The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone firmed Lancaster for economics? :smile:
Original post by NewtoTSR
Im from Leicester too!

Oh there is another poor sod out there :wink:
Reply 3222
Anyone still waiting for UCL? I'm literally desperate now. Applied on 14th Oct.
Reply 3223
Original post by sutst
Anyone still waiting for UCL? I'm literally desperate now. Applied on 14th Oct.

Exact same thing bro.. guess you are an eu national, right?
Reply 3224
Original post by Szmessh
Exact same thing bro.. guess you are an eu national, right?

I'm an international student :smile:. A friend of mine who applied for Econ and Stats got rejected two weeks ago but still nothing for me :frown:. Really weird as we are in the same school and applied for the same department.
Reply 3225
Anyone still waiting on ucl? Those who are waiting, do you match the grade requirement or not? Anyone got rejected from ucl?
Anyone else go to the UCL open day today? What did you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got rejected from warwick. Oh well, i still got all my other offers.
Original post by Bloxorus
Anyone else go to the UCL open day today? What did you think?

I went I thought it was pretty decent although I couldn't fully hear the guy from the back. Wbu?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cardigansandjeans
Just got rejected from warwick. Oh well, i still got all my other offers.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, Warwick is pretty competitive but you've still done a good job getting the other 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought it was great. I thought how parents weren't allowed was a good idea as it gives you a good chance to talk to others. I met quite a few interesting people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloxorus
Yeah I thought it was great. I thought how parents weren't allowed was a good idea as it gives you a good chance to talk to others. I met quite a few interesting people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whereabouts were you in the lecture hall?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Whereabouts were you in the lecture hall?

About half way back on the right hand side.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I'm sorry to hear that mate, Warwick is pretty competitive but you've still done a good job getting the other 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I know its very competitive. It was my highest choice in terms of grades and whatever. Anyway. Good luck with your degree!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from UEA or Leicester, In terms of offers /rejections asking on behalf of a friend who is still waiting.
Application status changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions" ... here comes the rejection from UCL
Original post by ellenabethx
Application status changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions" ... here comes the rejection from UCL

You never know what could happen. Mine also changed yesterday after 4 months.

same...I'd just like them to hurry up with it so I can sort out my firm option
Original post by monstercable
same...I'd just like them to hurry up with it so I can sort out my firm option

Original post by Razina17
You never know what could happen. Mine also changed yesterday after 4 months.

I'm tempted to change my course to Economics and Business and East European Studies at UCL as that course is in Extra and I really want to go there, but I don't know if they'll let me
I'm tempted to change my course to Economics and Business and East European Studies at UCL as that course is in Extra and I really want to go there, but I don't know if they'll let me

Maybe contact UCL? But would you rather do that course instead of straight economics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending