The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F213/F216 Help?!

I'm really bad at this module, I got a U last year so am retaking both.
Anyone got any tips or anything on how to succeed? Any websites or advice?
Original post by Anyafrieda

You need to be incredibly anally retentive when you use specific key terms and come to drawing diagrams. OCR are unbelievable when it comes to ISAs (F213 + F216). The best advice our teacher gave us was highlight the key words in the written questions and then use the specific terminology when answering it.

I know it sounds stupid but quite a few people in the class dropped marks because they didn't use a specific word in their answer, not necessarily because they don't understand the theory or content. FYI; I am taking OCR Biology but at A2 now.
Original post by HarryMWilliams
You need to be incredibly anally retentive when you use specific key terms and come to drawing diagrams. OCR are unbelievable when it comes to ISAs (F213 + F216). The best advice our teacher gave us was highlight the key words in the written questions and then use the specific terminology when answering it.

I know it sounds stupid but quite a few people in the class dropped marks because they didn't use a specific word in their answer, not necessarily because they don't understand the theory or content. FYI; I am taking OCR Biology but at A2 now.

do u have any information on the photosynthesis wavelength of light cwk quantitative and quali?? i have them tomorrow so please help!
Original post by ChooChooCherry
do u have any information on the photosynthesis wavelength of light cwk quantitative and quali?? i have them tomorrow so please help!

Unfortunately no, I am yet to complete/get feedback on these. Good luck though!
does anyone know when the biology practical F216 Exam will be this year
if you do please can you let me know
Original post by Anyafrieda

Not gonna lie if you can't do the ISA you need to ask yourself what your doing wrong , I got an a in f213 and I just drew the table well and used key words . It's not hard when you think about it thoroughly .
Just thought I'd pop in to say I absolutely hate the coursework too :tongue: I've gotten A*s in the written exams and a C in the F216 we've done so far. If I can't improve my evaluative I'd need almost maximum UMS on both exams to meet my offer :/
Reply 7
Original post by spleenharvester
Just thought I'd pop in to say I absolutely hate the coursework too :tongue: I've gotten A*s in the written exams and a C in the F216 we've done so far. If I can't improve my evaluative I'd need almost maximum UMS on both exams to meet my offer :/

With a C in F216, what did you need in the exams to get an A overall?
Original post by Junaaaid
With a C in F216, what did you need in the exams to get an A overall?

Depends on your exact mark (and what you got at AS of course). Tbh I would take coursework marks with a pinch of salt as they always get adjusted to hell anyway.

I got a low C on my F216 (adjusted down from the A I eventually got...) and still got a very solid A. But I missed out on the A* because of it.
Reply 9
Original post by spleenharvester
Depends on your exact mark (and what you got at AS of course). Tbh I would take coursework marks with a pinch of salt as they always get adjusted to hell anyway.

I got a low C on my F216 (adjusted down from the A I eventually got...) and still got a very solid A. But I missed out on the A* because of it.

In AS I got A's in the exams & a B in F213. If I get A's in F214 and F215, what's the lowest grade in F216 I could get and still get an A overall?
Is an A* out of the question?

So your A in F216 got bumped down to a C? Did it stay that way?
I seem to be doing better in my ISAs this year! Last year for F213 I got a D but that was mainly the fault of my teacher who wouldn't let us do more than 1 qual, quant and eval and then wouldn't tell us the marks. Everyone's marks were low and the majority were as poor as mine. But this year I have learnt to check everything, ensuring the correct keyword is used and making sure in tables everything is to the same dp in a results table and using a ruler to draw tables etc. OCR will deduct marks for these things. I'm now doing much better and the teachers are actually telling us what we get which is certainly better!
Reply 11
hi are you doing f216 coursework for OCR a2? what did you have to do?
Reply 12
Hi :smile: does anyone know where the actual marks come from in the quantitative. How many marks does the experiment hold etc.?
About which topic??

Original post by Bobbs
Hi :smile: does anyone know where the actual marks come from in the quantitative. How many marks does the experiment hold etc.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending