The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skjsy
You mean to say if some one has been interviewed then chances of getting an offer are solely on the basis of one's interview performance .They dont look at your UKCAT score any more?

Yes, According to the forum/article, Im sorry i lost the link. It said that you get scored out of 20 pre interview, anyone above 16 gets an interview and that is solely academic and according to your personal statement. However, once you get an interview you are scored out of 25, and your entrance is solely dependent on the interview, no more viewing of the application.
Original post by jellybeansonice
Yes, According to the forum/article, Im sorry i lost the link. It said that you get scored out of 20 pre interview, anyone above 16 gets an interview and that is solely academic and according to your personal statement. However, once you get an interview you are scored out of 25, and your entrance is solely dependent on the interview, no more viewing of the application.

Is this for graduate entry?
Reply 2722
When I attended the open day with my son they said if there was a tie break between two candidates that had been interviewed they would consider looking at the Situational Judgement score from the UK CAT to make a decision. They said it would be like a virtual MMI Station.
Original post by purple and gold
Is this for graduate entry?

as far as i know it applies to both.
as far as i know it applies to both.

Well on the website, it says for undergraduate they look at interview scores as well as the UCAS form, so things like the ukcat and academics can be used.
Reply 2725
Hi everyone
I would love to hear from anyone who got an invitation for interview on the latest date set by Leicester for medical applicants on13 March 2014...I still haven't heard from them at all..is it a bad sign??? Thanks
Well on the website, it says for undergraduate they look at interview scores as well as the UCAS form, so things like the ukcat and academics can be used.

I believe the academic only has value till your interview. But Im not sure how far the article i read is reliable. So you may be right too. However, the post interview rejection rate is extremely high.
I believe the academic only has value till your interview. But Im not sure how far the article i read is reliable. So you may be right too. However, the post interview rejection rate is extremely high.

I think I may be right as it's on the university website, but I also think there may be some variation between the admissions policy for undergrad and graduate. :colondollar:
Have you gotten an offer yet from Leicester? :smile:
I think I may be right as it's on the university website, but I also think there may be some variation between the admissions policy for undergrad and graduate. :colondollar:

Yes yes, I had my interview on the 18th of February and got my offer on the 25th. I applied for undergrad. What about you?
Yes yes, I had my interview on the 18th of February and got my offer on the 25th. I applied for undergrad. What about you?

Congrats !!, wow you heard back already? I had mine on the 28th of Jan and have not heard back yet. Are you an international?

I've read that article too, but it differs for undergraduate and graduates, they look at application and interview for graduates to make a decision.
Original post by petzneo
I've read that article too, but it differs for undergraduate and graduates, they look at application and interview for graduates to make a decision.

Okay, they also look at the application and interview for undergraduate.
A question: There are 350 offers, but only 160ish places.
How can everybody fit in? Does an offer NOT guarantee a place?
Original post by malik8050

Not everyone will get the grades. Unis are experienced in that they can predict the % that won't. Also people will firm other unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2734

Many offer holders don't get a place either because they haven't achieved the conditional offer or they have firmed an offer for a different university.
Reply 2735

It's because some people might firm somewhere else, and also people might not get the grades. Med school usually give out more offers than places - the less popular ones usually give out more compared to the number of places. But don't worry, an offer is an offer - if you get the grades they have to take you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2736
Hi everyone

I had my interview back in December and I still haven't heard back. Should I assume I am going to get rejected because some people here on student room have already heard back? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2737
Original post by Amberino
Hi everyone

I had my interview back in December and I still haven't heard back. Should I assume I am going to get rejected because some people here on student room have already heard back? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard back either! I wouldn't worry about it until you hear for definite, as it seems like most people still haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keeks52
I haven't heard back either! I wouldn't worry about it until you hear for definite, as it seems like most people still haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe they might have started with international applicants
Okay, they also look at the application and interview for undergraduate.

I think they do that for tie-breaker for undergraduates only..

A100: Outcome of Interviews:

"Each station will be scored and applicants will be ranked on the basis of those scores. Approximately 350 offers are expected to be made. If applicants are equally ranked following interview, the UCAS form score may be used as a tie-breaker. "

A101: Outcome of interviews:

"Each station will be weighted equally. The score for performance at interview will be combined with the UCAS application score, to generate an overall percentage score by which, applicants will be ranked."

Original post by Amberino
Hi everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what leicester is saying, you have until the 31st March to hear from them about offers, don't assume just yet :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending