The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Finance Entry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
How representative is this thread, what do you think? I counted 5-6 offers here. How many more that are not active have realisitcally received an offer?
Reply 61
Original post by makesure
How representative is this thread, what do you think? I counted 5-6 offers here. How many more that are not active have realisitcally received an offer?

Count the number of applicants here, then compare it to..I think they usually get about 700-800 applicants. Someone mentioned they've upped the intake to 50 I think? So they'll probably make close to 100 offers. Typically half of those offered don't take up the offers, mainly because they can't get funding,sometimes to take up another offer or job offer instead.
Reply 62
Original post by sj27
Count the number of applicants here, then compare it to..I think they usually get about 700-800 applicants. Someone mentioned they've upped the intake to 50 I think? So they'll probably make close to 100 offers. Typically half of those offered don't take up the offers, mainly because they can't get funding,sometimes to take up another offer or job offer instead.

Quite a lot of offers given that just that 5-6 people mentioned an offer here in the thread. Do you think that they give out the majority of the offers after the deadline?
Reply 63
Quite a lot of offers given that just that 5-6 people mentioned an offer here in the thread. Do you think that they give out the majority of the offers after the deadline?

According to their website and judging by last year's thread, yes.
Reply 64
Original post by sj27
According to their website and judging by last year's thread, yes.

Then let's hope for the best!
Reply 65
just to let you know, today some offers have gone out.
Reply 66
how did u know that?
Reply 67
Original post by teddyyuan
how did u know that?

I think you can guess, mate.
Reply 68
Original post by astroturf
I think you can guess, mate.

Not really. Class mates ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Not really. Class mates ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer yesterday.
Reply 70

Didn't you apply in early December? It is very strange that they are not going through the apps in chronological order. Some people that applied ealry January got an offer before you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Didn't you apply in early December? It is very strange that they are not going through the apps in chronological order. Some people that applied ealry January got an offer before you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got no idea.

Also, my status changed directly to conditional offer (or maybe it changed fast enough that I did not notice)
Reply 72

Hi buddy,

Do you mind sharing your profile please?

Many thanks.
Reply 73
Original post by casusa
Congratulations! :smile: Have you decided where you are going?

thanks
most likely LSE but I'm waiting to see if I get funding somewhere!
Reply 74
thanks
most likely LSE but I'm waiting to see if I get funding somewhere!

Are there any lse finance and economics specific scholarships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Are there any lse finance and economics specific scholarships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not really, they go by nationality and there aren't any for mine.

there is the graduate award thing, will see.

If I get a scholarship for cambridge it will be an annoying situation to be in: better course at LSE but £30K more expensive!
Reply 76
not really, they go by nationality and there aren't any for mine.

there is the graduate award thing, will see.

If I get a scholarship for cambridge it will be an annoying situation to be in: better course at LSE but £30K more expensive!

Same problem for me. Do you have to apply for the graduate award separately ? When do you hear back about the award?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
I asked about the expected number of students this year and this is the official answer:

"The number of places we are able to offer is subject to change by the University each year, it may be that the statistics you have seen may be referring to different years. For the 2014-15 year we will have 30 places available."

So there should not be a steep increase as someone here has suggested before.
Reply 78
Original post by ony92
I asked about the expected number of students this year and this is the official answer:

"The number of places we are able to offer is subject to change by the University each year, it may be that the statistics you have seen may be referring to different years. For the 2014-15 year we will have 30 places available."

So there should not be a steep increase as someone here has suggested before.

Pretty bad odds then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Same problem for me. Do you have to apply for the graduate award separately ? When do you hear back about the award?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no I think it's all the same application,
have you got Fin and econ offer too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending