The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ritabee
I have no idea honestly...I'd imagine all applicants have to do interviews...not quite sure!

Yeah I think so too, let's see now. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 141
Anyone has an offer for MSc Neuroscience? :smile:
Reply 142
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way that one could ask UCL to speed up the decision process. I am currently on week 3 of waiting, so I understand that I have approximately another 3 weeks of waiting. However, I have to reply back to Trinity College Dublin on 24 March, and I don't think that there is a way that I can ask for an extension. Any advice on what I should/could do?
Reply 143
Original post by madaec11
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way that one could ask UCL to speed up the decision process. I am currently on week 3 of waiting, so I understand that I have approximately another 3 weeks of waiting. However, I have to reply back to Trinity College Dublin on 24 March, and I don't think that there is a way that I can ask for an extension. Any advice on what I should/could do?

They won't speed up their decision. If you're lucky they'll get back to you before the quoted 6 weeks. I received my offer after 14 business days and I sent my application in on the 6th of January. In the worst case scenario you could always accept TCD offer and reject it later if you get an offer from UCL (if that's what you're planning to do). That's assuming that they won't require a deposit when an offer has been accepted.
Reply 144
Any Law PhD applicants? I applied at the end of January, and no decision yet...
Reply 145
Any Law PhD applicants? I applied at the end of January and haven't heard from UCL yet.
My boyfriend applied for MSc Economics at UCL last week (a couple of days before the final deadline) and he was wondering how long it took for people to hear back? He's worried that since he applied late he won't have a fair chance... Is it first come first serve or do they make offers in batches? He's also still waiting for his second reference, will the application not be considered until both are received? Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pharris925
My boyfriend applied for MSc Economics at UCL last week (a couple of days before the final deadline) and he was wondering how long it took for people to hear back? He's worried that since he applied late he won't have a fair chance... Is it first come first serve or do they make offers in batches? He's also still waiting for his second reference, will the application not be considered until both are received? Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid that if your references aren't ready, you're application is not active. So, if the deadline has already pass I think the application is not viable. Tell him to check this with a mail. And luck!
Thanks for your reply, he contacted the department before he sent the application and they said that the deadline was for the application, not the references. If that's not true then their email was very misleading...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Original post by dunworry91
Has anyone successfully applied for Environment, Science and Society? I am on the verge of submitting my application but WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE AN EXCELLENT STATEMENT! I am writing this from Canada and it is -25 degrees outside right now -- can't be here next year. Any practical advice would be much appreciated!!

I applied for this course and got an offer last week :smile: I am absolutely chuffed. As for the statement, it took me quite a while to get it ready. I wrote and rewrote it too many times and my partner told me that it won't help if I keep copying and pasting and I should just send it off and wait and see. I hope you get an offer too and maybe we'll meet in September :wink:
Reply 150
Has anyone heard back from any of the psychology-related MSc programs? ...It's way past 6 weeks at this point and the wait is killing me!
Reply 151
Original post by supriyajoshi
Yeah I think so too, let's see now. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Lebanon. You? (STILL haven't heard back!!) dying.
Reply 152
Anyone knows if they interview people applying to the 1+3 programme (political science department)? I know they do an interview to discuss the PhD applications, but I'm not sure about 1+3, since you could discuss the proposal thoughout the M-year before doing the official application for the PhD.

By the way, I already got the conditional offer for the MSc.
Anyone have an opinion on the appropriate time to wait before reminding a referee to upload?

(I asked my prof to be my referee last september, but due to sorting out funding/changing course decisions - my general anxiousness - applied on Sunday. Emailed my prof a week ago to expect an email from UCL in the next few days).

1 week? 2 weeks? I know a few years ago people had problems with the emails not being sent out, but now you can just 'resend' the email.
waiting to hear back from my interview and I feel like I am dying of stress.
Reply 155
Original post by Always.Inbetween
Anyone have an opinion on the appropriate time to wait before reminding a referee to upload?

(I asked my prof to be my referee last september, but due to sorting out funding/changing course decisions - my general anxiousness - applied on Sunday. Emailed my prof a week ago to expect an email from UCL in the next few days).

1 week? 2 weeks? I know a few years ago people had problems with the emails not being sent out, but now you can just 'resend' the email.

If you asked your referee last week to expect an email from UCL, then email him again tomorrow asking whether he has received an email from UCL.

My friend's application was delayed almost a month because his referee simply forgot and my friend didn't want to remind him.
Original post by oli92
If you asked your referee last week to expect an email from UCL, then email him again tomorrow asking whether he has received an email from UCL.

My friend's application was delayed almost a month because his referee simply forgot and my friend didn't want to remind him.

Thanks - and yep that's exactly the trap of politeness I'm trying not to fall into!
Reply 157
Original post by as437
Has anyone heard back from any of the psychology-related MSc programs? ...It's way past 6 weeks at this point and the wait is killing me!

got an offer after 2 weeks in january
Original post by Ritabee
I'm from Lebanon. You? (STILL haven't heard back!!) dying.

Wow! I'm from India! Same here, still nothing! I've literally been checking the portal a thousand times a day now.
Reply 159
Original post by nunugab
got an offer after 2 weeks in january

Congrats! :smile: What program was it for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending