The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
Ah, the club thieves. I saw a BBC article a few months back that seriously asked if it was fine to ignore their roots. Sorry, they stole Winbledon's club, so no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that was a ridiculous article. Essentially "hey it's been ten years, surely people have forgotten???? And they do some community work... come on guys it's okay right?"

No it ****ing isn't.
Vauxhall Motors join Canvey Island and a number of clubs who have voluntarily decided to accept relegation at the end of the season as their budget cannot stretch to the level that they are playing at. Great pity when money not results leads to such a decision.
Original post by Jangrafess
Yeah that was a ridiculous article. Essentially "hey it's been ten years, surely people have forgotten???? And they do some community work... come on guys it's okay right?"

No it ****ing isn't.

The new laws on assets of community value should be applied to football (and other sports) clubs and should extend to location, name, colours and probably a few other things. Cardiff should be playing in blue and the club in the Premier League north of the Humber is Hull City, not Hull CIty Tigers.
Original post by barnetlad
The new laws on assets of community value should be applied to football (and other sports) clubs and should extend to location, name, colours and probably a few other things. Cardiff should be playing in blue and the club in the Premier League north of the Humber is Hull City, not Hull CIty Tigers.

Coventry should be playing in Coventry. The authorities allowing our ridiculous move lost any shred of credibility when they did that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vauxhall Motors join Canvey Island and a number of clubs who have voluntarily decided to accept relegation at the end of the season as their budget cannot stretch to the level that they are playing at. Great pity when money not results leads to such a decision.

Disgraceful stuff when you know the money involved would be a fraction of caveman Rooney's weekly salary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it ****ing isn't.

I can't help but feel a great sense of irony whenever we play them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 406
Original post by Akash16
Wow just seen all that hate I received on here loool calm it.jpg

do u play for real medrid m8? is spain nice? mods pls

Meanwhile as someone else pointed out, Rooney is earning 300 grand a week, sad when you see real football clubs go up the wall like that.
Reply 408
LOOL pipe down craigg, Take a breather. I'm back to haunt y'all with my desire and hunger for LCFC to kill the championship
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 409
Original post by Akash16
LOOL pipe down craigggg boi. Take a breather. I'm back to haunt y'all with my desire and hunger for LCFC to kill the championship

Disassembled my toilet, all the pipes put down on the floor, now heavily breathing. Further instructions? Back to haunt y'all with my desire for home clean sheets and Beppe Sannino.
Original post by CraigWM
Disassembled my toilet, all the pipes put down on the floor, now heavily breathing. Further instructions? Back to haunt y'all with my desire for home clean sheets and Beppe Sannino.

Have you gone insane?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
Original post by CraigWM

Hahaha you are one hilarious guy. This is the kind of banter I enjoy on this thread!
(edited 7 years ago)
So QPR have announced losses of £65m, with a wage bill higher than Borussia Dortmund. It's going to be so hilarious if they don't go up this season. 'Arry on course to ruin yet another club.

Original post by sr90
So QPR have announced losses of £65m, with a wage bill higher than Borussia Dortmund. It's going to be so hilarious if they don't go up this season. 'Arry on course to ruin yet another club.

The Football League on course to do sod all about anything as long as fixtures are fulfilled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 414
45649533.jpg

what a wheela deela
The QPR figures are not surprising but still highly embarrassing, what a joke of a club!
Generally I don't give a **** who you support as long as it's not MK Dons.

edit: I'd prefer it to be Brentford, admittedly.

Original post by Midlander
Ah, the club thieves. I saw a BBC article a few months back that seriously asked if it was fine to ignore their roots. Sorry, they stole Winbledon's club, so no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it ****ing isn't.

However MK Dons came into existence was not the fault of the fans, many of which have grown up in MK so it is their local team and will not know (or particularly care) much about the details of the move from Wimbledon. The history pre-MK was handed back and AFC have a team in the league now so things have more or less worked out for everyone (except perhaps a team that may have lost out on promotion around the time of the move if Wimbledon had gone bust instead of being bought out and moved).
Original post by alex_hk90
However MK Dons came into existence was not the fault of the fans, many of which have grown up in MK so it is their local team and will not know (or particularly care) much about the details of the move from Wimbledon. The history pre-MK was handed back and AFC have a team in the league now so things have more or less worked out for everyone (except perhaps a team that may have lost out on promotion around the time of the move if Wimbledon had gone bust instead of being bought out and moved).

Well, a few things wrong with this:

1. Winkelman would not have attempted it if he didn't think there was demand for a league club in Milton Keynes. So yes, the fans are partly responsible.

2. Milton Keynes already had a football club. He could have made big investment into this one rather than stealing one which had been a part of its community for much longer. Not caring about this past is precisely why your fans as well as your club aren't the most popular.

3. So what that the history was handed back, it was never yours to begin with. Wimbledon fans had their club taken off them and shunted somewhere else and were left having to start from the bottom of the ladder with their own cash. Yes they got back up but the club is a smaller enterprise than it was before and its fan base has shrunk.

It was just plain wrong. Maybe one day your club will get relocated and then you may understand why nobody in the football community has the time of day for 'Franchise FC'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birmingham City's Carson Yeung has been jailed for money laundering. I assume there is no fit and proper test like the Premier League? If so do I expect Cellino to take over Leeds Utd? I mean, it might be worth paying a visit to see his daughter though.
Reply 419
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Birmingham City's Carson Yeung has been jailed for money laundering. I assume there is no fit and proper test like the Premier League? If so do I expect Cellino to take over Leeds Utd? I mean, it might be worth paying a visit to see his daughter though.

I think the one that PL uses is also applies the football league if you get my point.

Tbh if the Romans, sheikhs, shinawatras can pass it, celino has nothing to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest