The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
My friend who got rejected from here also got student finance email, how horrible !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 961
Aw that's pretty mean :frown: rung up today and they just said end of march, anyone here applied to Lancaster as well? Just did some TSR thread stalking and they started giving offers from the 5th of march last year! So todayyy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So cruel of Liverpool to reject me straight after sending the Student Finance email :frown: Very disappointed. Oh well.
Original post by Rooroo96
Aw that's pretty mean :frown: rung up today and they just said end of march, anyone here applied to Lancaster as well? Just did some TSR thread stalking and they started giving offers from the 5th of march last year! So todayyy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also a Lancaster applicant, their Facebook page states that they have started post-interview rejections today! :cry: good luck!

Original post by xloichan
So cruel of Liverpool to reject me straight after sending the Student Finance email :frown: Very disappointed. Oh well.

I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: I hope the rest of your application is going well.
Was this a post-interview rejection or no interview?
Original post by Rumschpringe

I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: I hope the rest of your application is going well.
Was this a post-interview rejection or no interview?

Haha thank you anyway but it's not, 3 rejections already and I'm a gap year applicant :/ Rejected without interview, both Lancaster and Liverpool said my personal statement was poor. Good luck!
Reply 965
I'm also a Lancaster applicant, their Facebook page states that they have started post-interview rejections today! :cry: good luck!

Eep! Which fb page is this?
Original post by Charlston
Eep! Which fb page is this?

It's this post https://www.facebook.com/LancasterMedicalSchool/posts/750012761675398?stream_ref=10 . I'm not sure if that link will work as I'm posting via mobile- if not, just search "Lancaster medical school" into the Facebook search bar and it should appear.
Reply 967
It's this post https://www.facebook.com/LancasterMedicalSchool/posts/750012761675398?stream_ref=10 . I'm not sure if that link will work as I'm posting via mobile- if not, just search "Lancaster medical school" into the Facebook search bar and it should appear.

Oh ahaha, I was confused by your post. I thought you were talking about being a Lancaster applicant and then about a Liverpool (this being the Liv thread and all) fb page. I spent about 15 minutes trying to find a Liverpool Med fb page hahaha oops :P
Original post by deed1224
Does anyone know if medicine has a visit day for successful applicants

Nope. I'm not "successful" yet, you see.
Original post by Charlston
Oh ahaha, I was confused by your post. I thought you were talking about being a Lancaster applicant and then about a Liverpool (this being the Liv thread and all) fb page. I spent about 15 minutes trying to find a Liverpool Med fb page hahaha oops :P

Hahaha oh dear, sorry!
Reply 970
Are Liverpool still interviewing people?
Reply 971
Got rejected yesterday from Liverpool.
Original post by Grandjany
Got rejected yesterday from Liverpool.
sorry to hear about that but best of luck with everything else! Was this pre or post interview?
Reply 973
Original post by jesscoulthurst
sorry to hear about that but best of luck with everything else! Was this pre or post interview?

Pre-interview. I was expecting it really it's March after all!
Reply 974
Original post by HayyanN
Are Liverpool still interviewing people?

They certainly are. I was telephoned by admissions team at 4:30 yesterday afternoon inviting me to interview next Wednesday. They apologised for the delay. I was very surprised as I had almost given up hope and was expecting a rejection:smile:
Reply 975
Original post by SAJ1
They certainly are. I was telephoned by admissions team at 4:30 yesterday afternoon inviting me to interview next Wednesday. They apologised for the delay. I was very surprised as I had almost given up hope and was expecting a rejection:smile:

Well done!
If it was by phone and last minute I would assume perhaps next wednesday/that week is the last week of interviews? Decisions soon please...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scarinci1
If I don't get in this year I'm definitely going to take a gap year. I'll focus on getting my grades and then plan more work experience placements...I really want to go to Africa and volunteer if I have to take a gap year. Do you have any plans? ☺️

Yeah I will be doing the same. As long as I get the grades this year I will be reapplying. It's so intense, you have to get the grades within 2 years so there's no becoming a doctor if you don't! And it's sad because sometimes it isn't all about grades, I know a lot of people that would be amazing doctors with BBB :frown:
Original post by khiahlouise
Yeah I will be doing the same. As long as I get the grades this year I will be reapplying. It's so intense, you have to get the grades within 2 years so there's no becoming a doctor if you don't! And it's sad because sometimes it isn't all about grades, I know a lot of people that would be amazing doctors with BBB :frown:

Well actually there are a select few medical schools who allow people who are doing their a levels over 3 years to apply- so resitting a year is doable if it's necessary!
Reply 978
Original post by khiahlouise

Whilst this may be true for a select few, it cannot be turned into a generalisation.

Medicine is not incredulously difficult; it is the amount of information that one must absorb that is difficult. That and having to link information and deduce the whole picture from pieces. If people are struggling to do that with just 3 different subjects at A-Level, it must be presumed they will struggle at medical school.
Reply 979
Original post by Kyalimers
Whilst this may be true for a select few, it cannot be turned into a generalisation.

Medicine is not incredulously difficult; it is the amount of information that one must absorb that is difficult. That and having to link information and deduce the whole picture from pieces. If people are struggling to do that with just 3 different subjects at A-Level, it must be presumed they will struggle at medical school.

Don't be so ignorant. I've heard on numerous occasions that A-level candidates with BBB grades are fully capable of getting through and excelling whilst studying Medicine. In fact, the admissions tutor at Leeds Medical School even said that those with CCC can do so! They only set the requirements as AAA to limit the number of applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending