The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Futuremedic2096
Yeah, this is what she got and went to.
Psychology E-B
History-D-A
English lit E-C (god knows how you revise English)
Spanish D-A

F**K me that's good!
Original post by Spacey368
F**K me that's good!

She did really go for it!
Thanks guys! I just got a bit distraught about my results. I just want them to come together in August - That's all I've ever wanted tbh.

Mate, your last posts (the angry all-caps one) - I can really sympathise. :frown: I feel like the only good results I've gotten have been complete flukes. I've always wanted to be someone who didn't have revise much and could just absorb info.

It's tough for us, in this sort of education system. But we've still gotta plough through it. I genuinely wish I could offer you some subject-specific help or advice, but I don't do any of your subjects, or anything like them (closest is Politics).

All the best, all the same. There were some funky Tzu quotes posted by someone earlier, whilst they're a bit... abstract... for our purposes, they have a good message. :smile:
Thanks guys! I just got a bit distraught about my results. I just want them to come together in August - That's all I've ever wanted tbh.

They're mocks. Have some faith in yourself.
Original post by NikolaT
Mate, your last posts (the angry all-caps one) - I can really sympathise. :frown: I feel like the only good results I've gotten have been complete flukes. I've always wanted to be someone who didn't have revise much and could just absorb info.

It's tough for us, in this sort of education system. But we've still gotta plough through it. I genuinely wish I could offer you some subject-specific help or advice, but I don't do any of your subjects, or anything like them (closest is Politics).

All the best, all the same. There were some funky Tzu quotes posted by someone earlier, whilst they're a bit... abstract... for our purposes, they have a good message. :smile:

I love the Art of War. I think the wisdom in it is timeless, depending on how you interpret it.

"Master yourself, master the enemy, a thousand battles, a thousand victories."

If one applies that to examinations etc, I am sure they'll do really well. Know the structure of the exam, what they like to ask, recurring patterns etc.
Original post by Futuremedic2096
She did really go for it!

PRSOM
Original post by Bude8
I love the Art of War. I think the wisdom in it is timeless, depending on how you interpret it.

"Master yourself, master the enemy, a thousand battles, a thousand victories."

If one applies that to examinations etc, I am sure they'll do really well. Know the structure of the exam, what they like to ask, recurring patterns etc.

For science A Levels it's certainly true that the exam questions are plucked from a pool of general questions they can ask, so pretty much every question is recurring every few years.
Original post by Bude8
Anyone here good with vectors? I'm stuck on a 3D vectors kinematics question :frown:

you get vectors IN 3D ?????? cant even do them in 2D :sigh: hoping that's just an IB thing and wont be in M2 :tongue:
Original post by sarahiscool
you get vectors IN 3D ?????? cant even do them in 2D :sigh: hoping that's just an IB thing and wont be in M2 :tongue:

I just checked my M2 book and I don't think it is, but it's not just an IB thing.

Original post by MangoFreak
I just checked my M2 book and I don't think it is, but it's not just an IB thing.

C4 you'll have them!

And if you do FP3 then there too:yep:
I got mocks on the 20th and 21st of march.
It is c2 maths
Unit 1 biology and the part i have covered in unit 2
All of unit 1 in chemistry and all of unit 2 except eqilbrium.
I started revising for them yesterday but i am scared that i wouldnt do well in biology and chemistry.

I am going all out for these mock exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nocoolusername
I got mocks on the 20th and 21st of march.
It is c2 maths
Unit 1 biology and the part i have covered in unit 2
All of unit 1 in chemistry and all of unit 2 except eqilbrium.
I started revising for them yesterday but i am scared that i wouldnt do well in biology and chemistry.

I am going all out for these mock exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you know the consequences from my mistakes and my rant. Good luck :smile:
Well they do Eigenvectors but I think you might have it with MEI.

IB HL Maths is a real killer :frown:
We're currently doing Lines and Planes in Space. The IB always throw in a devilish question on that :frown:

We finished some stuff that's in FP2 last week. And we're only in Lower Sixth ._.

I'm really looking forward to our option topic which is Calculus though. Taylor series etc.
Btw guys I found out that 50% of year 12 got at least one U in there mocks.
75% got at least one E or D grade.
I think everybody has some SERIOUS ​work to be done!
Btw guys I found out that 50% of year 12 got at least one U in there mocks.
75% got at least one E or D grade.
I think everybody has some SERIOUS ​work to be done!

That or your college is ****.
!

Well then that puts you in even worst stead.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well then that puts you in even worst stead.

There hardly bad results tbh.
There hardly bad results tbh.

No I'm saying if they're not a bad school and your year still did appallingly, then it is down to you guys.

Latest