The Student Room Group

Why PE Sucks

Oh my God, I hate PE! I'm glad I don't do it anymore because I'm just so @#&$ing sick of having to waste time wearing myself to a half-dead bellows after a useless time-waster! I constantly had to kill myself running and jumping over bars, as if it will change my future like other subjects will. Well, it won't! And why do I have to do a @#&$ing ridiculous test on what positions require what to do?! For crying out @#&$ing loud, do I need that crap?! It doesn't change my knowledge, so do you idiots call this @#&$ing education, huh? Education is meant to get good from students. Does PE do that? No! PE makes everyone believe that body power is more important than intellect. There is no greater social downfall. And what good do you get from professional sports?! When you watch your local team win, say, the Superbowl, you see several @#&$ing idiots who, thanks to PE, have been brainwashed into thinking that chasing a fat man with a ball is a better thing to do than proving string theory, which will change the world, as opposed to what they're doing. And imagine what we would have accomplished if we were not held back like this. Those who like sports hold back the development of our world, and that makes me sick!
Thanks for letting me let this out. If you agree, you are awesome.

Scroll to see replies

Amen
Reply 2
More often than not I never did PE. I hate team sports, I prefer individual ones like aerobics or trampolining.

People are more than capable of having a good routine of exercise themselves.

It was just an excuse for bullying and power games for teachers.
Reply 3
A future sportsman probably thinks the same about Science or any other subject to be honest. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

In fact, it's vitally important. Too many children/teenagers are lazy and overweight these days and in my opinion Physical Education and Sport should be compulsory in all schools.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ryan9900
A future sportsman probably thinks the same about Science or any other subject to be honest. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

In fact, it's vitally important. Too many children/teenagers are lazy and overweight these days and in my opinion Physical Education and Sport should be compulsory in all schools.

Yeah, you can't force people to be a certain body shape.
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
Education is meant to get good from students.

Dat Grammar.

On a separate note: NERD
Reply 6
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Yeah, you can't force people to be a certain body shape.

But you can positively affect their chances of not being overweight. Kids don't even know what exercise is any more. It's quite sad to be honest.
Original post by angrydanmarin
Dat Grammar.

On a separate note: NERD

Oh, gee, thanks. I've never been so touched.
Reply 8
In other words.. You're a fat mess?
Reply 9
Is this a troll or a genuine comment?

Im mainly asking this because if the OP meant for it to be a serious topic of conversation I would hope ensuring correct grammar on a piece of writing stating intellectual education is more important then physical would of been a priority?
Original post by FireDwarf
Is this a troll or a genuine comment?

Its a troll

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-boring-subjects-in-school/

you can tell by the American dialect (who the **** watches the superbowl? :colonhash:)
Original post by little_tom
Its a troll

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-boring-subjects-in-school/

you can tell by the American dialect (who the **** watches the superbowl? :colonhash:)

I happen to have written that in the first place. And the superbowl is simply an example. Proof? Hack me.
ITT: fatties
Reply 13
Original post by ryan9900
But you can positively affect their chances of not being overweight. Kids don't even know what exercise is any more. It's quite sad to be honest.

They should be told what it is and why it's important, but let them make their own minds up about it
Reply 14
Original post by manchesterunited15
ITT: fatties

I'm not fat, I go to the gym
I'm not fat, I go to the gym

Doesn't prove anything

Reply 16
Original post by manchesterunited15
Doesn't prove anything

At least he's trying to do something about his weight so he's no longer a 'fatty'.

How are Man Poo doing btw?
Reply 17
They should be told what it is and why it's important, but let them make their own minds up about it

Fair enough. I'm quite enthusiastic about it though as it was a positive experience for me. I understand for some people that it's not but that doesn't give them the right to say it's a waste of time and everyone who enjoys it is an idiot or something along those lines.

I didn't like many sports at all, but we did one hour of circuit training every week (for those who took it as a GCSE) and I absolutely loved it. I wasn't even fit or big on exercise but it was the only subject where you got to see visible signs of improvement and it felt rewarding. We also got to go to primary schools and instruct their PE lessons which was also extremely rewarding. It definitely has positives and as I said, just because somebody has a bad experience doesn't mean they have the right to slate the subject in question and insult people who enjoy it.
At least he's trying to do something about his weight so he's no longer a 'fatty'.

How are Man Poo doing btw?

I know he is, and fair play to him. But he's still fat so he is still a fatty.

Not bad, champions of England :manutd:
I hated exercise as a kid, was extremely sedentary and became overweight in my early teens-consequently didn't really enjoy PE until the last couple of years when I'd started lifting and playing rugby.

From that perspective, and as someone who really enjoys exercise now, I think it's really sad that so many people, including myself previously, feel this way and I wish I could have been able to appreciate PE earlier than I did. A life without physical exercise (esp. if you are of able body) is a life half-lived IMO
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest