University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by mytsr
What have you applied for?
Are you going to firm Manchester?
(and Oak House are those green breeze block walls calling to you too :wink:)

I applies for pharmacy and will probably firm it ! :biggrin: although I'm a bit dubious as to whether I will get an A in chemistry :/ neg cest la vie!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you know how long a contract you need for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1162
Original post by thismustbecrazy
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you know how long a contract you need for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

42 wks unless you want to stay in accommodation during the summer holiday or if you're postgraduate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read this :smile: Accommodation FAQ

You want the 40 week contract unless you're a postgrad
Did anyone with offers do the Manchester Access Programme? Still awaiting decisions for the course I have applied for and wonder if the fact that I did MAP will go in my favour.
Reply 1165
Original post by cyiarik
I applies for pharmacy and will probably firm it ! :biggrin: although I'm a bit dubious as to whether I will get an A in chemistry :/ neg cest la vie!

Hopefully I'll see you in September then.
Good luck with chemistry, what board do you do?
Original post by AmyPilot
Did anyone with offers do the Manchester Access Programme? Still awaiting decisions for the course I have applied for and wonder if the fact that I did MAP will go in my favour.

Didn't you do Decision Manchester?

It will tend to count in your favour. They sink a lot of money into you as a MAP student, and you're good for the Access statistics that they have to show HEFCE, so to reject you would be the loss of an investment.

However, if it's between you and another candidate who is much better than you, it's likely that the other candidate will be accepted.
Original post by Origami Bullets
Didn't you do Decision Manchester?

It will tend to count in your favour. They sink a lot of money into you as a MAP student, and you're good for the Access statistics that they have to show HEFCE, so to reject you would be the loss of an investment.

However, if it's between you and another candidate who is much better than you, it's likely that the other candidate will be accepted.

Thanks for the reply.

I did Decision Manchester so knew in advance I would get an interview but was just curious if all depts would view my participation positively. Reassured to know that the whole university recognises value in the programme.

Back to crossing my fingers now and thanks again.
Original post by ayesha2112
Same! Have you applied for accommodation yet?

havent got around yet! im still deciding which are I wanna be in! have you?
Original post by redbenzene
havent got around yet! im still deciding which are I wanna be in! have you?

Yep. hulme hall, woolton hall and dalton ellis hall in that order :smile:
Are you firming manchester?
Original post by ayesha2112
Yep. hulme hall, woolton hall and dalton ellis hall in that order :smile:
Are you firming manchester?

yeah im firming manchester, how about you?
ohh okay, i need to go up and see them all properly, are you local?
Hi there. I'm interested in taking up Law in the UK. I skimmed through the websites of several reputable universities, their entry requirement are usually 3 A-level and 1 AS subject. Unfortunately, I only take 3 subjects so maximum I can do is only 3 A-levels. Having been through 1/3 of my course already, it's too late to take up a 4th subject. Can anyone share if they got into reputable universities like LSE,UCL, Manchester or Warwick with UCAS with forecast only with 3 AS subject?

Also, according to the website of University of Manchester, they did not specify that they need 3 A-level + 1 AS level. So does it mean they follow the norm or it's up to them. Can anyone share their experience if they have been in a similar situation as me?
Original post by redbenzene
yeah im firming manchester, how about you?
ohh okay, i need to go up and see them all properly, are you local?

Im not sure, im still deciding between sheffield and manchester.
Yeah, do that :smile: and no im not, im an international student
Reply 1173
Has anyone been rejected after an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FG_x
42 wks unless you want to stay in accommodation during the summer holiday or if you're postgraduate

Thank you!
So, I insured Manchester today, firmed Bristol. It was a really hard decision since I didn't prefer either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1176
Original post by FlyHigh_er
So, I insured Manchester today, firmed Bristol. It was a really hard decision since I didn't prefer either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow that really sucks!! Are you sure you really want to go uni at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dobro
Has anyone been rejected after an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they do that? I thought the purpose of the interview was to determine your offer (i.e, what results you'll need to be accepted) and as a fall back if you just miss the mark. I may be wrong though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do they do that? I thought the purpose of the interview was to determine your offer (i.e, what results you'll need to be accepted) and as a fall back if you just miss the mark. I may be wrong though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've firmed! How excitinggggg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending