The Student Room Group

US Sutton Trust Programme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Regenerated
I think they've pretty much notified everyone who got on the programme now. My friend got chosen and says that there's 160+ people in the FB group plus many people who got chosen aren't in there yet. I am beyond gutted... going to the US means so much to me and it sucks that I couldn't demonstrate my passion adequately. Onwards and upwards.
I've had a look at the Facebook group and not all of the people are going, some are just random people so I'm going to keep hoping
Original post by qwertyuiop1997
I've had a look at the Facebook group and not all of the people are going, some are just random people so I'm going to keep hoping

Apparently it's made up of people who have confirmed their places?

Oh well we can just keep our fingers crossed!
I'm pretty certain I haven't gotten in, there's about 160+ people on the Facebook group already. I assume the remaining 40 or so haven't been found on Facebook. Oh well. It was worth a shot! I'm still applying to the states anyway but it would have been an awesome experience to see all the college campuses beforehand.

Guess it's time to get some SAT revision books; if I do get that magic email I would be extremely grateful. Otherwise, time to hit them books, y'all!
Original post by Regenerated
Apparently it's made up of people who have confirmed their places?

Oh well we can just keep our fingers crossed!

Looks like I'm screwed then lol.
Original post by Princepieman
I'm pretty certain I haven't gotten in, there's about 160+ people on the Facebook group already. I assume the remaining 40 or so haven't been found on Facebook. Oh well. It was worth a shot! I'm still applying to the states anyway but it would have been an awesome experience to see all the college campuses beforehand.

Guess it's time to get some SAT revision books; if I do get that magic email I would be extremely grateful. Otherwise, time to hit them books, y'all!

That's the spirit! :smile:
Original post by _Katie
Yeah, I just checked. Mine has had 7 views - and no more than one or two of those could be from me, so they must have seen it.

I know it's not the 21st of March yet, and many people have already been awarded places, but should I be worried that my video views hasn't changed since I posted it.
I'm just really anxious now. :s-smilie:
Reply 206
Do you we know when we can expect the next wave (if there is one) of acceptances?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Also, to the people who have already been accepted, what were your application ID numbers? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Katie
Also, to the people who have already been accepted, what were your application ID numbers? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what was yours?
Original post by H.Ibrahim
what was yours?

Mine was 348
Reply 210
Guys u shouldnt loose any hope...because ppl are still finding out...like someone found out today too
Reply 211
what was yours?

Mine was 2304.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Katie

mine was 3535, so maybe it's based on ID numbers? because I know my video hasn't been viewed anyone other than me.
mine was 3535, so maybe it's based on ID numbers? because I know my video hasn't been viewed anyone other than me.

Just found out that I didn't make it!
Reply 214
Well it's over for me - congratulations on those who got in! :biggrin:

I'm interested in what kind of demographic got in though (GCSE results, background?).

EDIT: As for video views not changing, I guess my application on the form was not good enough to warrant proceeding to the video interview.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 215
Didn't get it. Gutted. :frown:
Reply 216
Original post by scrlk
Well it's over for me - congratulations on those who got in! :biggrin:

I'm interested in what kind of demographic got in though (GCSE results, background?).

EDIT: As for video views not changing, I guess my application on the form was not good enough to warrant proceeding to the video interview.

I don't know about the standard of people that did get accepted - but I got 11 A*s & 1 A^, doing 5 AS levels (6 if you count General Studies).

Still rejected.
Reply 217
Original post by _Katie
I don't know about the standard of people that did get accepted - but I got 11 A*s & 1 A^, doing 5 AS levels (6 if you count General Studies).

Still rejected.

too rich I guess.
Reply 218
Original post by YNM96
too rich I guess.

Nope. Very low family income, first generation university student, comprehensive school.
Reply 219
Original post by _Katie
Nope. Very low family income, first generation university student, comprehensive school.

I know that they look at grades in the context of the school you attend, is your school high achieving?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending