The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just seen how low OCR Physics Unit 2 grade boundaries usually are, that makes me happy:biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Just seen how low OCR Physics Unit 2 grade boundaries usually are, that makes me happy:biggrin:

Elaboration?! :tongue:
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Elaboration?! :tongue:

Thought I would have to get around 80ish/100 to get an A, turns out most the time it's 67-69 for an A:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
Thought I would have to get around 80ish/100 to get an A, turns out most the time it's 67-69 for an A:smile:

So did i, that's not too bad then! Are you on OCR A?
So did i, that's not too bad then! Are you on OCR A?

Yep:tongue:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
To be fair, it's better than coffee.

Meh, s'been alright. I'm not particularly liking maths any more but the others are fine. Mocks next week.

You?

I like coffee too :colondollar: I'm so old!

Aw nooo, maths gets better (next year not this year)! So don't drop it:ahee:

Good luck with those :smile:

Yeah, I'm fine with them, just the amount of homework grates on me

Oooh, language controlled assessments were never my strong points, I mean I aced the actual exam bits but not the coursework hahah! Good luck :biggrin:

It's an exam! So we dont actually have preparation... 15 mins before the exams and that's it!

Original post by Red Fox

They're amazing :moon: Unit 1 too!
Original post by Spacey368
No offender guys but I've cracked and burnt. I don't have a CLUE how I can get ABB in August.
Just keep your head up now, don't let the mocks define your year and drag you down

Original post by L'Evil Fish

They're amazing :moon: Unit 1 too!

So much lower than Chem:biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Just keep your head up now, don't let the mocks define your year and drag you down

Yeah! But I'm hoping I pick up the marks in physics... I should do but sometimes the short written answers can be picky (like 3 markers).

Hoping for full UMS in physics... Exams at least.
Original post by Red Fox

Sorry it was too much off a shock D:
I guess I've just got to get on with it.
Yeah! But I'm hoping I pick up the marks in physics... I should do but sometimes the short written answers can be picky (like 3 markers).

Hoping for full UMS in physics... Exams at least.
Yeah them questions are annoying, I need to start doing some Physics past papers. I would go for full UMS but won't get that in my CA but yeah seems quite feasible in exams:tongue:
Original post by iJess
Don't know how I'm going to remember the case studies. In class we are doing The Purge & Skyfall, and for my case study for independent film I've chosen Dallas Buyers Club. So many statistics and figures to remember!

Accepted friend request! We're media budies now! :biggrin:
I'm doing Gravity and The Artist
Original post by Spacey368
Sorry it was too much off a shock D:
I guess I've just got to get on with it.

Understandable (if not slightly over the top) anger but just get your head down and work hard until the exams if you want to make up the grades:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah them questions are annoying, I need to start doing some Physics past papers. I would go for full UMS but won't get that in my CA but yeah seems quite feasible in exams:tongue:

Yeah, my ISA wasn't what I wanted :colonhash: it should be full marks though in the end :moon:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I love French almost as much as I love tea, The Big Bang Theory and getting dust behind my contact lenses :h:

oooooh that really really hurts, I got an eyelash behind mine the other day :eek:
Yeah, my ISA wasn't what I wanted :colonhash: it should be full marks though in the end :moon:

Finished mine a while back but don't have the results yet, probably around 30/40 I hope then I'll do the parts I did worst on again
Oh god, are the ISAS that bad, I've got ALL of mine next week! How does ocr work their ums
Oh god, are the ISAS that bad, I've got ALL of mine next week! How does ocr work their ums

What do you mean how?

34/40 was 48/60 UMS last year.
I'm frankly getting really down about grades, I don't know if I'll actually be able to get the UMS scores I'm looking for.
What do you mean how?

34/40 was 48/60 UMS last year.

Like for anything, because this is the first time I've done OCR
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm frankly getting really down about grades, I don't know if I'll actually be able to get the UMS scores I'm looking for.

Don't be :redface: I'm not worrying because if I worry I'll do worse. So don't worry, try hard and see what happens!

Like for anything, because this is the first time I've done OCR

It's same as other boards :tongue:

Latest