The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4020
Original post by oreilly96
I've got 4 rejections (first time) but hopefully going to reapply this year.
If I get AAA or higher do you think this will give me full mark in academic criteria marking and they will not really look at GCSE's?

What are you planning on doing in the gap year while you reapply? Did you get interviews for your chosen Uni's?
Reply 4021
Original post by ameelia22
Currently playing the last of us, GTA V (THIS IS SO HARD) and I bought far cry 2 but i'm not that impressed thus far :s-smilie:

Nice! You have to get uncharted 2 and 3!

If your interested in shooting then Killzone3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4022
Original post by richtea5
boom might be earning crumbs apparently compared to people on here but i got myself one o' those ps4 machines + two count it two games

Which games? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4023
Original post by Mohid Khan
Who are the people in waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

People they've interview but were not quite good enough to get an offer
Original post by Kimina
People they've interview but were not quite good enough to get an offer

right, thanks
did anyone here get rejected the 2nd time round?
Reply 4026

hehe battlefield and killzone! not much variety mind bout 50 pounds a game tho
Original post by ameelia22
Let's just take a minute to go wild for the fact I've bought a ps3 and am super excited !

Wow, hope that ps3 increases your hand to eye coordination. Have you got battlefield 4? Black ops 2 is also good :smile:

Battlefield 4 is good, assassins creed black flag is boring...
Interview at Manchester on Wednesday, starting to feel the nerves! I spoke to some Manc med students at work last week though and they were really nice and put me at ease a bit. Should hopefully hear the result from Dundee's interview too this week. Well whatever happens I've got a week of annual leave next week :biggrin:

:facepalm: Get em pre-owned man! For £25 I got the last of us, gta v and far cry 2 (and yes, I am going to pretend my outrageous / skanky flirting had nothing to do with it).
This year is the first year without January exams at AS/A2 Level, meaning no A2 resits. Do you guys think that because of this, more people will miss their offers this year (not meaning to sound horrible and cold or anything, I hope that anyone with an offer does well enough to make it), and there's more of a chance of people on the waiting list being offered places? Or do you think that universities are just making a few more offers to compensate? Or, do you think that seeing as some universities in the past have had "too many" people making their offer grades and getting in, resulting in the year group being too big, that universities won't alter the number of offers at all?
Just curious is all, it seems quite interesting. :smile:
Original post by PocketMerlin
This year is the first year without January exams at AS/A2 Level, meaning no A2 resits. Do you guys think that because of this, more people will miss their offers this year (not meaning to sound horrible and cold or anything, I hope that anyone with an offer does well enough to make it), and there's more of a chance of people on the waiting list being offered places? Or do you think that universities are just making a few more offers to compensate? Or, do you think that seeing as some universities in the past have had "too many" people making their offer grades and getting in, resulting in the year group being too big, that universities won't alter the number of offers at all?
Just curious is all, it seems quite interesting. :smile:

You've mentioned a possible change to number of offers / places etc, but what about changes to grade boundaries If less people are managing to attain the top marks in some papers, (be it because of resits or not) could the grade boundaries will reflect this? As a result, may be very little will change?
Original post by Mohid Khan
did anyone here get rejected the 2nd time round?

This option would only apply if you're an international student who is faced with 4 rejections.....or you're a filthy rich British dude.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by frogs r everywhere
During my random usual procrastination (which is rather prevalent amongst GAP yahs students), I just came across this new UK medical school that will be opening up and taking in their first student intake for 2014 entry. You only need AAB at A-levels to be considered. The deadline is the 28th March 2014, and you will need to apply directly through their university- that is the The University of Central Lancashire or conveniently abbreviated to UCLan? Interesting. This may be an option for all those facing 4 rejections for the second time round. But hurry up as the deadline is looming.

The website has been provided below:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bachelor_medicine_bachelor_surgery.php?utm_source=Complete%20Uni%20Guide&utm_medium=300x600%20MPU&utm_campaign=Med%20School

Dat fee though---> "The standard fee for all students shall be 35,000 GBP per year "
Original post by _sparks
Dat fee though---> "The standard fee for all students shall be 35,000 GBP per year "

Goodness gracious...Oh well, if your papa has the cash.
Original post by _sparks

That's about the same as full-time boarding schools?
I read a while back that the uk will have it's first private medical school as well in Melton Keynes very soon :smile:
Medicine is slowly becoming something you can buy your way into.

Disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by letsbehonest
Medicine is slowly becoming something you can buy your way into.

Disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending