The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Alimere
that's so good, congratulations :smile:
How have the other applications been?
And if you don't mind me asking, what did they ask you at UCL interview? :smile:

I got rejected from Cambridge after interview, offer from UCL and Bristol, and waiting to hear from Birmingham (my interview was last week) :smile: yours? And I can't tell you specifically but if you read this forum, everyone gives the same advice to know your personal statement and just remain confident throughout :smile: Good luck :smile:
Reply 1101
Original post by jared777
I got rejected from Cambridge after interview, offer from UCL and Bristol, and waiting to hear from Birmingham (my interview was last week) :smile: yours? And I can't tell you specifically but if you read this forum, everyone gives the same advice to know your personal statement and just remain confident throughout :smile: Good luck :smile:

Well that sounds brilliant, congratulations, you got interviews from all!
I got a rejection from Nottingham, I'm on the 'reserve list' for Brighton and I'm waiting to hear from my interview at Cardiff which was February 6th!
That's great thankyou, good luck with everything :smile:
Reply 1102
Original post by Alimere
It's so bad of me but I can't remember my exact BMAT scores! I didn't realise they were only available for 60 days :frown:

Dont worry, may i ask when is your interview?
Reply 1103
Original post by Alimere
Well that sounds brilliant, congratulations, you got interviews from all!
I got a rejection from Nottingham, I'm on the 'reserve list' for Brighton and I'm waiting to hear from my interview at Cardiff which was February 6th!
That's great thankyou, good luck with everything :smile:

Thank you :smile: Well done to you too :smile: Good luck, I'm sure you'll get an offer from one of them :smile: No problem :smile:
Reply 1104
Original post by vgautam
Dont worry, may i ask when is your interview?

March 12th :smile: are you a fellow applicant?
Reply 1105
Thank you :smile: Well done to you too :smile: Good luck, I'm sure you'll get an offer from one of them :smile: No problem :smile:

*fingers crossed* :smile: Thankyou!
Reply 1106
Original post by Alimere
March 12th :smile: are you a fellow applicant?

Yes I am-an incredibly impatient one, who is still waiting for a response from Ucl, anyway good luck for your interview I have one at Manchester on the same day so hopefully the 12th of March will be lucky for both of us!
Reply 1107
Original post by vgautam
Yes I am-an incredibly impatient one, who is still waiting for a response from Ucl, anyway good luck for your interview I have one at Manchester on the same day so hopefully the 12th of March will be lucky for both of us!

Tell me about it! I had an interview at cardiff on February 6th and I am being so impatient to hear from them! haha, well thankyou, good luck to you too *fingers crossed* the 12th of March will be a lucky day for us :biggrin:
Reply 1108
Original post by vgautam
Congratulations!! Would you mine haring your stats? :smile:

I got 4.7 5.0 and 4A
GCSE 6A* 2A 2B
AS AAAAA
A level predicted A*A*A*A*

I feel really lucky to be called for interview as everyone who applies usually has all A*s and As at gcse
Are my IGCSEs of 5 A* 1 A 2 B and 1 C of UCL standard? I'm planning on applying next year. Thanks in advance for the help. :smile:
Reply 1110
Original post by dandelion-field
Are my IGCSEs of 5 A* 1 A 2 B and 1 C of UCL standard? I'm planning on applying next year. Thanks in advance for the help. :smile:

Not a problem. I got an early interview with 4A* and 2B in my IGCSE although I withdrew and did not attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bibzilla
I just got an interview!!!!! Was not expecting it at all as my BMAT scores are below UCL's average. Not sure what they were thinking but YAY

Original post by Alimere
I just got an interview! I wasn't expecting an interview and I've read that they ask about the BMAT essay, I can't even remember what the essay questions were, let alone what I wrote! can anyone help or offer advice? Thanks :smile: Xx

Hi guys, Can I ask when did you receive the interview invitation?
And also, they had sent me an email in January that they were starting to look into my application, but I havnt heard back from them yet. When did they send you an email for "further information"? I have a feeling they have just dumped my application aside...
Original post by Bomb
Not a problem. I got an early interview with 4A* and 2B in my IGCSE although I withdrew and did not attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, but I'm sure your numerous A levels made up for it! :tongue: I'll be offering 5 AS and 4 A levels, and I sat the Maths 2 years earlier. hehe. So where else did you apply? (other than Cambridge?) :smile:
Reply 1113
Well, if you look back a page or two, I thought my interview went awfully and still got an offer so try not think about it too much, there's nothing you can do now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi there...did they ask you random questions that werent anything to do with your p.s or any ethical questions...cause im stressing if they ask me something out of the blue and i have no idea how to respond.. thanx
Reply 1114
Original post by tehreem5
hi there...did they ask you random questions that werent anything to do with your p.s or any ethical questions...cause im stressing if they ask me something out of the blue and i have no idea how to respond.. thanx

Well, it wasn't all on the PS, but everything was relevant even though some questions were difficult but just take a second, think about it, then give your answer :smile: (cliche I know but it's the best way to approach it) :smile: hope that helps :smile:
Reply 1115
Woo just got an offer today! Happy to answer any question that you may have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1116
Original post by arn4v
Woo just got an offer today! Happy to answer any question that you may have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg congrats when was your interview and how did you feel it went

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arn4v

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any suggestions as to how to prepare for an interview? Know my personal statement really well, reading the news daily, reviewing my work exp.. any other ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1119
Original post by great life
Congrats. When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

19th February :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending