Coventry
Visit website

How easy is it to pass a resit

kk
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ksmith3
hey

Basically i just completed my first year and passed everying apart from one module (got 37.5%) and had to resit two pieces of cw.

I was just wondering do they mark harshly? I do joint honours and planning to drop my minor (history, the one module i failed) and just do singles!

Please help im currently stressing as i want to get into the 2nd year and i will not hear back from them till the 16th of sept!

They mark the same as when you first sat it :p:

If you fail by only a couple of marks, your transcript will go to the exam board who may condone it so you go through anyway.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
They'll do exactly the same as the first time round. The only thing you should be doing is better.
Hi everyone,
I am a student of architecture and i want to share my experience of resit with you guys. Last year in my first stage i almost failed all my modules except one in my first attempt and later i was permitted to give all the resits. It was total 5 subjects that i had to pass inorder to promote to next stage and all these subjects were core modules. That time i was very stress and was looking for some motivational blogs and others success stories on internet and i couldnt find any that time. So thats why i am writing this up in order to help and motivate people going through resit exams stress.
In my case i was very demotivated by every1 even my tutors personal tutor send me an email regarding my resits and he mentioned that it is almost impossible to pass all these modules in one go. I became even more stressed. It was theworst time of my life. There was no one to support me. I was feeling very depressed. I am an international student so i was not even having single person around me. It was only me staying in university accomodation that time as everyone was back home enjoying their summer holidays.
i believe that I have a very good quality of not loosing hope no matter what the circumstances are. So i started working hard. Cuz i believe if you work hard you will definately get the fruit. So keep working hard and think about the future that how much you would be happy when u will achieve that goal. I did tge same that time, i worked very hard and i think the given time to prepare for resit was more than enough. I even enjoyed my holidays with work and at the end i passed all my exams and that too with good grades though all my marks were capped at 40%. As it was my first year so these marks were not gonna count in my final degree so i wAs not even feeling bad. Now i am kn my second year.
So guys dont loose hope, ignore people who discourage you and work hard.
Thanks
Student like you
Reply 4
Original post by Relieffrmstress
Hi everyone,
I am a student of architecture and i want to share my experience of resit with you guys. Last year in my first stage i almost failed all my modules except one in my first attempt and later i was permitted to give all the resits. It was total 5 subjects that i had to pass inorder to promote to next stage and all these subjects were core modules. That time i was very stress and was looking for some motivational blogs and others success stories on internet and i couldnt find any that time. So thats why i am writing this up in order to help and motivate people going through resit exams stress.
In my case i was very demotivated by every1 even my tutors personal tutor send me an email regarding my resits and he mentioned that it is almost impossible to pass all these modules in one go. I became even more stressed. It was theworst time of my life. There was no one to support me. I was feeling very depressed. I am an international student so i was not even having single person around me. It was only me staying in university accomodation that time as everyone was back home enjoying their summer holidays.
i believe that I have a very good quality of not loosing hope no matter what the circumstances are. So i started working hard. Cuz i believe if you work hard you will definately get the fruit. So keep working hard and think about the future that how much you would be happy when u will achieve that goal. I did tge same that time, i worked very hard and i think the given time to prepare for resit was more than enough. I even enjoyed my holidays with work and at the end i passed all my exams and that too with good grades though all my marks were capped at 40%. As it was my first year so these marks were not gonna count in my final degree so i wAs not even feeling bad. Now i am kn my second year.
So guys dont loose hope, ignore people who discourage you and work hard.
Thanks
Student like you

omg thank you so much for this! It's been 7 years and your words helped me today! I have to resit 3 exams and it's stressing me so much. I hope you have become a great person now.
Original post by L2000
omg thank you so much for this! It's been 7 years and your words helped me today! I have to resit 3 exams and it's stressing me so much. I hope you have become a great person now.

Hi @L2000

Resitting exams can be stressful so I hope you are coping okay! If you need any help or support through your resit period, don't hesitate to ask any of us student ambassadors on here, we'd be more than happy to help.

Good luck with your retakes, I hope you pass them all! :smile:

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student

Quick Reply

Latest