The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Has anyone got an interview in March? I'm just wondering when the last interview date is. The wait from my interview in November is killing me...I really want to find out.
Reply 941
Original post by Rooroo96
Yeah don't worry! It was the exact same for me, they had no reaction to anything I was saying, just completely neutral, no nodding or smiling, it was horrible, my cousin had an interview there and she felt the same too!

That's what happened at my interview too, one smiled but the other kept a complete poker face until the interview was over...so don't worry!
Reply 942
Original post by Scarinci1
Has anyone got an interview in March? I'm just wondering when the last interview date is. The wait from my interview in November is killing me...I really want to find out.

Please do some research and just read a few posts back. This question has been asked and answered several times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueberrysro
I think they are suppose to have poker faces - well they did in my interview - don't give up hope :smile:

Oh ok that's reassuring. If I don't get in I plan to take a gap year. For those without offers what would you do if you're not successful?
Reply 944
Original post by khiahlouise
Oh ok that's reassuring. If I don't get in I plan to take a gap year. For those without offers what would you do if you're not successful?

If I don't get in this year I'm definitely going to take a gap year. I'll focus on getting my grades and then plan more work experience placements...I really want to go to Africa and volunteer if I have to take a gap year. Do you have any plans? ☺️
For those wondering about when Liverpool stop interviewing, the Departmental Supplement ( http://www.liv.ac.uk/media/livacuk/schoolofmedicine/Liverpool,Departmental,SupplFW2014b_GMG2.pdf ) states under the heading "Decision Making":
Suitable candidates are usually invited to interview between November and the end of February.

Also, in terms of post-interview offers/rejections, under the heading "Timescales":
Applicants who are called to interview for the A100 and A101 programmes cannot expect to be informed of the decision until at least the 31st March in the year following application.

Does that mean we won't be getting any post-interview decisions until 31st March then rather than "mid-end March" as others seem to be saying?
Reply 946
Original post by Rumschpringe
For those wondering about when Liverpool stop interviewing, the Departmental Supplement ( http://www.liv.ac.uk/media/livacuk/schoolofmedicine/Liverpool,Departmental,SupplFW2014b_GMG2.pdf ) states under the heading "Decision Making":

Also, in terms of post-interview offers/rejections, under the heading "Timescales":

Does that mean we won't be getting any post-interview decisions until 31st March then rather than "mid-end March" as others seem to be saying?

In the interview my interviewers expressed it as 'the end of March'. Hopefully the departmental supplement is a conservative estimate, as I really hate the wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student 1
In the interview my interviewers expressed it as 'the end of March'. Hopefully the departmental supplement is a conservative estimate, as I really hate the wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said the same to me, but I have a suspicion that we'll have to be waiting until the very last minute...
Reply 948
They said the same to me, but I have a suspicion that we'll have to be waiting until the very last minute...

I think it's just to avoid people calling repeatedly as soon as we hit March 15. Anyway, I'd rather get surprised by a decision than spend days refreshing Track trying to anticipate it. :/
Original post by Charlston
I think it's just to avoid people calling repeatedly as soon as we hit March 15. Anyway, I'd rather get surprised by a decision than spend days refreshing Track trying to anticipate it. :/

I see what you mean, but if there was a set date we wouldn't have to refresh our emails all the time, as we'll know when to expect a response haha
Reply 950
I see what you mean, but if there was a set date we wouldn't have to refresh our emails all the time, as we'll know when to expect a response haha

I think the system limitations prevent schools from releasing everything in just ONE day so they have to do them in batches over the course of a week or so. :frown: When I was waiting for my last offer, we were given a week's range that they'd send them out in and it was just pure torture. Every day I was glued to my phone from 0800 until 1700 and I'd wake up in the middle of the night in jolts thinking I had missed it. Super intense. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to go through that again just yet haha
(edited 10 years ago)
Why are some people saying they've been getting e-mails about financial aid and advertisement from Liverpool? I haven't heard anything at all from them after my interview invitation e-mail...should I be worried? :s-smilie:
Reply 952
Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal
Why are some people saying they've been getting e-mails about financial aid and advertisement from Liverpool? I haven't heard anything at all from them after my interview invitation e-mail...should I be worried? :s-smilie:

People have also explained that you can still apply for financial aid even without an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlston
People have also explained that you can still apply for financial aid even without an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh..do you mean applying for Student Finance? It's just that some people have mentioned that they were getting emails from the university about this but I haven't had any e-mail from the university. Got me worried...
Reply 954
Ohhh..do you mean applying for Student Finance? It's just that some people have mentioned that they were getting emails from the university about this but I haven't had any e-mail from the university. Got me worried...

I don't think the email was that significant it was just a reminder about applying for finance. Probably just an administration error.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student 1
I don't think the email was that significant it was just a reminder about applying for finance. Probably just an administration error.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that makes sense. I wasn't worried about not receiving those e-mails per se, more worried that this could be an indication that I'm not receiving any e-mails from Liverpool. But it's alright; I think it was probably just an administrative error like you said.
Reply 956
Ah that makes sense. I wasn't worried about not receiving those e-mails per se, more worried that this could be an indication that I'm not receiving any e-mails from Liverpool. But it's alright; I think it was probably just an administrative error like you said.

Does anyone know if medicine has a visit day for successful applicants
Reply 957
After 3 rejections in the space of a week I think I'm immune to excitement when receiving an email from a uni (still counting down the days till the 31st of march though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else just get another email about finance???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlotteallan95
Anyone else just get another email about finance???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! It won't be indicative of anything, they probably send it out to all applicants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending