The Student Room Group

What to revise for English GCSE? want to know more about IGCSE

my teacher told me to revise n revise i don't know what to revise for English. i find English soo difficult and my grade is *D* and the teacher thinks that i would not be able to get C in Edexcel English language, English Literature but in addition they also want me to do IGCSE. i don't have a clue about that only-thing i know is that there will be three exams reading, writing, and Speaking. I have only done speaking and i got C grade which was oh right . i want to know Is IGCSE is same thing as Edexcel English GCSE. and when i go to college will it be count same as Edexcel.

thank you
I did IGCSE English as first language but I only had two papers? So I am guessing you are talking about doing IGCSE English as second language.
Do you want me to tell you the paper structure? It's a fairly easy subject, you just have to work on your writing by doing past papers.
Reply 2
Original post by shopoholic
I did IGCSE English as first language but I only had two papers? So I am guessing you are talking about doing IGCSE English as second language.
Do you want me to tell you the paper structure? It's a fairly easy subject, you just have to work on your writing by doing past papers.

yes please :biggrin:
Original post by TAREQ003
yes please :biggrin:

English as first language? That's the one I did. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by shopoholic
English as first language? That's the one I did. :smile:

i don't which one i am doing :confused:
Original post by TAREQ003
i don't which one i am doing :confused:

Okay, I will tell you about the first language papers. You can find past papers online so if you are doing second language (which you most probably since there are speaking and listening tests) just type IGCSE English second language June (or October) 2012 or any other year in Google :smile:
I did Extended so here is the paper structure:
Paper 1 - Two sections. In section A, I was given a passage and then asked about 5 questions about it. The last one (or the last two) was worth 8 marks I believe so you had to write about 8 lines. Section B was creative writing. You are given a topic and are expected to write 250-300 words. The duration of this paper is 2 hours I think.
Paper 2 - There is only section in this one I think and you are expected to write an essay on a given topic.

I should also tell you that I did my IGCSE exams almost 3 years ago so the syllabus might have changed. Here is the link to find past papers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest