The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Affliction
Failing to get into medicine in the uk is certainly not failing life, stay positive - you still have plenty of options available! Would you not consider going abroad or taking the graduate route?

Posted from TSR Mobile

THATS IT!

you'r a Genius:biggrin:
Reply 4001
Original post by Mohid Khan
officially FAILED at life :mad2:

mate it's a setback but it's not a failure. Likelyhood is you're a very highly motivated and intelligent person - it's gotten you this far, helped you achieve at A-levels and even though its frustrating that it hasn't gotten you into medicine at this point, if you really want it it will work out.

I'm still waiting but i'm considering my options if things don't turn out how I would like. Than what is a few years to achieve other things.. things that on a straight set path into medicine wouldn't have been achievable.
thanks guys,

Do they teach medicine in english in Bulgaria?
thanks guys,

Yes, check out Pleven Medical university
thanks guys,

yeah they do, im thinking of applying there, and also a friend of mine got into plymouth med school last year through clearing so it could happen again this year:smile:
Original post by XingBairong
OK that does make it very very tricky. Any special circumstances?

nope, no special circumstances, but thanks for trying anyway, ill probably go abroad if i can't find an alternative im happy with in the UK:redface:
Original post by minhle20
Do you mean for medicine courses or different courses?

If you meant medicine courses, there are no medicine courses (to my knowledge) that go into clearing

Does that mean there is no Extra either?

I'm not sure about that one sorry

"Remember however that not all courses will come up in Extra - medicine and dentistry are good examples of those that never do"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/ucas_extra

Medicine is one of the course that's so competitive. The amount of applications each medical school are receiving is already overwhelming. There are also those on the waiting list. Therefore it won't be in extra or clearing.
Original post by XingBairong
"Remember however that not all courses will come up in Extra - medicine and dentistry are good examples of those that never do"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/ucas_extra

Medicine is one of the course that's so competitive. The amount of applications each medical school are receiving is already overwhelming. There are also those on the waiting list. Therefore it won't be in extra or clearing.

Who are the people in waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's just take a minute to go wild for the fact I've bought a ps3 and am super excited !
Who are the people in waiting list?

The waiting list is for people who have been interviewed and scored borderline of the offer mark. i.e they are the next people the uni will give offers to if they need to give out more offers for whatever reason.

I was placed on the waiting list last year for Barts

Hope that made sense.
Original post by ameelia22
Let's just take a minute to go wild for the fact I've bought a ps3 and am super excited !

Congrats! :biggrin: What games do you have?
Reply 4013
Original post by ameelia22

Uncharted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4014
boom might be earning crumbs apparently compared to people on here but i got myself one o' those ps4 machines + two count it two games
Reply 4015
the last of us was an awesome game tho if you get the chance
I've got 4 rejections (first time) but hopefully going to reapply this year.
If I get AAA or higher do you think this will give me full mark in academic criteria marking and they will not really look at GCSE's?
Original post by oreilly96
I've got 4 rejections (first time) but hopefully going to reapply this year.
If I get AAA or higher do you think this will give me full mark in academic criteria marking and they will not really look at GCSE's?

Sorry to hear about those!
It depends where you apply. If I were you, I'd ignore the really GCSE-heavy places (e.g. king's), try really hard to get an amazing UKCAT and apply to the medschools that love UKCAT. But getting AAA (or higher) will definitely make you eligible to apply for medical school :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by minhle20
Congrats! :biggrin: What games do you have?

Currently playing the last of us, GTA V (THIS IS SO HARD) and I bought far cry 2 but i'm not that impressed thus far :s-smilie:
Reply 4019
Anyone on a 2nd gap year or planning on taking one if this year doesnt go well?
I kinda want to but this years been a real struggle socially so far, and next year most of my friends that are still around will be off to uni, just makes me wonder if its worth it...any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending