The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nana96
congrats! ! I have an interview tomorrow do you have any last min advice :smile: ? thank you and congratss again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and no problem. Without any doubt, the most important thing is to be open and articulate in your interview. They are really nice and actually seem interested in what you have to say. Just make sure you use both sides of the argument for e.g., any ethics questions or anything like that.

And keep calm! A few people there were getting really nervous but there is really no point, just make sure you have strong arguments, speak confidently and I would strongly recommend you try to put some lighter moments in the interview (i.e., a bit of joking) as they seemed to respond positively in that. It makes you less nervous as well!

How is your application going? Any other interviews/offers?
Reply 1061
Original post by Nakedferret1108
Thanks and no problem. Without any doubt, the most important thing is to be open and articulate in your interview. They are really nice and actually seem interested in what you have to say. Just make sure you use both sides of the argument for e.g., any ethics questions or anything like that.

And keep calm! A few people there were getting really nervous but there is really no point, just make sure you have strong arguments, speak confidently and I would strongly recommend you try to put some lighter moments in the interview (i.e., a bit of joking) as they seemed to respond positively in that. It makes you less nervous as well!

How is your application going? Any other interviews/offers?

Thank you! I'll defo try keep this in mind tomorrow :smile: This is actually my fourth interview but still no offers, I got 1 rejection after an interview and the other 2 I'm still waiting.. UCL is defo my first choice though I really want an offer from it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
Thank you! I'll defo try keep this in mind tomorrow :smile: This is actually my fourth interview but still no offers, I got 1 rejection after an interview and the other 2 I'm still waiting.. UCL is defo my first choice though I really want an offer from it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh best of luck then I hope you get it :biggrin:
Reply 1063
Oh best of luck then I hope you get it :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have people been rejected pre-interview yet? I've not heard anything yet as of now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Layontheland
Have people been rejected pre-interview yet? I've not heard anything yet as of now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seconded that question, I want to know too! Havnt heard back yet, I think if I don't hear back within this week I will assume that Ill be rejected....
Offer AAA! Interview on 18th February (1 week ago). I thought my interview went really well so Im glad I got this, if anyone has any questions please ask :biggrin:

What's your stat? What's your bmat score?
Reply 1067
Does anyone feel like their interview went really bad but stull got an offer? or do most offer holders feel they had a great interview? my interview was quite hard.. I wasn't able to answer 1 of the qs.. so worried now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1068
Original post by nana96
Does anyone feel like their interview went really bad but stull got an offer? or do most offer holders feel they had a great interview? my interview was quite hard.. I wasn't able to answer 1 of the qs.. so worried now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I genuinely thought mine was awful! It was by far my worst interview and I got an offer 5 days later! :biggrin: I also couldn't answer one of the questions even though I spent about 2 minutes guessing the answer haha I think either my grades helped (I'm on a gap year so have achieved grades) or they're not looking for the perfect interview- just that you're passionate and can communicate :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1069
Original post by nana96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought mine went horrendously, and I know someone who said the same and we both got offers, so there is hope :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1070
Original post by nana96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I definitely thought my interview went bad. I blanked halfway through, had a really shaky start, and was nervous throughout. That said, I did feel that when looking back the interview probably went a little better than originally thought, I was lucky enough to get offered a place a few days after so it probably did go okay in the end. I think they do realise that you are nervous and so take that into account :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1071
Original post by Ke299
I genuinely thought mine was awful! It was by far my worst interview and I got an offer 5 days later! :biggrin: I also couldn't answer one of the questions even though I spent about 2 minutes guessing the answer haha I think either my grades helped (I'm on a gap year so have achieved grades) or they're not looking for the perfect interview- just that you're passionate and can communicate :smile:

Original post by jared777
I thought mine went horrendously, and I know someone who said the same and we both got offers, so there is hope :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thanks for the reassurance, I have a little bit of hope now! All the people with offers that I came across said they had a really good interview, so I was super worried. But thanks again, all I can do is wait now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1072
Original post by nana96
Aww thanks for the reassurance, I have a little bit of hope now! All the people with offers that I came across said they had a really good interview, so I was super worried. But thanks again, all I can do is wait now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel- everyone who came back to the waiting room after their interviews were saying it'd gone really well so I thought I must have done something wrong! Fingers crossed it'll be good news for you too! :smile: they seem to be really speedy so you shouldn't have to wait too long :smile:
People who've had interviews: were they very science based? Or more ethical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My interview was at 2:30 on wednesday afternoon and i haven't heard back and it has been a week :'(.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my interview about a month ago, and was not asked any scientific or ethical questions. Instead, a discussion/debate of the NHS reforms.
Original post by StudentLifeI
I had my interview about a month ago, and was not asked any scientific or ethical questions. Instead, a discussion/debate of the NHS reforms.

Thanks! Had you mentioned reforms in your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timeywimey
Thanks! Had you mentioned reforms in your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i hadn't, she just asked me about them quite directly. Luckily I'd done research
Original post by thegreatsudini
My interview was at 2:30 on wednesday afternoon and i haven't heard back and it has been a week :'(.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sameee! I just want to know, they did say within 2 weeks tbf...
Original post by StudentLifeI
No i hadn't, she just asked me about them quite directly. Luckily I'd done research

Ah thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending