L101!

Congrats!
May I ask you what was your ps like?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5521
Original post by season1209
congratulations! May I ask what your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades are? And also, what stage of the email process were you at and when did you apply?

Sorry for the questions haha. I too have applied for the same course.

Hey there, I took the IB program.

As for the email process:

14 jan - application sent
23 jan - 2 week email
30 jan - 7 week email
today - acceptance

Original post by grosseban
Congrats!
May I ask you what was your ps like?

Half of it was about economics - thoughts on a book i've read as well as the economic situation in my country
the other half was about stuff i did in school and outside of school
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by blomberg94
Congrats to all who have been accepted. I was unfortunately rejected a couple of weeks ago. I was however admitted for the management bachelor at Warwick. I have no previous experience of unis in the UK as I am from Sweden. I am simply curious on how well Warwick stands among other business bachelors in the UK. I have also been admitted to Bocconi and IE Business School, and if you have heard anything of these schools, do let me know.

Thankful for any comments.

Fredrik

Sorry about your LSE rejection. Reputation-wise, Warwick's business school is excellent and the university name is recognised both domestically and internationally - check out this thread for other people's comments. It's a great school so congrats on getting in there :smile:

Are you a campus or city person though, and will it matter to you if Warwick is a campus university? I'm asking just in case it wasn't something you had previously considered. i know a few people who weren't too keen on Warwick because of it's location in Coventry, which is really a really small town and they preferred busier more 'exciting' cities such as London or Bristol.
Original post by orangejuice.
Sorry about your LSE rejection. Reputation-wise, Warwick's business school is excellent and the university name is recognised both domestically and internationally - check out this thread for other people's comments. It's a great school so congrats on getting in there :smile:

Are you a campus or city person though, and will it matter to you if Warwick is a campus university? I'm asking just in case it wasn't something you had previously considered. i know a few people who weren't too keen on Warwick because of it's location in Coventry, which is really a really small town and they preferred busier more 'exciting' cities such as London or Bristol.

Honestly I am much more of a city person. I am actually born in London and lived there for 8 years, and in some way it would be great to come back. My father has also 'warned' me that Coventry is not the most exciting place.

I have also applied to Kings and CASS, but have not yet received any further information regarding my application. Do you have any experience or general comments on these schools and there reputation (especially within business).

Fredrik
Got an offer for bsc international relations!!!
Honestly I am much more of a city person. I am actually born in London and lived there for 8 years, and in some way it would be great to come back. My father has also 'warned' me that Coventry is not the most exciting place.

I have also applied to Kings and CASS, but have not yet received any further information regarding my application. Do you have any experience or general comments on these schools and there reputation (especially within business).

Fredrik

King's is an excellent university. Compared to Warwick, it has, arguably, a slightly better reputation internationally whilst Warwick's reputation is either on par or ahead of King's reputation domestically. Overall though, I'd say the differences between the two in terms of reputation are quite small. Firms will respect graduates from both universities and so, attending either will put in you good stead. When it comes to jobs and internships, it'll be up to your personality, your extracurriculars, your interview skills, etc. that make or break it.

Honestly, I'm not too familiar with CASS (but do keep in mind I'm a law applicant!) but it's supposed to be fairly good at what it does (banking, finance and all that jazz). I do think that Warwick and KCL have better names and reputation. If it were to come down to Warwick vs. Cass, I would personally go with Warwick, just because I believe it may be targeted more by banks and companies. I would double-check this though.

If you do get offers from CASS/King's, I'd suggest visiting their open/visit days (along with Warwick's) just to get a feel of the university, the lecturers, the atmosphere, etc.. You'd also be able to ask CASS representatives about which companies target them/hold events at their university.
Reply 5526
Has anyone heard back about Bsc Sociology and Social Policy? :smile:
Reply 5527
Anyone heard back from actuarial science?
Original post by orangejuice.
King's is an excellent university. Compared to Warwick, it has, arguably, a slightly better reputation internationally whilst Warwick's reputation is either on par or ahead of King's reputation domestically. Overall though, I'd say the differences between the two in terms of reputation are quite small. Firms will respect graduates from both universities and so, attending either will put in you good stead. When it comes to jobs and internships, it'll be up to your personality, your extracurriculars, your interview skills, etc. that make or break it.

Honestly, I'm not too familiar with CASS (but do keep in mind I'm a law applicant!) but it's supposed to be fairly good at what it does (banking, finance and all that jazz). I do think that Warwick and KCL have better names and reputation. If it were to come down to Warwick vs. Cass, I would personally go with Warwick, just because I believe it may be targeted more by banks and companies. I would double-check this though.

If you do get offers from CASS/King's, I'd suggest visiting their open/visit days (along with Warwick's) just to get a feel of the university, the lecturers, the atmosphere, etc.. You'd also be able to ask CASS representatives about which companies target them/hold events at their university.

Thanks a bunch!! I did not know that KCL was in class with Warwick internationally or domestically, so thanks for that information. I will definitely visit the unis that I am accepted to. I believe that is the only way you can really get a feel for the environment and if you would enjoy spending three years there.

Fredrik
Thanks a bunch!! I did not know that KCL was in class with Warwick internationally or domestically, so thanks for that information. I will definitely visit the unis that I am accepted to. I believe that is the only way you can really get a feel for the environment and if you would enjoy spending three years there.

Fredrik

No worries! Warwick is an excellent university and many would argue it is better than King's (especially within the UK). Internationally, I think people *may* have heard of King's more, simply because of it's London location. Either way, I think the reputation factor is a small aspect when it comes to jobs. Graduates from both universities are universally respected and it'll come down to you and the way you sell yourself as an individual.

Best of luck with the rest of your applications!

P.S. To everyone else, sorry for hijacking the thread - good luck to those still waiting to hear from LSE.
(edited 10 years ago)
I know I'm new to this thread but I got an unconditional offer for Law today from LSE! Very happy! :smile:
Do you know if LSE take into consideration 2nd/3rd languages for applications?
Reply 5532
Original post by tparish95
I know I'm new to this thread but I got an unconditional offer for Law today from LSE! Very happy! :smile:

Congratulations! may I ask when did you send out your application?
Reply 5533
I'm new to this thread too! But I got an offer for international relations today! Totally unexpected, I didn't think I would ever get one :smile: Applied in December!
Reply 5534
Original post by _nlc
I'm new to this thread too! But I got an offer for international relations today! Totally unexpected, I didn't think I would ever get one :smile: Applied in December!

Congratulations! May I know which emails have you received, please?
Original post by _nlc

Congrats!
Are you an international applicant?
Reply 5536
Original post by F.Tam
Congratulations! May I know which emails have you received, please?

I only received one following my application saying they'd received it and that my application had been considered strong but that was the only email I got until today!
Reply 5537
Congrats!
Are you an international applicant?

No :smile:
Original post by _nlc
I only received one following my application saying they'd received it and that my application had been considered strong but that was the only email I got until today!

Congratulations! :smile:

Have they respected the deadline given or did you receive an offer later than expected?
Reply 5539
Congratulations! :smile:

Have they respected the deadline given or did you receive an offer later than expected?

No they were a bit late, they told it would take 7 weeks from 6th December!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending