its because last year they were kept very open but the voice was bouncing everywhere and was very difficult, if you looked up in the Old Library, you would see its got a massive ceiling which is very high, so this year they tried keeping it tighter and smaller to prevent voice bouncing off everywhere. Although it was a bit too small if you ask me!

Original post by ededed123
Does anyone know how they rank us after interview? Is it holistically so it includes our personal statement/grades etc. or is it just based on the interview and thats the deciding factor? Im really confused, also what were they looking for??

Original post by sweeny-tom
Stop torturing yourselves guys. Nobody knows how things are marked or what they will "mark you down on." and anybody who tells you they do know is likely making it up. Just relax and try as best as possible to put it to the back of your mind till mid March (especially if you have A-levels to study for, the stress will not help at all!).

Of course people know how you guys are ranked. Your scores are converted into marks - those with full marks in the 4 sections (which I'm not allowed to say) receive offers. Candidates with 80% marks or more get the offer, below that - I'm sorry!

EDIT: Before you start panicking, that is BASICALLY how it works. Its far more complicated than that, but thats what I've picked up.

Mid March definitely. Sorry to hear your interview didn't go planned - I am sure all hope isn't lost though.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending