The Student Room Group

UKCAT

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on any useful guides/practice booklets to help prepare for the UKCAT.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Hey -

There are a few threads already with very detailed responses, but just a summary:

- Medify is a very good website; it has various different subscription lengths so you can use as much or as little as you need. Also has timed mock exams so gives you some extra real-life practice (in addition to the ones on the UKCAT website)
- UKCAT 600 is a very good idea as it has the most practice questions in it (which is what the UKCAT is really about) - on that note, any book with lots of questions is good.
- I personally also used the UKCAT for Dummies and Kaplan books which I did find (in general) useful for "hints and tips" on techniques and the structure of the exam etc.

In general, the main way to do well in the UKCAT is to do as much practice as you can. For many people the major issue is the timing (which was a serious issue for me - particularly in the QR section) so getting used to that will give you a great advantage. Once you're familiar with the structure (which can be done just online by going through resources or by getting a starter book like UKCAT for Dummies) all you need is a whole load of questions that you can run through.

Good luck with it :smile:
Reply 2
Hey that's brilliant thank you very much for your help! Yes timing is definitely an issue for me too! Will just have to keep practicing :smile:

Original post by jam-jam
Hey -

There are a few threads already with very detailed responses, but just a summary:

- Medify is a very good website; it has various different subscription lengths so you can use as much or as little as you need. Also has timed mock exams so gives you some extra real-life practice (in addition to the ones on the UKCAT website)
- UKCAT 600 is a very good idea as it has the most practice questions in it (which is what the UKCAT is really about) - on that note, any book with lots of questions is good.
- I personally also used the UKCAT for Dummies and Kaplan books which I did find (in general) useful for "hints and tips" on techniques and the structure of the exam etc.

In general, the main way to do well in the UKCAT is to do as much practice as you can. For many people the major issue is the timing (which was a serious issue for me - particularly in the QR section) so getting used to that will give you a great advantage. Once you're familiar with the structure (which can be done just online by going through resources or by getting a starter book like UKCAT for Dummies) all you need is a whole load of questions that you can run through.

Good luck with it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending