The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Federer wins Djokovic drops more points in the rankings while Fed gains points!
Reply 381
Original post by Roger1
Fed's best match since 2012.

First win over Nole after losing the 1st set. So proud.

Nole and Rafa are unstoppable after winning the first set so beating them from a set down is quite an achievement!:smile:
Reply 382
Original post by ubi1
Nole and Rafa are unstoppable after winning the first set so beating them from a set down is quite an achievement!:smile:

I hope he wins tomorrow. Berdych is playing well and has his number in recent matches.
Reply 383
Original post by Roger1
I hope he wins tomorrow. Berdych is playing well and has his number in recent matches.

Berdman is getting his arse kicked!:wink:
Reply 384
Nole definitely needs to do some soul searching to get his season back on track but he lost to the better player today. Federer definitely having a better season than last year already. 2014 season is shaping up like a roller coaster! :s-smilie:
Reply 385
Original post by ubi1
Berdman is getting his arse kicked!:wink:

Yeah, hopefully.
Reply 386
Original post by lizzy95
Nole definitely needs to do some soul searching to get his season back on track but he lost to the better player today. Federer definitely having a better season than last year already. 2014 season is shaping up like a roller coaster! :s-smilie:

I Still think Djokovic is winning IW and MI he still the best on hard and will win the next few tournaments!
Reply 387
Original post by ubi1
I Still think Djokovic is winning IW and MI he still the best on hard and will win the next few tournaments!

I wouldn't bet on anything this season it's all up in the air. Nole has looked great bar against the big guys and Rafa should be up a GS by now... Weird season this is turning out to be but definitely interesting
Reply 388
Fantastic Federer! What a monumental win! :biggrin:

The first time ever that he has come from behind to beat Djokovic - that is bound to be important for him mentally speaking.
Reply 389
Very well done to Federer, it's a shame i had no idea it was on this afternoon (thought it was on this evening).
Reply 390
Job not done yet, though. Berdych has been super this week
Reply 391
Original post by Krish4791
Job not done yet, though. Berdych has been super this week

To be honest i think we expect too much of Fed sometimes given his slow decline since 2010. If you'd have said last year that he would reach 2 finals and defend his SF in Australia i would have been ecstatic.
Reply 392
Original post by Rakas21
To be honest i think we expect too much of Fed sometimes given his slow decline since 2010. If you'd have said last year that he would reach 2 finals and defend his SF in Australia i would have been ecstatic.

That is true - yet having seen his best seasons in the years gone by as well, it's kind of difficult for fans like us to not expect the best from him.
He sets himself some pretty high standards
Reply 393
On the other hand, it looks like Murray still has a lot of work to do before Wimbledon and the hard court season rolls around. A W-L of 12-4 this season is fine given that he's been injured for so long, but he'll surely want to defend Miami and Wimbledon
Reply 394
Fed wins. Cmon Roger
Reply 395
Federer back in the winners circle - what a huge momentum builder this could be!
Came from a set and a break down against Berdych today :smile:
Reply 396
Federer season already better than last year. As long as he avoids Nadal, he can still win tournaments.
Reply 397
Original post by Roger1
Federer season already better than last year. As long as he avoids Nadal, he can still win tournaments.

"As long as he avoids Nadal", he might even have chances to win more Slams, dare I say it.
Reply 398
Original post by Krish4791
"As long as he avoids Nadal", he might even have chances to win more Slams, dare I say it.

Wimbledon. Why not?
Reply 399
Original post by Roger1
Wimbledon. Why not?

Of course Wimbledon :smile: Murray at 100% would probably be a very big threat there, but otherwise it is on the radar if he can maintain this level of play and confidence

Quick Reply

Latest