The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
offers start mid March guys (around the 12th according to last year). Keep calm and....wait :smile:
Reply 2481
Original post by 2272
My interview went so badly, I mucked up two of perhaps the most important questions 'why barts' and 'why medicine' I completely blanked and gave such an unconvincing answer :frown:
Also, can't believe people are getting offers already! Doesn't seem like barts to reply that quickly :wink:

God, so did I! I came out of the interview kicking myself :/
Reply 2482
Original post by ladams
God, so did I! I came out of the interview kicking myself :/

I was kicking myself too ! Felt like I rambled way too much :// is this your first choice ? Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Example of good leader and bad leader. Don't know what they were analysing in my answers. Just kept it short and gave them a problem and how I dealt with it. :s
Reply 2484
Original post by rolo27
I was kicking myself too ! Felt like I rambled way too much :// is this your first choice ? Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I came out thinking of so much more I could've said :frown: Yeah, it yours? You too
Reply 2485
Original post by ippington
There were no students on panel on the 24th!

I had my interview on the 24th and I had a student on my panel!
Original post by 14rosana
I had my interview on the 24th and I had a student on my panel!

Ok then at 1.55 there were none :tongue: Sorry one of the girls just said there were none that day guess she was just misinformed
Reply 2487
Original post by ladams
I came out thinking of so much more I could've said :frown: Yeah, it yours? You too

Haha yeah but I guess that happens with everyone to some extent :L ! Awesome yeah me too ! One of the students told me they went for a boat cruise on the Thames for freshers haha !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2488
Original post by rolo27
Haha yeah but I guess that happens with everyone to some extent :L ! Awesome yeah me too ! One of the students told me they went for a boat cruise on the Thames for freshers haha !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess... That sounds so cool!
Reply 2489
Did anyone else not get asked why Bart's or why medicine, I literally had none of the usual questions, just weird stuff I wasn't expecting! Not even anything about my ps.
Reply 2490
Original post by Buggybear1
guys i wasc thinkin about apply here next year for med. If i have a UCAS point score of about 560 , what UKCAR roughyl wouldi need to secure an interview? around 760-780?

I applied with a ucas of 420 and UKCAT of 737.5 and I got an interview.
Reply 2491
Original post by boombamm
Got an offer from barts last night Happy :smile: dw guys mine didn't go grt but still got it

Original post by anikkt
GOT MINE YESTERDAY TOOOO!! PUMPEDD!! 3As offer :wink:

Well done to you both! When were your interviews if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by MS Miz
Well done to you both! When were your interviews if you don't mind me asking?

They're lying apparently
Reply 2493
Original post by Physicsrules23
They're lying apparently

What?!

I've had enough of this emotional roller coaster...
Original post by MS Miz
What?!

I've had enough of this emotional roller coaster...

Yeah, last year the first offers were given on the 12th March and that was just internationals and grads applying for the 5 year course. School leavers didnt hear til a few days later
Original post by rolo27

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the last event of freshers fortnight is usually a boat ball. It's pretty good fun and great end to freshers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2496
Yeah, last year the first offers were given on the 12th March and that was just internationals and grads applying for the 5 year course. School leavers didnt hear til a few days later

Got mine on 7 march so yr might prob hear earlier. That said I'm international. Gd luck peeps cya in sept
Original post by Huatah
Got mine on 7 march so yr might prob hear earlier. That said I'm international. Gd luck peeps cya in sept

How's Barts for you?
Hi all, I'm a current first year at Barts.

I remember how scared I was feeling in March last year, checking my email every five minutes to see if anything had changed.
I just wanted to remind you all to stay patient and take time to relax and calm down, even if lots of people are getting offers around you and you don't have one yet. I wound myself into a state worrying about it and it really wasn't necessary or helpful.

Barts takes a while to give out all the offers and staggers them in NO ORDER. Lots of people will get offers in the next few weeks, if you don't get one soon then don't worry yet. My offer email was on the 22nd March (by then I was planning a gap year, pointlessly) and there were still people to get offers after me.

Good luck all, and try and do things you enjoy to keep your mind off it, we all know it's not easy.
Reply 2499
How's Barts for you?

I deferred. Start this sept

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending