The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2740
Original post by petzneo
I think they do that for tie-breaker for undergraduates only..

A100: Outcome of Interviews:

"Each station will be scored and applicants will be ranked on the basis of those scores. Approximately 350 offers are expected to be made. If applicants are equally ranked following interview, the UCAS form score may be used as a tie-breaker. "

A101: Outcome of interviews:

"Each station will be weighted equally. The score for performance at interview will be combined with the UCAS application score, to generate an overall percentage score by which, applicants will be ranked."

From what leicester is saying, you have until the 31st March to hear from them about offers, don't assume just yet :smile:

The current A100 selection procedure states this:

After the interview the selectors will examine the UCAS forms and interview reports. On the basis of a thorough consideration of these, one of three decisions will be made
Original post by Dr Gin

After the interview the selectors will examine the UCAS forms and interview reports. On the basis of a thorough consideration of these, one of three decisions will be made

I see, thank you!
Original post by Dr Gin

That's what I read on their website recently. I think they may have changed it. Best of luck to everybody, hope you hear back with good news. :biggrin:
To any current Leicester students:

What format are the exams done in at LMS, multiple choice, short written or essays? Also how many exam seasons are there in a year? :smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedicalMike
To any current Leicester students:

What format are the exams done in at LMS, multiple choice, short written or essays? Also how many exam seasons are there in a year? :smile:

Thanks!

Two exams after each Semester (so two sets per academic year):

1 Short Answer Question Paper (SAQ) worth 120 marks (short written basically)

1 Single Best Answer Paper (SBA's) worth 50 marks (5 correct answers given, choose the most appropriate)
Original post by fallenangel
Two exams after each Semester (so two sets per academic year):

1 Short Answer Question Paper (SAQ) worth 120 marks (short written basically)

1 Single Best Answer Paper (SBA's) worth 50 marks (5 correct answers given, choose the most appropriate)

Brilliant, thank you very much for the quick and concise response!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2746
I just don't understand how hardly anyone (from what we can tell on TSR) has heard anything about the new interview date!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2747
Original post by picnmix
I just don't understand how hardly anyone (from what we can tell on TSR) has heard anything about the new interview date!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, for my interview in december I only saw 3 or 4 people on tsr with the same date as me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2748
Original post by picnmix

In fact I called them earlier today and asked them about the 13 March new set date.. They said all invitations have now been sent and those, like me, who haven't heard as yet can simply expect rejection...Very strange way of dealing with applications.. You don't hear from them in over four and half months..and now know you are rejected though not officially yet..
Reply 2749
[QUOTE="Dralya;46608523"]
Original post by picnmix

In fact I called them earlier today and asked them about the 13 March new set date.. They said all invitations have now been sent and those, like me, who haven't heard as yet can simply expect rejection...Very strange way of dealing with applications.. You don't hear from them in over four and half months..and now know you are rejected though not officially yet..

Great. FRICKIN great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2750
Original post by picnmix

This is just ridiculous. I'm like the only 58 not to get an interview. I could understand if they were looking at my ps but i've just given up hope now :frown:
Reply 2751
Original post by picnmix

Is this regarding undergraduate or graduate entry?

Sorry I think I misunderstood, this is regarding people who have not yet been invited for interview?

Out of interest, has anyone who has been interviewed for graduate entry received an offer yet? I know people were thinking we might hear back by now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2752
[QUOTE="Zael89;46611240"]
Original post by Dralya

Is this regarding undergraduate or graduate entry?

Sorry I think I misunderstood, this is regarding people who have not yet been invited for interview?

Out of interest, has anyone who has been interviewed for graduate entry received an offer yet? I know people were thinking we might hear back by now.

AFAIK nobody has posted that they've received a gem offer yet. I've been avidly checking as I'd hoped we would have heard by now!
[QUOTE="LiSpi;46612186"]
Original post by Zael89

AFAIK nobody has posted that they've received a gem offer yet. I've been avidly checking as I'd hoped we would have heard by now!

If it is true about all the March interviews being given out then they might start looking at the january interviews soon :smile:
Reply 2754
[QUOTE="petzneo;46612723"]
Original post by LiSpi

If it is true about all the March interviews being given out then they might start looking at the january interviews soon :smile:

No offense, as a January interviewee waiting to hear as well I get what you're saying, but that came across as a little cold. To the people on here hoping for a March interview I mean.
[QUOTE="Adam657;46613900"]
Original post by petzneo

No offense, as a January interviewee waiting to hear as well I get what you're saying, but that came across as a little cold. To the people on here hoping for a March interview I mean.

I see where you are coming from, but please note that my remark is simply a remark. I do want my fellow TSRians to do well and get interviews as well as offers, but I doubt very much that I truly upset anyone through what I said. And I am just reiterating a point already made by a fellow user about the March Interviews.

If users actually got upset by what I said, well I give my apologises - i wasn't intending to say it like that. I blame the bad weather, work (trust me, pharmacy life is crappy) and this constant waiting for leicester. :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Goodbye Leicester, second time applying to them and no luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
I managed to call up Leicester yesterday asking whether all of the interviews for the 13th March have been given out. The lady on the phone told me they have all been sent out :frown:

I guess it's goodbye medical school for me this year. Desperately wanted to study medicine, to the point where I'm considering a second gap year! :confused:
Reply 2758
Awwh, that's a shame :frown: I was really rooting for you. I read so many of your posts desperately wanting a chance to study medicine. I can't say much that's going to make you feel better but one thing ill say is try and improve your Ukcat score and get a job in healthcare, that always favours well with universities.

Don't be too down on yourself, you'll eventually get a place. If I could I would have given you one of my interviews. Just stay determined and keep positive you'll get a chance to make your dream.

I hope you have better luck next year :smile: x
Reply 2759
Original post by Avec_Amour
I managed to call up Leicester yesterday asking whether all of the interviews for the 13th March have been given out. The lady on the phone told me they have all been sent out :frown:

I guess it's goodbye medical school for me this year. Desperately wanted to study medicine, to the point where I'm considering a second gap year! :confused:

There are lots of us rooting for you here. Anyway, imagine how much nicer Leicester Med School will be in 2015 with that lovely new building? You know what they say, third time lucky...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending