The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aniaa
I don't see the point in reapplying. I won't be kissing UK's ass so they kindly accept me

I'm only trying to help...and it's not kissing ass, it's applying to something you want and working hard for it... :frown:
Original post by mahad1912
I sent mine like 6 minutes after the 6pm deadline (I know.. I left it late) but I received 3 unconditional offers from Queen Mary, Brunel and Westminster. Still waiting to hear from King's and Greenwich.

What about you?

Posted fromTSR Mobile

Woah that's good! Do you have all your A level grades already or just AS level?

I applied on the deadline date but I was late in sending de Montfort some stuff... Whoops :/
Anyways conditional offers from Brighton and Hertfordshire! Withdrew from Central Lancashire...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aniaa
3 medical rejection, ****ed up interview. Bye, bye UK

Sorry to hear that! Why don't you get feedback from your interview?
Bye bye UK? Oooo where are you going? I'd love to study abroad! :biggrin: I wish you all the best :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1263
Original post by Khallil
For which subject?

Spoiler

How can you be so sure that a university abroad will accept you? :holmes:

Because unis abroad have better selection process than those in UK

Original post by jimmymacmog
I'm only trying to help...and it's not kissing ass, it's applying to something you want and working hard for it... :frown:

it is kissing their ass. UKCAT, personal statement, more than great grades, interview...maybe we should also dance samba in front of selection team to get in?
Original post by Aniaa

it is kissing their ass. UKCAT, personal statement, more than great grades, interview...maybe we should also dance samba in front of selection team to get in?

Sounds fair enough for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1265
Original post by Khallil
As in, you're more likely to get in, or that they select the most able candidates to become the doctors of the future?

Both actually.
Original post by Aniaa
Both actually.

Can I just point out that you quoted that you "****ed up" your interview, so what do you expect? I'm sure you're very able of doing the course you've applied to, and the unis obviously thought so too if they gave you an interview, but you can't just expect them to give you an offer, especially if you say you "****ed" it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1267
Original post by Kateeeee
Can I just point out that you quoted that you "****ed up" your interview, so what do you expect? I'm sure you're very able of doing the course you've applied to, and the unis obviously thought so too if they gave you an interview, but you can't just expect them to give you an offer, especially if you say you "****ed" it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont expect them to give me an offer? Can you point out whereI said it? I write what's my ucas like at the moment and that I won't reapply(unless I really need to)
Original post by Aniaa
3 medical rejection, ****ed up interview. Bye, bye UK

This is the quote I was talking about, I was just surprised at how 'anti-U.K' you were about the selection process when you felt you messed up the interview. However, I would totally understand if you were frustrated by your rejections. You are obviously capable of doing well on the course, otherwise they wouldn't give you an interview. At least if you do decide to reapply, you'll know what to expect.

If you don't mind me asking, which universities did you apply too? because obviously every university is different, so I wouldn't disregard the UK as a whole :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someones angry at the world, calm down.
Original post by Kateeeee
This is the quote I was talking about, I was just surprised at how 'anti-U.K' you were about the selection process when you felt you messed up the interview. However, I would totally understand if you were frustrated by your rejections. You are obviously capable of doing well on the course, otherwise they wouldn't give you an interview. At least if you do decide to reapply, you'll know what to expect.

If you don't mind me asking, which universities did you apply too? because obviously every university is different, so I wouldn't disregard the UK as a whole :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without sounding too horrible towards her, I wouldn't give her the time of day. She basically believes that anyone who studies social sciences/arts/humanities at university will end up working for McDonald's etc and that those subjects are useless as they won't contribute towards society in any way :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aniaa

It's not kissing their ass. It's making the most of showing what skills you have and assessing whether they think you're fit to be a doctor. Stop whining. You need impressive grades to stand a chance at a top uni for medicine and good grades for lower down ones. A large % of medicine applicants get rejected every year but they don't get all bitter about it. Interview, PS and more than great grades apply for a lot of courses and wait 'til you even touch STEP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
Without sounding too horrible towards her, I wouldn't give her the time of day. She basically believes that anyone who studies social sciences/arts/humanities at university will end up working for McDonald's etc and that those subjects are useless as they won't contribute towards society in any way :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did she say this? :O I saw she said she applied for medicine but maybe I missed something. That's a very silly thing for her to say as all those departments have contributed so much :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh don't worry, I just found the thread with her ignorant comments. Very amusing. I'd like to think that if she spoke like that in her interviews, I'm not surprised she got rejected. She obviously doesn't know what the real world has for her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1274
I'm starting to stress out because I've only got one offer and just want to know and feels like all my friends have heard back from all 5 now...
My current situation is:
University of Westminster - offer received Feb 16th
Southampton Solent University - interview on 10th March after I had to postpone it due to being in hospital
UCA (Epsom) - interview on 9th April (again, had to postpone due to my unplanned hospital stay!)
University of Winchester - still waiting
UAL (London College of Fashion) - still waiting

I'm hoping to get offers from LCF and UCA and I'd hope to have LCF as my firm & UCA as my insurance but I read that if you applied before the 15th Jan deadline (which I did) then UCAS ask the universities to make their decision by 31st March...is this true? Obviously, I'm not expecting anything from UCA as my interview is scheduled after!

Has anyone else dealt with any of these uni's and when to expect offers and how long the wait is after interviews?

Thank you!
Original post by WorldPharmacist
Woah that's good! Do you have all your A level grades already or just AS level?

I applied on the deadline date but I was late in sending de Montfort some stuff... Whoops :/
Anyways conditional offers from Brighton and Hertfordshire! Withdrew from Central Lancashire...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I did a Btec (Btec extended diploma in Applied Science) and I already have my grades. Got D*DD. Hope I get an offer from King's by the end of this month :fingerscrossed:

Congrats on your offers and hopefully you'll hear from de Montfort soon.

What grades are you predicted and did you apply before the 6pm deadline? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted fromTSR Mobile
Original post by ejl37
I'm starting to stress out because I've only got one offer and just want to know and feels like all my friends have heard back from all 5 now...
My current situation is:
University of Westminster - offer received Feb 16th
Southampton Solent University - interview on 10th March after I had to postpone it due to being in hospital
UCA (Epsom) - interview on 9th April (again, had to postpone due to my unplanned hospital stay!)
University of Winchester - still waiting
UAL (London College of Fashion) - still waiting

I'm hoping to get offers from LCF and UCA and I'd hope to have LCF as my firm & UCA as my insurance but I read that if you applied before the 15th Jan deadline (which I did) then UCAS ask the universities to make their decision by 31st March...is this true? Obviously, I'm not expecting anything from UCA as my interview is scheduled after!

Has anyone else dealt with any of these uni's and when to expect offers and how long the wait is after interviews?

Thank you!

Aah and I'm sitting here thinking I'll be hearing from my last 2 unis by the 31st march (I applied a couple mins after the deadline). Well I guess the news from king's won't be coming soon :frown:

Posted fromTSR Mobile
Reply 1277
Aah and I'm sitting here thinking I'll be hearing from my last 2 unis by the 31st march (I applied a couple mins after the deadline). Well I guess the news from king's won't be coming soon :frown:

Posted fromTSR Mobile

You might be OK! My friend applied late (by a day - so similar situation to you)to a social science degree and has all 5 offers already :smile:
Original post by ejl37
You might be OK! My friend applied late (by a day - so similar situation to you)to a social science degree and has all 5 offers already :smile:

That's amazing!
What unis did your friend apply to?

Posted fromTSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: I did a Btec (Btec extended diploma in Applied Science) and I already have my grades. Got D*DD. Hope I get an offer from King's by the end of this month :fingerscrossed:

Congrats on your offers and hopefully you'll hear from de Montfort soon.

What grades are you predicted and did you apply before the 6pm deadline? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted fromTSR Mobile

D*DD! Woah good job!! I hope kings and Greenwich give you offers and well done on all your other offers! Who are you gonna firm and insure? :wink:

I'm doing a foundation year (maths and science in one year) so I don't know what my predicted grades are :/

I applied before the 6pm deadline... I finished my application in December and it was sent to my tutor who took long to reference it! He sent to UCAS a few minutes before 6 :O so I was lucky. I few people I know weren't so lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending