The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hello I'm going to oxford brookes in the summer and was wondering what's the reason you can't actually take the carin the city, I will be in Harcourt Hill and you don't you need to go through the city if you had placements or anything?? Cheers for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by lindars
Awesome! What course have you done/are currently on? Thanks. I've just done student finance but waiting to hear back from them, I've heard they are a nightmare when applying for the first time!

I have done a business and events management course and already received my grades, just taking a year off currently. I need to start that, dreading it!
Reply 422
Oh wow, someone else that has taken a gap year. Was worried that I'd be the only one not 18!
Reply 423
Original post by lindars
Oh wow, someone else that has taken a gap year. Was worried that I'd be the only one not 18!

Aha, I'm gonna be 20... :s-smilie: (I did a Foundation year and then a gap year...)

I've been worrying that I'm gonna feel pretty old :/ :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 424
Original post by KehRawwr
Aha, I'm gonna be 20... :s-smilie: (I did a Foundation year and then a gap year...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh it seems to be there are more and more of us that are actually over 19! What course are you doing? Have you been offered a place?
Reply 425
Original post by KehRawwr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lindars

I'll be older too! doubt it will make that much difference. Although because my birthday is in September, I may be 20 too, so old haha
Reply 426
Original post by Olga1988
Hi everyone!!I have applied for the MA in Publishing and I have a phone interview soon...I am freaking out and worried about it so any tips or ideas of what they might ask would be extremely helpful. I am Greek so English is not my mother language...Combine that with all the stress I am feeling and you will have an idea of how terrified I am about the interview..any help would be much appreciated

I had my interview last week for the MA. Don't be nervous, the lady I spoke with was really friendly! She just asked me a little bit about my personal statement and what I liked about the course. It's nothing too intense, and I got my offer the same day! Good luck!
Reply 427
Original post by roshea
I had my interview last week for the MA. Don't be nervous, the lady I spoke with was really friendly! She just asked me a little bit about my personal statement and what I liked about the course. It's nothing too intense, and I got my offer the same day! Good luck!

congrats for the offer:smile::smile: did you accept??did they send you an email or did they tell you right after the interview has finished?
thank you for the info,it really makes me feel more confident about the interview...I just hope I won't mispronounce anything :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 428
Original post by Hanmoo
I'll be older too! doubt it will make that much difference. Although because my birthday is in September, I may be 20 too, so old haha

Are you also moving into halls? I very much doubt there will be any difference. What course do you hope to do?
I've applied there for English and Drama :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barnus
Anyone going to the 8 March Applicant Day?

Hey. I am. But in a different area to you. I'm looking at English and Drama :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barnus
We have a theory with another overseas applicant (I am one as well) that foreigners haven't got any offers yet, only students from the UK did. We hope this will change soon with the January application deadline coming up.. :smile:

Not sure this is true, i am English but I live in Spain and Oxford Brookes was my first offer to come through :/ x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 432
Original post by lindars
Are you also moving into halls? I very much doubt there will be any difference. What course do you hope to do?

No I don't think there will be hopefully ;D yeah definitely halls, really want ensuite but apparently it's rare to get your 1st choice! ... I've firmed for accounting and finance! :biggrin: what about you?
Reply 433
Original post by Olga1988
congrats for the offer:smile::smile: did you accept??did they send you an email or did they tell you right after the interview has finished?
thank you for the info,it really makes me feel more confident about the interview...I just hope I won't mispronounce anything :P

I haven't accepted just yet, but I'm pretty sure I will. Just waiting to here from another place :smile: They kinda told me in the interview, but they sent me an e-mail after with my offer letter, and then updated my UKPASS account. You'll be fine!
Reply 434
Original post by roshea
I haven't accepted just yet, but I'm pretty sure I will. Just waiting to here from another place :smile: They kinda told me in the interview, but they sent me an e-mail after with my offer letter, and then updated my UKPASS account. You'll be fine!

did they sent you an email the same day?? I have offers from other unis but Oxford Brookes is my first choice, so I hope we will be both there in September! :smile:
Reply 435
heyyyyyyyyyyyy,, is anyone who has firmed the university going to the applicant day on the 8th march.. . if so is anyone living from the manchester coach station:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 436
Original post by charly9
heyyyyyyyyyyyy,, is anyone who has firmed the university going to the applicant day on the 8th march.. . if so is anyone living from the manchester coach station:smile:

I'm going but i'm leaving from Leeds bus station and i'm setting off on the Friday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lindars

:five: I'm on a gap year too so I won't be 18 :smile: Always thinking I'm the only on too
Reply 438
Original post by Hanmoo
No I don't think there will be hopefully ;D yeah definitely halls, really want ensuite but apparently it's rare to get your 1st choice! ... I've firmed for accounting and finance! :biggrin: what about you?

I applied last year and have a unconditional place for Primary Education. My course is taught at Harcourt Hill with the Westminster Halls being the only one that provides the longer contract length to match my course so we are offered places there - they are en-suite!

Have you had any information relating to your accommodation?
Reply 439
Original post by Nadindins
I'm going but i'm leaving from Leeds bus station and i'm setting off on the Friday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

which course are you doing ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending