NightStalker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
When writing a 12 mark essay, how many pieces of research should you include, and should research be used as part of the outline or as an evaluative point?
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
smozsolution
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is your name anything to do with the serial killer Richard Ramirez? Just wondering.

Also, I'd usually use at least 2 studies in my outlining of a 12 mark question, maybe even 3 if 2 are not detailed enough to get the full 6 marks.

For the evaluative, research can be used here as well as in the outlining. E.g, if you've mentioned one study in the outlining you can say "A study that supports the findings of X is Y..." in the evaluative.

Hope that makes some sense
NightStalker
Rep:
?
(Original post by smozsolution)
Is your name anything to do with the serial killer Richard Ramirez? Just wondering.

Also, I'd usually use at least 2 studies in my outlining of a 12 mark question, maybe even 3 if 2 are not detailed enough to get the full 6 marks.

For the evaluative, research can be used here as well as in the outlining. E.g, if you've mentioned one study in the outlining you can say "A study that supports the findings of X is Y..." in the evaluative.

Hope that makes some sense
Yeah that made sense, except on AQA it's 4 marks outline, 8 evaluate.
Thank you very much!
Yes, it is about Richard Ramirez.
smozsolution
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NightStalker)
Yeah that made sense, except on AQA it's 4 marks outline, 8 evaluate.
Thank you very much!
Yes, it is about Richard Ramirez.
I'm on AQA and for AS I've been told it's 6 marks for each, which is what we have been taught for every essay and usually in the mark schemes it's 6 AO1 and 6 marks AO2 :confused:
NightStalker
Rep:
?
(Original post by smozsolution)
I'm on AQA and for AS I've been told it's 6 marks for each, which is what we have been taught for every essay and usually in the mark schemes it's 6 AO1 and 6 marks AO2 :confused:
Must change for A2, can't even remember doing 12 makers at AS which isn't a good thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads