The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callummj6747
It's a very specific subject that we have no say over on this forum, however when I am president of the world I will end the entrance exams and base all medical school applications on a combination of luxurious Gifts and nepotism....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol great start to a future campaign .....
Ps if I REMEBER correctly u have an offer from kings ... If so woop woop .. Many congratulations buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by hello101
Lol great start to a future campaign .....
Ps if I REMEBER correctly u have an offer from kings ... If so woop woop .. Many congratulations buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well remembered, it's firmed and I've applied for accommodation....just want September 13th to come!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
Well remembered, it's firmed and I've applied for accommodation....just want September 13th to come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lo u want 13 th September to come and I want the offer to come.... Here's to praying we both get what we want ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sausagerolled
I got what is considered a 'good' score, and I also think it's a load of ball locks. Seriously, abstract reasoning? It's scarcely applicable to anything vocational. Alongside that, people getting extra time for medicine entry tests.. seriously.. will they get extra time when someone's bleeding out on the operating table?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand what you're saying, in that it's difficult to see the real life benefits, but the point of the UKCAT isn't to test knowledge, it's apparently to test innate skill. Hence abstract reasoning is supposedly there to test ability to see pattern, to make connections, ect. Maybe the BMAT is a better indicator of ability. :smile:
The reason that some people get extra time is if they have, for example, dyslexia. You can imagine how unfair it would be to give a dyslexic person the same amount of time to read a passage than a person without dyslexia.
Ok back on track of the original post:

I cba to check 200+ pages of posts, so, has any home student applicants got any offers yet?

I had my interview 29th January and I still haven't heard back from them..

Funny thing is, at the interview they said they'll make a decision within 2-3 weeks and after 3 weeks they sent me an email saying they are now carefully considering my application.. like what?
Original post by kmlee0926
Ok back on track of the original post:

I cba to check 200+ pages of posts, so, has any home student applicants got any offers yet?

I had my interview 29th January and I still haven't heard back from them..

Funny thing is, at the interview they said they'll make a decision within 2-3 weeks and after 3 weeks they sent me an email saying they are now carefully considering my application.. like what?

Let me give you a summary of the last 200 pages of this (slightly) depressing thread:

The whole "we will try to make a decision within 2-3 weeks post interview" is basically the same as: "we will try to make a decision whenever we want to and that whenever can very well be the end of March."

Hang in there. :smile:
Original post by Cephalosporin

At work I've been checking my email every hour or so for the past 3 weeks.
Reply 4007
Let me give you a summary of the last 200 pages of this (slightly) depressing thread:

The whole "we will try to make a decision within 2-3 weeks post interview" is basically the same as: "we will try to make a decision whenever we want to and that whenever can very well be the end of March."

Hey! How did your interview go? I think you had yours a week before mine? The wait is making me nervous as hell hahah.
Original post by sausagerolled
I got what is considered a 'good' score, and I also think it's a load of ball locks. Seriously, abstract reasoning? It's scarcely applicable to anything vocational. Alongside that, people getting extra time for medicine entry tests.. seriously.. will they get extra time when someone's bleeding out on the operating table?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Abstract reasoning tests your ability to spot patterns, for example, when looking at xrays and other scans. You need to be able to tell if there's an abnormality.

Original post by kmlee0926
At work I've been checking my email every hour or so for the past 3 weeks.

Try 3 months, that's how long a lot of us have been waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pkozman
So from your last sentence, you admit dealing with the time pressure in the UKCAT can be translated into real life situations.

Original post by veriluxe
Hey! How did your interview go? I think you had yours a week before mine? The wait is making me nervous as hell hahah.

LOL we literally had our interviews a week apart from each other:
Chopping block order: pkozman, cephalosporin, veriluxe
Do you think they'll let us know at the same time seeing that we're all internationals?
Do you think they'll let us know at the same time seeing that we're all internationals?

i think they considered me EU and i was wondering the same..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4011

The person interviewed right after me received an offer last week or so I believe. Has any international received a rejection post-interview?
Omg offer

P.S International, interviewed on the 17th! Good luck everyone. :smile: My hands are shaking. This feels so surreal. I can't believe it. I can't believe it. OMG OMG OMG
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4013
Omg offer

P.S International, interviewed on the 17th! Good luck everyone. :smile: My hands are shaking. This feels so surreal. I can't believe it. I can't believe it. OMG OMG OMG

Well done:smile: really happy for you :smile:
Original post by 0612
Well done:smile: really happy for you :smile:

Thank you!! :smile: :smile: I need to go and do some jumping up and down.
Reply 4015
Omg offer

OMGGG YOU! CONGRATS :biggrin:
i just got a message asking me to upload my AP certs. fingers crossed, hopefully we'll meet :biggrin:
Reply 4016
Omg offer

Hahahah congratulations!
Original post by pkozman
Hahahah congratulations!

Thank you :smile: :smile: Fingers crossed you'll hear back soon too!!!!
Original post by veriluxe
OMGGG YOU! CONGRATS :biggrin:
i just got a message asking me to upload my AP certs. fingers crossed, hopefully we'll meet :biggrin:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a good sign!!!! They need to hurry up and just give you an offer. :P
Reply 4019
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a good sign!!!! They need to hurry up and just give you an offer. :P

I HOPE SO. my heart was pounding when i saw "message". I totally thought it was a YES/NO message. GAAAAAh

Quick Reply

Latest