The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MikeyP96
They filled all the places for the ones in Feb so I couldn't go to one of those, so I emailed them and they said there weren't gonna be any more medicine applicant days, but they have a medicine and dentistry open day in April which is meant to be very similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame! I guess that was the open day I attended this time last year when deciding on which of all those unis to apply to.... I wanted to visit one last time but dont think I fancy another open day.... thank you :smile:
Has anyone looked at accommodation yet?
Original post by mich32elle

Yeah, I really like Mary Newman. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kangarooblue
Yeah, I really like Mary Newman. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mary Newman is going to be one of my top 4 choices but I really like Frobisher House and Francis Drake halls. Not sure how far they are from our lecture halls though
Reply 644

I really like Frobisher house :
I really like Frobisher house :

It's my favourite by far, I'm hoping I get a place there :smile: What other halls have you looked at?
Reply 646
It's my favourite by far, I'm hoping I get a place there :smile: What other halls have you looked at?

Francis Drake, Mary Newman and Astor House, i really like astor house too but its further from the campu
Francis Drake, Mary Newman and Astor House, i really like astor house too but its further from the campu

I think I actually put Astor House as my second preference when I registered my details only because it is a bit further from the Uni. It's super nice though!
Has the uni sent details for accommodation? I didn't get any- is it because I've not firmed my offer? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Temmystical
Has the uni sent details for accommodation? I didn't get any- is it because I've not firmed my offer? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, don't worry. I've just looked on the website, and we had an accommodation tour at the offer holders day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, don't worry. I've just looked on the website, and we had an accommodation tour at the offer holders day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh k. Thanks.
Reply 651
Off topic, but someone has made a facebook group for people who have firmed offers for Plymouth (Medics and non-medics) :smile: the link is https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1424329041147312

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you not register your details though and select your preferences? I did that then they sent me an email which said they'd email me back when it opened so that I could finish the application..
Did you not register your details though and select your preferences? I did that then they sent me an email which said they'd email me back when it opened so that I could finish the application..

Ohh no I haven't done that yet, I wanted to wait till I'd had more time to look at each place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh no I haven't done that yet, I wanted to wait till I'd had more time to look at each place

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably should have waited, just went by the pictures lol
I probably should have waited, just went by the pictures lol

Haha fair enough! At least you've started the process though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha fair enough! At least you've started the process though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I was just too excited about getting an offer:biggrin:
Mary Newman is going to be one of my top 4 choices but I really like Frobisher House and Francis Drake halls. Not sure how far they are from our lecture halls though

Francis drake is probs 2mins, i can see it from my window right now lol and frobisher abit longer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanz_a93
Francis drake is probs 2mins, i can see it from my window right now lol and frobisher abit longer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm decisions decisions, so confusing! How do you find francis drake then? Are there many medics there?
I am getting so excited looking at accomadation, its finally starting to sink in that I have a place to study my dream next year, and with my Jan results it seems that getting the grades is also more of a reality :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest