The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zael89
I attended my interview on the 28th of January for A101 graduate entry and just received an email today at around 3pm to say that I had been offered a place to study at Leicester - so happy right now.

Yay! Are you going to be firming it?

We're getting quite a nice little TSR bunch with offers
Reply 2861
Thanks everyone, glad to hear it's not just me! Hopefully this waiting will be over before long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2862
Original post by Zael89
I attended my interview on the 28th of January for A101 graduate entry and just received an email today at around 3pm to say that I had been offered a place to study at Leicester - so happy right now.

Congrats on the offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.facebook.com/groups/293617757457893/

I created a facebook page for GEM offer holders so we can get to know each other and stop clogging up this thread.

Original post by Minermis
Just got a graduate medicine offer!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by asahota1986
Got an offer for grad, interviewed on 29th Jan! Unbelievable!

Original post by Zael89
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Amyk89
Yeah stay positive.

Its close to 2:1 interview to offer ratio so the odds are forever in your favour (sorry couldn't resist that but I will keep my fingers crossed that you're joining me in Sept!)

Haha! I would rep you for that but I think I have repped you too much as TSR won't let me lol.
Original post by petzneo
Haha! I would rep you for that but I think I have repped you too much as TSR won't let me lol.

Damn TSR and their rep limits!!
Original post by jimjam123
haha *kisses three fingers and raises to the air* gotta love the hunger games :P

Original post by petzneo

Although this medicine application process does feel a bit like the hunger games at times.... except we are all much more polite :P
Original post by Zael89

Original post by 0612
17th December, still waiting.

I think they are getting the graduates and international offers out the way first before deciding on undergarduate applicants.

Original post by rainerised
Yeah same I had mine on the 12th as well and haven't heard yet. We've got till end of March so there's still hope :smile:

Original post by jimjam123
haha *kisses three fingers and raises to the air* gotta love the hunger games :P

Original post by haribo26
Hi, just wondering if there's anyone else still waiting for a reply from a December interview? Had my interview on the 12th December and still haven't heard...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys, would you all be kind enough to give me your details i.e. universities applied to, UKCAT and/ GAMSAT scores and degree and classification, so that I can add you to the Stalking thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medicine_applicants_stalking_page_2014_entry#Leicester

It would be really useful for future candidates to see how other graduates do. If you don't want to that fine too :smile:
KCL Biomed BSc 2:1
UKCAT 737.5 Band 2

Leicester GEM - pre interview score 20/25, interview 27/01/14
Soton GEM - pending
Warwick - rejection 21/01/14
Manchester - interview 11/12/14, offer 29/01/14

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anymore international offers?
Reply 2870
Original post by petzneo
Hey guys, would you all be kind enough to give me your details i.e. universities applied to, UKCAT and/ GAMSAT scores and degree and classification, so that I can add you to the Stalking thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medicine_applicants_stalking_page_2014_entry#Leicester

It would be really useful for future candidates to see how other graduates do. If you don't want to that fine too :smile:

Hi, I'm not a graduate applicant but my stats are:
9 A* 2 A GCSE
AAAAA AS level
Predicted A*A*A*A* at A level
UKCAT 842.5 Band 2
Unis applied to:
Edinburgh, UCL, Leicester, Sheffield

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2871
Original post by Amyk89
Bye bye Southampton BM4, Bye bye Leicester A100... Hello Leicester A101... Firmed

Now what do I do with myself for the next few months... all that spare time now I don't have to check my emails :s-smilie: :smile:

I've just realised who you are (you changed your picture which threw me off). Very pleased you have your offer - I had a good feeling about you from reading your posts on here :smile:.

Keep your fingers crossed for me please!
Original post by Alumno
I've just realised who you are (you changed your picture which threw me off). Very pleased you have your offer - I had a good feeling about you from reading your posts on here :smile:.

Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Aww shucks! Thanks!

