The Student Room Group

Newcastle Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Elle.Alice
Congratulations!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou!

Good luck if you haven't already heard back!
Original post by someone01
thank you :smile: I heard at around 12 or 1 :smile: did you apply to newcastle? have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an interview but haven't heard back yet:frown: the rest of us will probably hear back tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PeaceLovePink
I had an interview but haven't heard back yet:frown: the rest of us will probably hear back tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww good luck!! when was your inteview by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Have they sent out rejections yet?
Original post by someone01
aww good luck!! when was your inteview by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dfittes3
Thankyou!

Good luck if you haven't already heard back!

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking what were ur GCSE and as grades like, and ur a2 predictions? Also, what sort of extra curricular did you have? UKCAT score?

Also did u have to bring proof of manual dexterity? And what type of interview was it?

I just wanted to know if it is worth me applying next year, congrats again!!!
Reply 126
Does anyone know what's going on with the replies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Original post by _FDarr13
Does anyone know what's going on with the replies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told all offers made on the 1st of march but app not...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by qwertyuiop9
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking what were ur GCSE and as grades like, and ur a2 predictions? Also, what sort of extra curricular did you have? UKCAT score?

Also did u have to bring proof of manual dexterity? And what type of interview was it?

I just wanted to know if it is worth me applying next year, congrats again!!!

Thanks! My UKCAT was 777.5, Gcse's 6a* 5a b & c, AS ABBDD.
Some people took things they had made in a lab but most didn't as it wasn't required, and a panel of 2 people! Really nice interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey are there any scottish applicants on here that got a conditional offer to newcastle? I got an offer but haven't been sent through my conditions yet so just wondering what the standard is at this university...

Thanks
Reply 130
Anybody heard anything today?
Reply 131
anyone of you internationals?? people with offers? please tell me you are all UK people because I am dying here waiting!
Original post by veronikam
anyone of you internationals?? people with offers? please tell me you are all UK people because I am dying here waiting!

Got an offer on friday but i'm from the UK:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133

I'm international and I haven't heard back yet, though I'm expecting a rejection because of my interview performance :/
Original post by koyyj127
I'm international and I haven't heard back yet, though I'm expecting a rejection because of my interview performance :/

Aww d.w.. My interview went so bad i almost started crying in the interview! I was so shocked when i got the offer email! You'll be fine... Don't lose hope just yet! You never know.. They might have seen something in you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Aww d.w.. My interview went so bad i almost started crying in the interview! I was so shocked when i got the offer email! You'll be fine... Don't lose hope just yet! You never know.. They might have seen something in you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I wasn't too depressed abt it because Newcastle isn't my first choice :P My interviewers kept interrupting me and didn't smile at all. I stuttered an awful lot and my answers weren't making sense at all XD it was my first interview too so I was also extremely nervous :P
Anyway Congratulations on your offer :biggrin: Well Done and gd luck to your June exams :smile:
Reply 136

you are not helping lol
I think I did fine, omg, the wait is the worst
Reply 137
you are not helping lol
I think I did fine, omg, the wait is the worst

I feel you, the wait is absolutely terrible, but on the bright side, as I did terribly, there would be one fewer competitor :P
Just out of curiosity, where are you from and where else have you applied to?
haha I wasn't too depressed abt it because Newcastle isn't my first choice :P My interviewers kept interrupting me and didn't smile at all. I stuttered an awful lot and my answers weren't making sense at all XD it was my first interview too so I was also extremely nervous :P
Anyway Congratulations on your offer :biggrin: Well Done and gd luck to your June exams :smile:

Same happened with me! It was my second interview but the first was mmi, so it was my first panel interview. The interviewer seemed so expressionless and wouldn't respond to any of my answers, it was horrible! Tbh it wasn't one of my first choices until i went there and fell in love with it! Whatever happens im sure you'll be fine :smile: where else have you applied? And thanks so much! You as well:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Same happened with me! It was my second interview but the first was mmi, so it was my first panel interview. The interviewer seemed so expressionless and wouldn't respond to any of my answers, it was horrible! Tbh it wasn't one of my first choices until i went there and fell in love with it! Whatever happens im sure you'll be fine :smile: where else have you applied? And thanks so much! You as well:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The interviewers looked as if they couldn't wait to end the interview :/ I have no idea how long my interview was but I assumed it was abt 15 minutes ? I kinda wanted to cry straight after my interview because I was so traumatized by my own performance haha
I applied to Leeds (waiting list for 2014 entry and offer for 2015 entry :smile: ) , and still waiting for Barts post interview. Got rejected by Bristol pre-interview x_x My first Where else have you applied to and which was your first choice initially? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest