The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I've applied to developmental psychology and clinical practice too, around 3 weeks ago
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by dolapo22
I've applied to developmental psychology and clinical practice too, around 3 weeks ago

Heard anything from them yet? I applied way back in October, still nothing :|
Reply 162
No not yet, my status still says my application is being assessed, is that what yours says? I've also applied to Durham and Reading but UCL is my first choice, i'm praying i get an offer :smile:
No not yet, my status still says my application is being assessed, is that what yours says? I've also applied to Durham and Reading but UCL is my first choice, i'm praying i get an offer :smile:

Ah same here. Mine is stuck on 'Application Complete' as well. I've applied to Durham too, for developmental psychopathology and it is my second choice after ucl! Which course have you applied for?
I hope we all get offers for this one :tongue: it's my dream
Reply 164
Original post by supriyajoshi
Ah same here. Mine is stuck on 'Application Complete' as well. I've applied to Durham too, for developmental psychopathology and it is my second choice after ucl! Which course have you applied for?
I hope we all get offers for this one :tongue: it's my dream

I applied for developmental psychopathology too! for both durham and reading
Reply 165
Finally received an offer for PhD in Statistical Science :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 166
Original post by sketchymustache
My application has been complete for 8 weeks. I'm d y i n g.

Exactly 8 weeks? They will give you an udate shortly. Possible tmr or the day after tmr
Original post by adl90
I've just gotten an offer for UCL's MSc in Security Studies as well.

Does anyone have any insight into accommodation for postgrads from overseas? I've looked on the website and only found one residence that was purely postgraduate. Any info on postgrad housing would be appreciated!

Congrats on your offer!
I have also looked at accommodations, and UCL houses particularly, but I do not think we are able to pick the house as it is assigned randomly. How did you know which house was for solely postgrads?
How does living in a UCL house compare to living in a flat, do you know?
Reply 168
Original post by wakeypuzziegirl
Congrats on your offer!
I have also looked at accommodations, and UCL houses particularly, but I do not think we are able to pick the house as it is assigned randomly. How did you know which house was for solely postgrads?
How does living in a UCL house compare to living in a flat, do you know?

Hi Thanks! Congratulations on your offer too!
Did you apply anywhere else? I've got acceptances from two other uni's so am trying to figure out which one to choose now!

The postgrad accommodation that I found online was one of the intercollegiate halls, (Lillian House/Hall) something like that. I've never lived in London so I'm not sure of the benefits or pitfalls of living at UCL or in a private flat, although I'd imagine it's maybe a bit cheaper to live in halls though from the little I've read on forums here London is pretty expensive.
Original post by adl90
Hi Thanks! Congratulations on your offer too!
Did you apply anywhere else? I've got acceptances from two other uni's so am trying to figure out which one to choose now!

The postgrad accommodation that I found online was one of the intercollegiate halls, (Lillian House/Hall) something like that. I've never lived in London so I'm not sure of the benefits or pitfalls of living at UCL or in a private flat, although I'd imagine it's maybe a bit cheaper to live in halls though from the little I've read on forums here London is pretty expensive.

I've applied and gotten acceptances at LSE, KCL and Edinburgh as well, but I'm leaning strongly towards choosing UCL. It is a hard decision and I'm hoping it's the right one!

I'm overseas, so quite nervous abt finding housing in London. I don't think I could live in halls because those seem to be catered for undergrads. I don't know anyone else to group and look for private flats, so most likely will apply for houses.
Reply 170
Original post by wakeypuzziegirl
I've applied and gotten acceptances at LSE, KCL and Edinburgh as well, but I'm leaning strongly towards choosing UCL. It is a hard decision and I'm hoping it's the right one!

I'm overseas, so quite nervous abt finding housing in London. I don't think I could live in halls because those seem to be catered for undergrads. I don't know anyone else to group and look for private flats, so most likely will apply for houses.

Congrats on all the offers! I got accepted at LSE and SOAS, waiting for KCL, I keep going back and forth between UCL and LSE! It's definitely a harder decision than I thought it would be!

I'll be heading over from the States too, I'm sure the houses will be great! I can definitely understand wanting to live with postgrads too!
I applied for developmental psychopathology too! for both durham and reading

What a surprise, that's great. Would like to keep in touch these next few weeks, we might just end up together :smile:
Reply 172
Original post by sketchymustache
My application has been complete for 8 weeks. I'm d y i n g.

Same here! 8 weeks and 2 days! It's driving me absolutely crazy, everytime I look and see "You should receive a response approximately 6 weeks after your application became complete". UGH UGH UGH
Reply 173
Original post by as437
Congrats! :smile: What program was it for?

Applied Paediatric Neuropsychology! When did you apply?
Reply 174
Original post by BeritV
Same here! 8 weeks and 2 days! It's driving me absolutely crazy, everytime I look and see "You should receive a response approximately 6 weeks after your application became complete". UGH UGH UGH

You may give them a call
Reply 175
Original post by nunugab
Applied Paediatric Neuropsychology! When did you apply?

My application was officially complete on January 9th. I got an offer from King's, so I'm anxious to know whether I got accepted at UCL so I can go ahead and make a decision. The wait is killing me :s-smilie:!
Reply 176
Original post by as437
My application was officially complete on January 9th. I got an offer from King's, so I'm anxious to know whether I got accepted at UCL so I can go ahead and make a decision. The wait is killing me :s-smilie:!

What course did you apply for? And do Kings require a downpayment if you accept their offer? If they don't you can always accept their offer and then reject it later if you get an offer from UCL (thats assuming you would want to do that and that Kings don't ask for a downpayment once an offer has been accepted).
Reply 177
What a surprise, that's great. Would like to keep in touch these next few weeks, we might just end up together :smile:

Yes Definitely! I pray we will receive good news...i won't be able to contain my excitement these next few weeks! :biggrin:
Reply 178

Ahhh!! Nothing yet! I'm dying. I've applied to Durham for the same program as well, and Edinburgh...DYING! :frown:
Reply 179
Yes Definitely! I pray we will receive good news...i won't be able to contain my excitement these next few weeks! :biggrin:

spoke to soon!!!!

I just got an invitation to interview. Good luck guys! Let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending