The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel University 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've got an unconditional offer for Music at Brunel!

They were asking for BBB (at least B in music) but I got A*BC (C in music)

They asked me to send them a 1000-2000 word essay on music within the next 10 days and then once I had done they gave me the offer so I think they must definitely be somewhat lenient in their entry requirements...

(although maybe not so much for the subjects they are known to be especially good because they'll be more competition for places)

Pretty sure I'll accept the offer though!(:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Studying History as well :biggrin:
Are you just doing plain History or with a Sandwich Course?
Reply 22
Original post by Dimples579
I'll be putting Brunel as my insurance choice :smile: I'm doing Sociology. Any other Sociology students thinking of coming to Brunel?

I think I am!
Reply 23
Original post by elliott21
I think I am!

Have you been to a offer holders day? :smile:
Reply 24
Yesyes, I was there on the Saturday just gone! Were you there too?
Reply 25
Original post by elliott21
Yesyes, I was there on the Saturday just gone! Were you there too?

No unfortunately I couldn't make it to that one! I'll be attending the April one.

How did you find it :smile:
Hi has anyone had a social work interview? Mine is coming up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Hey! :smile:
I've got a conditional offer from Brunel - AAB to study Law!
I went to the applicant day last Saturday and I was really impressed with the University. Most definitely my firm choice.
Reply 28
Original post by MicahLee
Hey! :smile:
I've got a conditional offer from Brunel - AAB to study Law!
I went to the applicant day last Saturday and I was really impressed with the University. Most definitely my firm choice.

yay! I've got an AAB offer too to study Law. I went to the applicant day on saturday as well, i absolutely loved it. I really hope i'll get in. Hopefully i'll see you there in September :smile: what are your predicted grades?
Reply 29
I got my offer last month for Motorsport Engineering with Professional Development. I'm an Irish student though so they want AAAAB including Maths and Physics. Should be fun!
Reply 30
Original post by marwanazirr
yay! I've got an AAB offer too to study Law. I went to the applicant day on saturday as well, i absolutely loved it. I really hope i'll get in. Hopefully i'll see you there in September :smile: what are your predicted grades?

Haha yeah you too! That's so weird though, already meeting someone that's possibly going to be in my course! (good weird of course 😄)
My predicted grades are AAB! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by MicahLee
Haha yeah you too! That's so weird though, already meeting someone that's possibly going to be in my course! (good weird of course ������)
My predicted grades are AAB! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Hope we get the grades and then i might see you there at Brunel next year :smile:
Just received my conditional offer for communications & media this morning. Anyone here got the same offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by marwanazirr
Same! Hope we get the grades and then i might see you there at Brunel next year :smile:

Good luck with your exams, let me know how they go!
Hope to see you there too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eleanoraa
I've got an unconditional offer for Music at Brunel!

They were asking for BBB (at least B in music) but I got A*BC (C in music)

They asked me to send them a 1000-2000 word essay on music within the next 10 days and then once I had done they gave me the offer so I think they must definitely be somewhat lenient in their entry requirements...

(although maybe not so much for the subjects they are known to be especially good because they'll be more competition for places)

Pretty sure I'll accept the offer though!(:

The music course at brunel is very small and intimate, 40 people per year or so.. so generally yes they can be very lenient, if they like you as a candidate.. which in yourcase, it seems they did :smile:

Its more about the people then the requirements, atleast thats the message I generally get when chatting with the senior lectuers/course leaders and so on :smile:

(final year music student)
If anyone does have any burning questions about life at brunel though.. feel free to ask away!

Spent 4 years of my life here now, and should be able to answer pretty much anything :smile: (thats not hugely course specific...)
Original post by fallen_acorns
If anyone does have any burning questions about life at brunel though.. feel free to ask away!

Spent 4 years of my life here now, and should be able to answer pretty much anything :smile: (thats not hugely course specific...)

Accommodation wise, on a scale of 1-10, how would you rate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deeyana_smiles
Accommodation wise, on a scale of 1-10, how would you rate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends which accomodation you get..

As with any university there are multiple blocks, which range in quality..

Overall, its a little pricey for what you get, but unfortunately that is what you get for being in London (even on the outskirts)

The ensuite accomodation is nice, very standard for universities, big kitchens, small pod-like bathrooms as most new university accomodation has - all very good and standard.. its expensive, but nothing out of the odinary..

Worth noting though, there are big differences between the blocks, so if you get to choose, then do your research :smile: (Mill hall, for instance, has a pretty bad reputation, which is somewhat deserved.. lancaster accomodation has funny windows which are annoying and dont let enough light in... bishops is nice, isembard is also very nice, but mostly for post-grads, so pretty quite..) etc.

Non-ensuite accomodaton, is where I have spent most of my time :smile: its reasonably priced, but you share 2 bathrooms for 10 people, and a very small kitchen. It looks a bit like a prison, but its very functional, and for me having the extra £20-25 a week, is worth sharing a bathroom + having a slightly smaller kitchen :smile:

Everything is on campus, which is very convenient and functional, whilst not overly pretty.

The accomodation off-campus is not so great, in my eyes.. Its very normal for university housing, shared houses - a range of quality.. but its all far higher priced then it should be. you would get identical houses in other cities around the country for fractions of the price, yet just because of it being within greater london, you will pay more. there is plenty of it around though, and its much more cosy then halls, for your 2nd/3rd year (though a lot of 3rd years go back to campus)
Original post by fallen_acorns
depends which accomodation you get..

As with any university there are multiple blocks, which range in quality..

Overall, its a little pricey for what you get, but unfortunately that is what you get for being in London (even on the outskirts)

The ensuite accomodation is nice, very standard for universities, big kitchens, small pod-like bathrooms as most new university accomodation has - all very good and standard.. its expensive, but nothing out of the odinary..

Worth noting though, there are big differences between the blocks, so if you get to choose, then do your research :smile: (Mill hall, for instance, has a pretty bad reputation, which is somewhat deserved.. lancaster accomodation has funny windows which are annoying and dont let enough light in... bishops is nice, isembard is also very nice, but mostly for post-grads, so pretty quite..) etc.

Non-ensuite accomodaton, is where I have spent most of my time :smile: its reasonably priced, but you share 2 bathrooms for 10 people, and a very small kitchen. It looks a bit like a prison, but its very functional, and for me having the extra £20-25 a week, is worth sharing a bathroom + having a slightly smaller kitchen :smile:

Everything is on campus, which is very convenient and functional, whilst not overly pretty.

The accomodation off-campus is not so great, in my eyes.. Its very normal for university housing, shared houses - a range of quality.. but its all far higher priced then it should be. you would get identical houses in other cities around the country for fractions of the price, yet just because of it being within greater london, you will pay more. there is plenty of it around though, and its much more cosy then halls, for your 2nd/3rd year (though a lot of 3rd years go back to campus)

I see, I'm leaning towards firming Brunel but I'm still waiting on Sussex to reply. Thanks for the info, btw do you know anyone who's taking the media & communications course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deeyana_smiles
I see, I'm leaning towards firming Brunel but I'm still waiting on Sussex to reply. Thanks for the info, btw do you know anyone who's taking the media & communications course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, no actually, I dont..

Though I know students who study related courses such as multi-media design, and film + tv, and such.. though not media specifically.. cant help you there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending