The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Don't be :redface: I'm not worrying because if I worry I'll do worse. So don't worry, try hard and see what happens!

To be fair I don't try at all and get As so I suppose trying moderately will do well for me :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement :smile:
Original post by MangoFreak
To be fair I don't try at all and get As so I suppose trying moderately will do well for me :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement :smile:

Yeah :lol: I didn't want to say that because we'd be deemed arrogant.

It's true though, I think I'm guaranteed 4 As... Just want the UMS now :lol:

Some people need to learn that self confidence does not equal arrogance:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox

PRSOM
I NEED TO BELIEVE THAT I CAN DO THIS!
Dictionary
believe[ bih-leev ]
verb (used without object) [be·lieved, be·liev·ing.]
1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
verb (used with object) [be·lieved, be·liev·ing.]
Thanks for the help!

Original post by Red Fox

Regardless, I have no self confidence anyway :tongue: Slightly more academically than in other walks, but not much.

I don't particularly feel good about getting As without effort; by very virtue of that phenomenon's description, I've put little effort in. Even if I had I doubt I would be particularly bothered, it does seem insensitive to those with lesser grades.
Original post by Spacey368
I NEED TO BELIEVE THAT I CAN DO THIS!
Dictionary
believe[ bih-leev ]
verb (used without object) [be·lieved, be·liev·ing.]
1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
verb (used with object) [be·lieved, be·liev·ing.]
Thanks for the help!

I believe you can do it! :awesome:
Original post by MangoFreak
Regardless, I have no self confidence anyway :tongue: Slightly more academically than in other walks, but not much.

I don't particularly feel good about getting As without effort; by very virtue of that phenomenon's description, I've put little effort in. Even if I had I doubt I would be particularly bothered, it does seem insensitive to those with lesser grades.

I'm not a confident person but get called cocky a lot because I do well and believe I will carry on doing well. I haven't put any real effort into school so far but starting next week I am (hopefully) going to start working a lot harder to get those high UMS scores:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
I'm not a confident person but get called cocky a lot because I do well and believe I will carry on doing well. I haven't put any real effort into school so far but starting next week I am (hopefully) going to start working a lot harder to get those high UMS scores:tongue:

I do the same!
Original post by Futuremedic2096
oooooh that really really hurts, I got an eyelash behind mine the other day :eek:

Ugh, last Friday one of my lenses got folded up and made its way too far below my eyelids for me to retrieve it :frown: I tried for half an hour to remove it but I was already late to school so I just put another lens in (I use disposables) and kept it there for the whole day. When I finally got it out several hours later by repeatedly plunging my face into water and opening my eyes, it was covered in pus and my eye is still sore from it :yucky: .

Don't get me wrong, I love wearing contacts and they're infinitely more convenient than glasses ever were, but that was not cool :frown:
Reply 9610
Accepted friend request! We're media budies now! :biggrin:
I'm doing Gravity and The Artist

We certainly are :biggrin: I watched Gravity at home and we watched Moon in class. They said we're not allowed to do films older than 5 years old and for my case studies I'm doing films I enjoy, I just find it better rather than doing it on a film I hate :biggrin:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Ugh, last Friday one of my lenses got folded up and made its way too far below my eyelids for me to retrieve it :frown: I tried for half an hour to remove it but I was already late to school so I just put another lens in (I use disposables) and kept it there for the whole day. When I finally got it out several hours later by repeatedly plunging my face into water and opening my eyes, it was covered in pus and my eye is still sore from it :yucky: .

Don't get me wrong, I love wearing contacts and they're infinitely more convenient than glasses ever were, but that was not cool :frown:

Eww god eye pus, I use rgp lenses, they can be annoying at times though?
Eww god eye pus, I use rgp lenses, they can be annoying at times though?

I'm not at all squeamish but it was vile :tongue:

I used to have those, but I spend a lot of time away from home so disposables are handy. I'm going to be switching to silicone hydrogel soon, though.
I'm not at all squeamish but it was vile :tongue:

I used to have those, but I spend a lot of time away from home so disposables are handy. I'm going to be switching to silicone hydrogel soon, though.

Neither am I obvs, but I did not know you eye could get pussy
Neither am I obvs, but I did not know you eye could get pussy

My eyes get all the girls :smug: .
My eyes get all the girls :smug: .

Your female though :lol:

Seemingly my eyes are bisexual, then.

mmmm heteronormativity yum

This is one of many reasons why I don't want to wear contact lenses :tongue:
Its crazy how long it's taking to fill this thread compared to the Yr11 one, we had about 7+ Mrks for that xD

Meanwhile finished doing maths: Modelling Graphs: Logarithms at this time of night:s-smilie:
Did anyone on here ever end up going for that Nuffield thing?

Latest