The Student Room Group

Kashmiri students suspended by the Indians for supporting Pakistan

"NEW DELHI Kashmiri students at a private university in northeastern India were suspended indefinitely and removed from their dorms on Monday after they cheered the Pakistani team during a televised cricket match against India.

“You cannot pass judgments against your own national team,” said Manzoor Ahmed, vice chancellor of Swami Vivekanand Subharti University in Meerut, explaining the decision to remove the students. “Their behavior was not conducive to peace on the campus. It creates bad blood with the local boys.”

So not only are horrible human right abuses and the genocide of Kashmiris continuing but apparently they are not even allowed to support another sports team. Quite telling that Indian nationalism has been reduced to anti-Pakistan bashing of late.

Again this is only a microscopic reminder of the discrimination Kashmiris in Jammu and Kashmir have to go through on a daily basis.

No wonder the Indian authorities refuse to hold a referendum. The results would be painstakingly clear.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/world/asia/kashmir-students-india-pakistan-cricket-team.html?_r=0
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/10678163/Indian-Kashmiri-cricket-fans-to-be-charged-for-cheering-Pakistan.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-26445411

N.B. In response to the Indian trolls who will inevitably bring up Pakistan's past human rights violations- this does not make the actions of your own country any more justified. Please stick to the topic at hand which is Kashmir.

Scroll to see replies

I'm Kashmiri and my give a **** level is at 0.
India > Pakistan
Reply 3
Original post by Algorithm69
India > Pakistan

To be honest, that is the only type of response I' am expecting.

After all a rational response would automatically prove Pakistan right in this case and the Indians would rather discriminate and commit genocide rather than even think about doing that.
Inzamam you may have beat India in cricket but the last World Cup semi - finals were very enjoyable to watch :wink: . Or have you forgot that defeat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
India > Pakistan

again you must have used the wrong algorithm to work that out lol
Original post by IdeasForLife
If the suspension was done by Pakistanis then you'd be on here commenting on about how they're so backward what not.
But yh when India does it, its ok..

I couldn't care less about what happens in the subcontinent so no I wouldn't.

Original post by Inzamam99
By the way why did you bring up Pakistan when I specifically said this thread is about India and its role in Kashmir/ treatment of Kashmiris?

I have noticed it on Pakistani news sites as well- most of the comments section is filled with spiteful Indians. Bit sad but whatever floats your boat :smile:

Because I know you hate it. You're a Pakistani nationalist who hates India because it is far superior to Pakistan. Always has been. Also, I'm white British not Indian. I don't have a dog in this hunt. It simply amuses me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/9155591/India-accused-of-poverty-smokescreen.html

I would have thought that the country with the highest % poverty rate is more backwards?

Somehow Pakistan remains above India despite a decade long war which has ravaged the country.

And we still beat you in cricket.

AAHAHAHAAH.

That will be all.

Back to Kashmir.

Cricket? Is that that incredibly, excruciatingly, painfully boring sport that I don't give two ****s about? Hold on let me check...yep, it sure is.

Oh and we? You're British, mate. Maybe you should **** off to Pakistan if you feel more for that awful, disgusting country than good old blightly.
Original post by Rakes
Inzamam you may have beat India in cricket but the last World Cup semi - finals were very enjoyable to watch :wink: . Or have you forgot that defeat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you Indians cheated,
(edited 10 years ago)

Sure about that? You've already posted here and called Pakistan backward, I think you care.
Reply 9
I don't understand why Inzamam is getting so emotional. It's not your fight let the two countries sort out their own hate problems, it's people who are backward minded like you that cause the anger between india and pakistan to go on.

And just for your information India is predicted by 2025 to have the 3rd largest economy in the world, so i'd be careful when talking about who backward
Sure about that? You've already posted here and called Pakistan backward, I think you care.

I care in as much as a secular economic powerhouse is far superior to another backward Islamic hellhole, sure.
Reply 11
lol
I care in as much as a secular economic powerhouse is far superior to another backward Islamic hellhole, sure.

To some extent you do care then, why all the contradicting posts?
To be honest, that is the only type of response I' am expecting.

After all a rational response would automatically prove Pakistan right in this case and the Indians would rather discriminate and commit genocide rather than even think about doing that.

Pakistan Zindabaad! don't worry one day we will have the whole Kashmir returned to Pakistan.
This thread is funny :wink: .

The amount of Hindus you people killed in Pakistan is countless and your concerned about a few students getting expelled.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Resorting to petty insults because you can't reply back anything intelligent?

:u:

Actually it's because I'm drunk and using you to entertain myself.

So, that Pakistan, eh? Still sentencing mentally disabled people to death over there or what?
Actually it's because I'm drunk and using you to entertain myself.

So, that Pakistan, eh? Still sentencing mentally disabled people to death over there or what?

If you're referring to the mentally disabled girl who was accused of ripping the Qur'an or something, then no, she didn't get killed. In fact it was discovered it was an Imam who did it, not her.

I don't know whether Pakistan does execute mentally disabled people but I think the USA does. Here have a read - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/05/florida-execute-mentally-ill-john-ferguson

Florida has executed a schizophrenic man who believed that he was the immortal prince of God vested with superhuman powers including an ability to control the sun, despite the US constitution's prohibition against putting mentally ill people to death...

Enjoy my drunk friend :smile:
If you're referring to the mentally disabled girl who was accused of ripping the Qur'an or something, then no, she didn't get killed. In fact it was discovered it was an Imam who did it, not her.

No another person. A man. Although you bring up another great point to the absolute hellish nightmare the country of Pakistan is.

I don't know whether Pakistan does execute mentally disabled people but I think the USA does. Here have a read - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/05/florida-execute-mentally-ill-john-ferguson

Enjoy my drunk friend :smile:

I don't even know what your point here is. I am not American nor am I comparing Pakistan to America. When a drunk guy can see straight through your logical fallacies you really should take it as a sign that you're a bit of a dummy.
Reply 18
Lol at the person who brang up the 2011 world cup :biggrin: that was 3 years ago. Since then we have beaten you IN india and afridi just last week :P
Reply 19

Because I know you hate it. You're a Pakistani nationalist who hates India because it is far superior to Pakistan. Always has been. Also, I'm white British not Indian. I don't have a dog in this hunt. It simply amuses me.

Cricket? Is that that incredibly, excruciatingly, painfully boring sport that I don't give two ****s about? Hold on let me check...yep, it sure is.

Oh and we? You're British, mate. Maybe you should **** off to Pakistan if you feel more for that awful, disgusting country than good old blightly.

I would rather the two countries be at peace and that a referendum be held where the Kashmiri people can decide their own future.

Can I ask why you and others are so adamant on not giving the Kashmiri people the right to self determination? How can India claim to be a liberal secular democracy when it forcibly keeps Kashmir and to a certain extent other provinces a part of itself by force?

The discrimination against minorities in India is quite well documented. If you look the number of anti-Christian and anti-Muslim riots in India when compared to Pakistan since 2000 for example then they are far more numerous in the former.

The "secularism" of India is plain and simple BS for those who care to swallow it. Even all the great Khans of Bollywood agree with me.

Your immature and childish attitude is extremely amusing. Keep it up :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending