The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's happening? :holmes:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What?
My mocks were in Jan, didn't revise, didn't do badly so not bs

The science one I'm doing :tongue:

Hydrogen Economy... Are you doing one?

You might have some more competition then! :wink: The one I looked at was history alright!
What?
My mocks were in Jan, didn't revise, didn't do badly so not bs

Now this is where the whole system of exams is a lot of BULL****! HOW CAN SOMEBODY LIKE ME WHO REVISED FOR TWO MONTHS FOR HIS MOCKS BALLS UP HIS MOCK EXAMS WHEN INTELLIGENT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DID NOT REVISE GET THE GRADES THAT THEY WANT! IT'S F**KED UP HOW HARD WORKING STUDENTS CAN BE OUT DONE BY NATURAL INTELLIGENCE NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY WORK! :angry:
Well the bluntish replies :lol:

Need to do a Physics ISA retake.
Eisteddfod
Chemistry ISA today which I knew nothing about :colonhash:
Helping with a science thing and another a different Thursday
London next week
Have to send off Cambridge essay in a couple of weeks
Start Oxford essay(s)
All my homework
Oxbridge Conference same day as parents evening
Second mock French Oral

Then in April my actual exam for French :mad:

Whereabouts are you going in London? :smile:
Original post by Futuremedic2096
You might have some more competition then! :wink: The one I looked at was history alright!

:cry2:

Which title would you do?
Original post by Spacey368
Now this is where the whole system of exams is a lot of BULL****! HOW CAN SOMEBODY LIKE ME WHO REVISED FOR TWO MONTHS FOR HIS MOCKS BALLS UP HIS MOCK EXAMS WHEN INTELLIGENT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DID NOT REVISE GET THE GRADES THAT THEY WANT! IT'S F**KED UP HOW HARD WORKING STUDENTS CAN BE OUT DONE BY NATURAL INTELLIGENCE NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY WORK! :angry:

It's a tough world buddy.

I just remember things.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Whereabouts are you going in London? :smile:

Canary Wharf? HSBC HQ :tongue:

lol

I'm not saying this is what's happening in your case, but there's a difference between working hard, and working smart. Some people deceive themselves by thinking they are working hard when they repeat the easy stuff and omit the hard stuff. If you're working smart, you'll work on your weaknesses and improve your strengths.

Sometimes it's luck.

"The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple beforehand, the general who loses the battle makes but few calculations."

"Master yourself, master the enemy, a thousand battles, a thousand victories."

Think about what you've done wrong.
(edited 10 years ago)

Canary Wharf? HSBC HQ :tongue:

Nice, is that for a school trip or what?
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Nice, is that for a school trip or what?

:nah:

Basically they want me to attend the awards ceremony for the scholarships so they are dragging me invited me to go...

Spoiler

Original post by Bude8
lol

I'm not saying this is what's happening in your case, but there's a difference between working hard, and working smart. Some people deceive themselves by thinking they are working hard when they repeat the easy stuff and omit the hard stuff. If you're working smart, you'll work on your weaknesses and improve your strengths.

Sometimes it's luck.

"The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before, the general who loses the battle makes but few calculations."

"Master yourself, master the enemy, a thousand battles, a thousand victories."

Think about what you've done wrong.

Wise, wise words! It's also about how you revise, for example there was this one part of chemistry I couldn't do, and I just went over and over and was tested on questions which were far harder than the exams so I'm prepared! It works for me, I'm over achieving by mile on everything, I just got 58/60 on unit 1 Chem.
Leaves you room for improvement

completely true; it also provides motivation!
Original post by tazza ma razza
completely true; it also provides motivation!

I've achieved, but for me it's about getting that last 6% at the moment, a levels and my sixth form have turned me into some sort of education nut! Also if you have the attitude of "doesn't matter, don't care"or what ever it was you said about applied science then you aren't going to do well!
Reply 9531
Original post by techno836
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

International Baccalaureate

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

Hi you can add me, I am doing OCR for everything:
Eng. Lit
Classical Civilization (Ancient history is closest)
Fine Art
Bio
(edited 3 years ago)
Anyone here good with vectors? I'm stuck on a 3D vectors kinematics question :frown:
Thanks guys! I just got a bit distraught about my results. I just want them to come together in August - That's all I've ever wanted tbh.
I've achieved, but for me it's about getting that last 6% at the moment, a levels and my sixth form have turned me into some sort of education nut! Also if you have the attitude of "doesn't matter, don't care"or what ever it was you said about applied science then you aren't going to do well!

I know. I guess I've just got to knuckle down and do the sodding work!
I know. I guess I've just got to knuckle down and do the sodding work!

You seem like a really nice guy, i want you to do well!!!!! How do you revise?
You seem like a really nice guy, i want you to do well!!!!! How do you revise?

For history (my main essay subject and the subject that I'm most passionate about - It would be my DREAM to do history and film at uni) I generally write all my notes out in my textbook over and over again and do past papers. You too man :biggrin:
For media and applied science I expect past papers is the way forward - and there's no exams in photography. :biggrin:
For history (my main essay subject and the subject that I'm most passionate about - It would be my DREAM to do history and film at uni) I generally write all my notes out in my textbook over and over again and do past papers. You too man :biggrin:
For media and applied science I expect past papers is the way forward - and there's no exams in photography. :biggrin:

I helped a non internet friend that does the same. I know it sounds cheesy but for history make flash cards for key facts, it's really important and realistically you'll never be able to memorise the whole book, writing up practice is important too. For me this is really important, Past Papers should be a means of checking your revision progress, not a form of revision, again I don't know much about media, but use spider diagrams flash cards, make songs whatever for the key facts , I know it sounds ridiculous. I thought the same but it does work, and then test your progress with a pp, the same for app sci! It works for me, and my friend has gone up three grades by doing it intensively for the last month!
I helped a non internet friend that does the same. I know it sounds cheesy but for history make flash cards for key facts, it's really important and realistically you'll never be able to memorise the whole book, writing up practice is important too. For me this is really important, Past Papers should be a means of checking your revision progress, not a form of revision, again I don't know much about media, but use spider diagrams flash cards, make songs whatever for the key facts , I know it sounds ridiculous. I thought the same but it does work, and then test your progress with a pp, the same for app sci! It works for me, and my friend has gone up three grades by doing it intensively for the last month!

THREE GRADES! I'll have to try it - cheers man!
THREE GRADES! I'll have to try it - cheers man!

Yeah, this is what she got and went to.
Psychology E-B
History-D-A
English lit E-C (god knows how you revise English)
Spanish D-A

Latest