The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Onizuka :adore: hes got the best facial expressions ever :mmm: ive been rewatching GTO the last few days, the nostalgia :moon: so funny and inspiring at times :yep: and that soundtrack :cool:

just watched that beauty contest ep :cry2:

Miyabi is such a bitch ugh :p:
Reply 6521
Its been years but I'm still annoyed that Gin died. :colonhash:
Reply 6522
Original post by eugenius 8

ahh been following this news for a while :excited: but its going to be almost impossible for it to be localised cos of licensing issues :frown: gameplay looks like great fun and even though i only know like 10 characters think i might import it for my vita :mmm: its even got Chitoge from Nisekoi and Lala from To Love Ru :awesome:

yeah the thoughts of having non shounen jump characters in it battling it out :sexface:

:five: need to get Virtue's Last Reward too once I get around to getting those last 2 endings of 999 :beard: such a good game :coma: dug up my old DS which i havent touched for 3 years just so I could play the prequel :biggrin:

It is one of the games I am keeping a eye on along with Persona 5 (I want this game so badly :cry: ), Kindgom Hearts 3 and a few others. I don't have a vita and the PS3 is damn region locked so I be screwed if it isn't release in europe :sad:

I yesterday downloaded the demo for Virtue's Last reward. I haven't played it yet though as I also got the Default Bravery demo plus I have been playing Devil Survivor 2 (very difficult but rather good). So haven't had time to give it a go.
Reply 6523
Original post by LadyUchiha
Has anyone here watched buddy complex? How do you guys find it?

Yeah, I'm currently up to date. It's ok, it's turning out to be what you'd expect from Sunrise. It has decent animation (and general all round production), fairly interesting plot and some likeable characters, although neither is original or groundbreaking.

I'll probably keep it on as I like mecha and it's what Sunrise does best, most of the time, anyway. :smile:
Original post by JWH
It is one of the games I am keeping a eye on along with Persona 5 (I want this game so badly :cry: ), Kindgom Hearts 3 and a few others. I don't have a vita and the PS3 is damn region locked so I be screwed if it isn't release in europe :sad:

I yesterday downloaded the demo for Virtue's Last reward. I haven't played it yet though as I also got the Default Bravery demo plus I have been playing Devil Survivor 2 (very difficult but rather good). So haven't had time to give it a go.

I thought the PS3 was region free? Nintendo get so much stick for being region-locked that I'm sure that's the case.

Had a 10% off voucher for Book Depository & ended up ordering 37 volumes of manga...
Reply 6525
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I thought the PS3 was region free? Nintendo get so much stick for being region-locked that I'm sure that's the case.

Had a 10% off voucher for Book Depository & ended up ordering 37 volumes of manga...

Ah wait it is it's the games that aren't. So a non-pal american version of a game will work on a europe ps3. So even though it's region free they make region formatted games :wtf: . But that is good either way
Original post by JWH

hmm i thought cos the PS3 is region free means they can play any region game? ive heard a lot of people are going to import the game so i thought it would work on their NA/EU PS3's :hmmmm:

ah yes Persona 5, i dont own a PS3 but might buy one just to play this game :p: or i could wait a while for Persona 5 Golden to come out :laugh:

i might wait until the summer before getting any more games on my vita, i have enough games to play atm, just bought Atelier Totori Plus in the sale :colondollar: and i dont have a lot of time to play them anyways cos of assignments/mid-terms :sadnod:
(edited 10 years ago)
Just thinking but, which art do you guys prefer;

The Original Fairy Tail animation art;

Spoiler

Or the new Fairy Tail animation art:

Spoiler

I think this art is going to take some getting used to to say the least. =l
I will admit though, Laxus looks better in that pic than he does in the usual episodes, he looks a lot stronger. =l
Original post by Scienceisgood

Spoiler

Spoiler

I will admit though, Laxus looks better in that pic than he does in the usual episodes, he looks a lot stronger. =l

New one. The pic of the old one looks a bit off.
Original post by Scienceisgood

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm attracted to the old style tbh. The new one seems too crisp and smooth.
from someone who's only seen one ep of the show i prefer the old one :tongue:

ive been thinking about getting the rest of the GTO manga, got the first 8 volumes a few years ago back at home but never read them :redface: but they seem to be pretty much all sold out now :frown: if only i had bought all 25 volumes back then :argh:
This should be of interest to anyone who has an Anime-Planet account and watches anime on Crunchyroll - you can now watch Crunchyroll series on A-P, and have it automatically update your list while you do so. :beard:

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211760
Reply 6532
Original post by AngryJellyfish
This should be of interest to anyone who has an Anime-Planet account and watches anime on Crunchyroll - you can now watch Crunchyroll series on A-P, and have it automatically update your list while you do so. :beard:

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211760

I was just coming over to report that - Sothis has been teasing it on Twitter for the past week so I had an idea, but it is still exciting to see. A-P's design should support this link much better than if they tried it with MAL.
An interesting prospect indeed :tongue: also I noticed they're merging the A-P accounts with the A-P forum accounts which is well overdue! I mean who on earth wants to sign up more than once to the same website!
Original post by caraniel
I was just coming over to report that - Sothis has been teasing it on Twitter for the past week so I had an idea, but it is still exciting to see. A-P's design should support this link much better than if they tried it with MAL.

I *might* take this as an excuse to subscribe to Crunchyroll next season, since my old excuse of slow internet is no longer an issue, and I'm spending less on manga now. My only slight annoyance with it all is the potential region locking of some shows, though I could always just download them as usual. :beard:
Any hunter x hunter fans? My brother introduced me to it and I've been hooked :tongue:

Tried watching Kill la Kill but stopped after the 5th episode..way too OTT for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Entrepreneur123
Any hunter x hunter fans? My brother introduced me to it and I've been hooked :tongue:

Tried watching Kill la Kill but stopped after the 5th episode..way too OTT for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've watched the original and I loved it. I haven't watched the 2011 version yet and I will but not sure when :biggrin:.
Reply 6537

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :biggrin: I've caught up to the airing episodes now though :tongue: hate waiting a week for each episode

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very much so. :yes: The current Chimera Ant arc is probably the best thing airing this season, in my opinion.
watched the first ep of HxH last year but couldnt get into it, gona give it another go sometime :beard:

epic ep of Chuuni :mmm: Nubutani and Dekomori ftw :woo:

need to watch that xmas OVA :woo:

Latest