The Student Room Group

Stigmatisation!

Hi everyone!

Im doing a research project into the stigmatisation of schizophrenic patients and of gypsy travellers for my dissertation. Extensive research has shown that society discriminating and treating these groups of people differently can impact the mental health of individuals hugely, in unimaginable ways. I am therefore trying really hard to raise awareness and change this!! Please please could you all take the time to do this 2 minute questionnaire : www.surveymonkey.com/s/burnsidedissertation - every person who does it will be helping me fight my cause massively!!!

I would also really appreciate you getting in touch if you have had an experience with a travelling community or with a schizophrenia diagnosis - I'd like to include ANONYMOUS interviews in my report to give my argument weight

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and an even bigger thanks if you can help

:biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by saelbu
Hi everyone!

Im doing a research project into the stigmatisation of schizophrenic patients and of gypsy travellers for my dissertation. Extensive research has shown that society discriminating and treating these groups of people differently can impact the mental health of individuals hugely, in unimaginable ways. I am therefore trying really hard to raise awareness and change this!! Please please could you all take the time to do this 2 minute questionnaire : www.surveymonkey.com/s/burnsidedissertation - every person who does it will be helping me fight my cause massively!!!

I would also really appreciate you getting in touch if you have had an experience with a travelling community or with a schizophrenia diagnosis - I'd like to include ANONYMOUS interviews in my report to give my argument weight

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and an even bigger thanks if you can help

Moved to the dedicated survey forum for you :smile:
Reply 2
So are you saying the mental health of schizophrenics & travellers is affected by societal discrimination or the mental health of people in communities affected by the presence of schizophrenics & travellers?
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
Moved to the dedicated survey forum for you :smile:

thank you!!
Reply 4
Original post by Jhansen23
So are you saying the mental health of schizophrenics & travellers is affected by societal discrimination or the mental health of people in communities affected by the presence of schizophrenics & travellers?

I'm saying that the mental health of individuals with a schizophrenia diagnosis and travellers is affected by societal discrimination. I can't comment on the mental health of communities as I haven't researched this at all :smile:
Reply 5
done your survey. Please can you do mines:smile:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H6BJMGX
Reply 6
Original post by saelbu
Hi everyone!

done it, can you do mine?
http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/104359OSCPX
http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/104361JDWLN
just click on one, thanks

Quick Reply