The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi, looking to do my EPQ on human trafficking as I am planning to do human geography at uni, I have been told by my teacher that a "to what extent" question is preferable can anyone think of a question which would fit this structure as I am struggling to come up with one myself. Thanks :smile:
Original post by j1997
Hi, looking to do my EPQ on human trafficking as I am planning to do human geography at uni, I have been told by my teacher that a "to what extent" question is preferable can anyone think of a question which would fit this structure as I am struggling to come up with one myself. Thanks :smile:

to what extent does human trafficking affect modern society and how it exists within it
Reply 4822
Does anyone know if tables and titles are included in the word count? Thanks!
guys I still need more people to do my survey so please:

Original post by flou_fboco2
hello please do my survey
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7V8GVXK
:h: thanx
Original post by PalomaQM
Does anyone know if tables and titles are included in the word count? Thanks!

Im not sure but i know bibliography is not included in the word count
Im not sure but i know bibliography is not included in the word count

Don't take this as gospel but I was told that quotes don't count, it's only your own words!
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Don't take this as gospel but I was told that quotes don't count, it's only your own words!

ohh right i see :smile:
btw why are you always shouting?
ohh right i see :smile:
btw why are you always shouting?

I'm just a very exclamative person, haha.
I'm just a very exclamative person, haha.

lol alrighty
Reply 4829
I'm doing my presentation on friday! :frown: any tips/advice for getting a high mark in it?
Reply 4830
Original post by joeymr
I'm doing my presentation on friday! :frown: any tips/advice for getting a high mark in it?

Make sure you've looked at the mark scheme for whichever exam board you are on, and that you hit each of the criteria. As long as you speak clearly, fluently and try to engage your audience at least once (e.g. ask your audience a question, or start with a hands up activity), you should be fine. Make sure you are prepared for questions, you're marked on that too - though if your supervisor agrees, you can prepare who will ask what beforehand! :smile:
Reply 4831
Original post by joeymr

Prepare an answer (or several) to a question and ask a mate if they could ask that specific question.
Original post by Jkizer
Prepare an answer (or several) to a question and ask a mate if they could ask that specific question.

I really would nt suggest doing that, an answer needs to be natural!
It has said the EPQ would be offered, but from my friends I hear my school intends to do it over the summer :lolwut: Is it too late for a school to start it now?
Reply 4834
Original post by Jkizer

Thanks- I will probably do this as it has been recommended to me by my EPQ supervisor!

Yeah I understand what you mean- I certainly will not script an answer to the question as i agree it should sound natural. I'll just ask some people to ask me certain questions so that I know what to expect and I'm not caught off guard by some amazingly difficult question :colondollar:
Reply 4835
Original post by BWCW
Make sure you've looked at the mark scheme for whichever exam board you are on, and that you hit each of the criteria. As long as you speak clearly, fluently and try to engage your audience at least once (e.g. ask your audience a question, or start with a hands up activity), you should be fine. Make sure you are prepared for questions, you're marked on that too - though if your supervisor agrees, you can prepare who will ask what beforehand! :smile:

Thanks mate, sound advice! Yeah haha I will be sure to incorporate some good old fashioned audience participation :cool:
Reply 4836

Speak slowly and add a few pauses. Basic acting.
Didnt stop half my class getting high marks by our supervisor.
(edited 10 years ago)
Did my practice presentation today. Think I put everyone to sleep but my supervisor thought it was great!
Original post by Ilhajxichjabv
Did my practice presentation today. Think I put everyone to sleep but my supervisor thought it was great!

what makes you say that?
that's good though your supervisor is the one that gives you grades anyway.

:h:
what makes you say that?
that's good though your supervisor is the one that gives you grades anyway.

:h:

Thanks! It's just that at the start of the presentation everyone was very attentive but then I started talking about biology and everyone started slouching and looking really confused.:smile: I personally thought it went really well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending