The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5600
One more question about the knowledge tests, is it multiple choice? The English, maths and science ones are they KS2 or GCSE? Is the maths one hard? like GCSE?

Thanks again

:smile:
Reply 5601
Anyone firmed an offer for Liverpool John Moores for secondary PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Numeracy passed. Thanks and praise The Lord lol. That's both done and dusted. Sooo happy. Roll on September... Would highly recommend numeracy ready. I believe it really helped me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seainin-mc
Numeracy passed. Thanks and praise The Lord lol. That's both done and dusted. Sooo happy. Roll on September... Would highly recommend numeracy ready. I believe it really helped me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice! Were you getting every question right on the practices before your exam? I have mine in less than a week! So nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by womanonamission
Thanks for the advice! Were you getting every question right on the practices before your exam? I have mine in less than a week! So nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the start on numeracy ready I was just passing but by the end of the tests I was getting 26/28 etc etc. I think the mental arithmetic today was much easier than the practise tests, there was 3 time questions, 1 conversion, 2 or 3 percentages and fractions. The second half was similar to practise. No pie charts or scatter graphs thou, some cumulative freq, percentages, mean, mode, median weighting. Can't really remember anything else, but numeracy ready really helped me with the time on the first half and getting used to using the same methods for the questions. Good luck in yours, just try to stay calm and listen to each question. You will do great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5605
helloo everyone! just wondering if any of you guys have had interviews / offers for pgce pcet's? im too lazy to scroll back through all of these hundreds of pages, so sorry if this has already been asked! eek!:smile:
Original post by womanonamission

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

If it helps - I also found the real numeracy test much easier than the practice ones! You don't get a score when you pass the test but I didn't feel as though I struggled at all (which is coming from someone who feels maths is their wekeast subject!).

Cindy
Original post by LucieP
helloo everyone! just wondering if any of you guys have had interviews / offers for pgce pcet's? im too lazy to scroll back through all of these hundreds of pages, so sorry if this has already been asked! eek!:smile:

I remember seeing maybe about two people having interviews for PCETs waaaay earlier in the thread, but there definitely hasn't been many.
Reply 5608
Original post by Airfairy
I remember seeing maybe about two people having interviews for PCETs waaaay earlier in the thread, but there definitely hasn't been many.

oh thats such a shame :frown: just wondered whether the type of questions asked where majorly different! scary stuff!
Reply 5609
Has anyone firmed bishop grotts?
Original post by kittykebab
Hi,

If it helps - I also found the real numeracy test much easier than the practice ones! You don't get a score when you pass the test but I didn't feel as though I struggled at all (which is coming from someone who feels maths is their wekeast subject!).

Cindy

Hi there,

That's really nice of you to say!

I keep rescheduling as I don't feel confident. I think I will just take it on Tuesday and hope that, like you say, it is easier on the day! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seainin-mc
At the start on numeracy ready I was just passing but by the end of the tests I was getting 26/28 etc etc. I think the mental arithmetic today was much easier than the practise tests, there was 3 time questions, 1 conversion, 2 or 3 percentages and fractions. The second half was similar to practise. No pie charts or scatter graphs thou, some cumulative freq, percentages, mean, mode, median weighting. Can't really remember anything else, but numeracy ready really helped me with the time on the first half and getting used to using the same methods for the questions. Good luck in yours, just try to stay calm and listen to each question. You will do great

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I have purchased numeracy ready today, so will spend everyday until Tuesday working at it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5612
Original post by LucieP
oh thats such a shame :frown: just wondered whether the type of questions asked where majorly different! scary stuff!

Can I ask what Pcets is? :smile:
Reply 5613
Original post by cutebat
Can I ask what Pcets is? :smile:

heey, it's a pgce in post compulsory education so 16+ :smile:
Original post by LucieP

Yeah I very nearly applied for a PCET so I remember noticing whenever someone popped up and I know it's not been many. Sorry about that. I don't know if they would be majorly different - you'll still be expected to want the same things, if that makes sense! Maybe show a willingness to teach things outside of your subject - I had a friend who went on to do a PCET and she has ended up doing her placement teaching BTEC public services which is really quite different.
Reply 5615
Original post by LucieP
heey, it's a pgce in post compulsory education so 16+ :smile:

ohh okay thanks! Didn't know they did that. Good luck with it all :smile:
Is anyone doing their PGCE at Northumbria Uni (starting in Sept)? I've just accepted my offer, just need to pass skills test next week:confused:
Does anyone know if you can use a CRB check that you have received within the last year? I got one in October when I went to volunteer in a primary school but I'm not sure if I can use that one? x
Reply 5618
im applying for the pgce in primary teaching in inverness i have a interview monday, where im required to do a presentation on a personal learning experience, has anyone any suggestions for me?
It's annoying that institutions can be open to applications and then turn you down without consideration because they are full.

Latest

Trending

Trending