Now I've got my place I just want everyone else on here to get one too! I will keep fingers and toes crossed. Hopefully more offers will go out this afternoon and one will have your name on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2873
Original post by Amyk89
Aww shucks! Thanks!

Now I've got my place I just want everyone else on here to get one too! I will keep fingers and toes crossed. Hopefully more offers will go out this afternoon and one will have your name on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so nice! I hope I can join your facebook group soon!

The day the first graduates from Jan got offers was the day I was asked for a workplace reference. I'm just hoping it's just a matter of confirming my employment.

I've been sending emails and phoning people like crazy to make sure I get it sent by Monday. My manager doesn't work weekends usually and I'm on the night shift at the moment. When I forwarded their email to her she was like "I need more info than this, where do I send it, what do they want to know".

So I spoke to the admissions lady today (they were so nice, I was terrified I'd be told off for phoning them when they ask you not to) and she said "make sure she states you started September 2013 and you'll still be there in August 2014".

It struck me as a bit strange as I could understand it if this was my only year of full time employment as a HCSW, but I worked in a different HCSW role full time all of last year!

I just wish I'd added supplmentary information earlier as others did. I did an academic reference on UCAS because that was what they asked for if you graduated letter than 3 years ago I think.

Anyway, hopefully they're just confirming my year's employment and I will get an offer. Fingers crossed!
Original post by Adam657
You're so nice! I hope I can join your facebook group soon!

The day the first graduates from Jan got offers was the day I was asked for a workplace reference. I'm just hoping it's just a matter of confirming my employment.

I've been sending emails and phoning people like crazy to make sure I get it sent by Monday. My manager doesn't work weekends usually and I'm on the night shift at the moment. When I forwarded their email to her she was like "I need more info than this, where do I send it, what do they want to know".

So I spoke to the admissions lady today (they were so nice, I was terrified I'd be told off for phoning them when they ask you not to) and she said "make sure she states you started September 2013 and you'll still be there in August 2014".

It struck me as a bit strange as I could understand it if this was my only year of full time employment as a HCSW, but I worked in a different HCSW role full time all of last year!

I just wish I'd added supplmentary information earlier as others did. I did an academic reference on UCAS because that was what they asked for if you graduated letter than 3 years ago I think.

Anyway, hopefully they're just confirming my year's employment and I will get an offer. Fingers crossed!

I agree with you. I would assume its just a case of ensuring you fulfil all their criteria so that they can offer you a place... I hope that's the case! I bet it's going to be a long wait until next week! Where are you working at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No news for people today? :frown:
Reply 2876
Anyone heard today? My inbox is depressingly quiet..
Reply 2877
Nope nothing for me either. Checking my emails frantically as it looks like a couple of Newcastle A101 offers are trickling out too!
Reply 2878
Original post by Amyk89
I agree with you. I would assume its just a case of ensuring you fulfil all their criteria so that they can offer you a place... I hope that's the case! I bet it's going to be a long wait until next week! Where are you working at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a health care support worker at a medium secure mental health hospital. It's a great job and I really like it there.
Last year I was a support worker with hampshire autistic society which was in a residential setting and broadly different.

Thank you for good wishes! It's nice to have someone to calm me down when I start thinking too obsessively!

What about you? Was your interview the 28th or 27th? I'm not sure if we met?
Original post by Adam657
I'm a health care support worker at a medium secure mental health hospital. It's a great job and I really like it there.
Last year I was a support worker with hampshire autistic society which was in a residential setting and broadly different.

Thank you for good wishes! It's nice to have someone to calm me down when I start thinking too obsessively!

What about you? Was your interview the 28th or 27th? I'm not sure if we met?

I was 27th, am, group 1?

I've been doing agency nursing shifts as I've not long moved to the area. I've just secured one of my dream nursing jobs (its been a succesful couple of weeks!) but I hadn't stated at interview that I had applied for medicine. I'll tell them when my paperwork comes through as I hope to drop down to part time-1 shift a week (at least for the 1st term), I just hope they're ok with it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending