The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by CourtneyGib
Me neither ... Hopefully will soon, the wait seem to be going on forever! Yeah, they said 3 weeks so hopefully within the next few days we'll know! Yeah same!! :frown:

I know! The waiting is the worst part of the whole process- especially as I think it's my first choice! I'll keep my fingers crossed, let me know when you hear back :smile::smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1181
I'm trying to choose between UEA and Lufbra for my firm choice, and at the moment UEA is seeming like the more creative sort of environment I'd like to surround myself in, is that an accurate idea? Are there lots of creative people? Also, what is the music scene like in Norwich itself (apart from clubs) are their smaller bands that play ?
Original post by CurlyC
I'm trying to choose between UEA and Lufbra for my firm choice, and at the moment UEA is seeming like the more creative sort of environment I'd like to surround myself in, is that an accurate idea? Are there lots of creative people? Also, what is the music scene like in Norwich itself (apart from clubs) are their smaller bands that play ?

Yeah it definitely seems so, the Drama Society frequently puts on plays and I often get emails asking if I'd like to audition or just go and see the play. Their is a Creative Writing Society, a Comedy Society, a Live Music Society and I know several musicians my own age who've performed at pubs in Norwich. And the Waterfront has smaller bands play.
Original post by CurlyC

Hello,

http://www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk/ should give you more of an idea of the different events and venues that are in (and around) Norwich. The LCR is actually on UEA campus so is very convenient for students who especially like going to music events :smile:

Vicky
Does for me. Absolutely ghastly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anxiouslife

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all. It has a great atmosphere, a beautiful lake and the buildings inside are fine. It's like saying you won't be friends with someone because they are ugly. Very shallow.
How is it ugly? I've been there and to other unis but I noticed no differences?? What exactly makes it ugly, the architecture is fine to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's alright. I had a tour in January and although there was a lot of fog :angry: it was pretty decent....don't like the look of the weird staircases :/
Reply 1188
Yes. It looks like a ****ing gulag.
Original post by Z0E.
I know! The waiting is the worst part of the whole process- especially as I think it's my first choice! I'll keep my fingers crossed, let me know when you hear back :smile::smile:

Hey! Did you hear back??
Nope, it's not like a "city" university where you are miles from the great outdoors. You can wonder around the lake, get beautiful sunsets, and there are really nice modern buildings too.

Their Instagram shows what it's all about - http://instagram.com/uniofeastanglia
Reply 1191
Original post by anxiouslife

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by thenationalhealth
Nope, it's not like a "city" university where you are miles from the great outdoors. You can wonder around the lake, get beautiful sunsets, and there are really nice modern buildings too.

Their Instagram shows what it's all about - http://instagram.com/uniofeastanglia

I guess it could depend on where you're from? I remember when I went there I was slightly put off and by other factors also, then again I'm from London.
Original post by vdoto
I guess it could depend on where you're from? I remember when I went there I was slightly put off and by other factors also, then again I'm from London.

I'm from London too and I prefer it to most of the unis here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a sucker for old buildings so I thought I'd hate UEA, but the campus is gorgeous even if the buildings aren't, and Norwich itself makes up or it. Also, this.

47346_10151557520883761_601745758_n.jpg

522423_10151215089004333_1612986356_n.jpg

It does actually look that amazing at sunset, I've seen it. And in the snow. And at night when the moon's out and it's foggy.
Reply 1194
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I'm from London too and I prefer it to most of the unis here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was responding to the post above me, but different strokes for different folks. I preferred unis which were campus unis rather than ones integrated into the city but I wanted it to be close to a big city also, like Notts and Birmingham.
Original post by vdoto
I was responding to the post above me, but different strokes for different folks. I preferred unis which were campus unis rather than ones integrated into the city but I wanted it to be close to a big city also, like Notts and Birmingham.

I'm from London too, UEA's campus is only 15-20 minutes on the bus from Norwich city centre, much nearer than I could ever dream of living from London's city centre and there isn't anything Norwich doesn't have that I'd want to go to.
Reply 1196
Original post by jelly1000
I'm from London too, UEA's campus is only 15-20 minutes on the bus from Norwich city centre, much nearer than I could ever dream of living from London's city centre and there isn't anything Norwich doesn't have that I'd want to go to.

Lol i've seen UEA before, but it just wasn't for me thats all. I just preferred a bigger uni and a bigger city I guess.
Reply 1197
Hey! Did you hear back??

Yeah I got an offer!! I'm so happy :smile::smile: Did you?
Original post by Z0E.
Yeah I got an offer!! I'm so happy :smile::smile: Did you?

Ahh well done!! Same :biggrin: I'm so happy!! Is it your first choice??
Reply 1199
Ahh well done!! Same :biggrin: I'm so happy!! Is it your first choice??

Brilliant well done! :smile: Ahh I really don't know anymore I keep changing which one is my first choice, really pleased to have got an offer from UEA though! What about you is it your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending